• [Samba] INTERNAL DNS Problem

From =?UTF-8?Q?Keshia_lesly_diana_Etsik=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 14 12:00:01 2017
    This is the configuration of smb.conf of  the DC is  Global parameters[global]        workgroup = DOMAINNAME        realm = domainamet.lan        netbios name = SMBSERVERREP2        server role = active directory domain controller   
       dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes[netlogon]        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domainname.lan/scripts        read only = No
    [sysvol]        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol        read only = No
    I have 

I have three domain controller samba 4.2 under debian jessie. One that creates the domain forest and two replication. But when I simulate a failover on the first machine, the replication servers are not able to provide information about domain members to
    linux clients. So there I try to add a linux station with my first server stop. But he sent me this error.
    samba-tool domain join domainename.lan -U"IDOMAINENAME\administrator"Password for [IDOMAINNAME\administrator]:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 898, in secretsdb_self_join msg["
    priorWhenChanged"] = [res[0]["whenChanged"][0]]KeyError: 'No such element'Segmentation faultEven using the command "net ads join administrator" I have an error updating the DNS.

net ads join -U AdministratorEnter Administrator's password:Using short domain name -- DOMAINNAMEJoined 'SMBCLIENT' to dns domain 'domainname.lan'DNS update failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
    But if I jump to a post while the first DC is on I have no error.
    I would like to solve this problem. Thank you for your help.
    --
    To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rowland Penny via samba@21:1/5 to samba@lists.samba.org on Tue Mar 14 12:20:01 2017
    On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:48:25 +0000 (UTC)
    Keshia lesly diana Etsiké malam via samba <samba@lists.samba.org> wrote:

This is the configuration of smb.conf of  the DC is  Global parameters[global]        workgroup = DOMAINNAME        realm = domainamet.lan        netbios name = SMBSERVERREP2        server role = active directory domain controller       dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes[netlogon]        path
    = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domainname.lan/scripts        read only = No [sysvol]        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol        read only = No I have 

I have three domain controller samba 4.2 under debian jessie. One
    that creates the domain forest and two replication. But when I
    simulate a failover on the first machine, the replication servers are
    not able to provide information about domain members to linux
    clients. So there I try to add a linux station with my first server
    stop. But he sent me this error. samba-tool domain join
    domainename.lan -U"IDOMAINENAME\administrator"Password for [IDOMAINNAME\administrator]:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line
    898, in secretsdb_self_join msg["priorWhenChanged"] = [res[0]["whenChanged"][0]]KeyError: 'No such element'Segmentation
    faultEven using the command "net ads join administrator" I have an
    error updating the DNS.

net ads join -U AdministratorEnter Administrator's password:Using
    short domain name -- DOMAINNAMEJoined 'SMBCLIENT' to dns domain 'domainname.lan'DNS update failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL But if I
    jump to a post while the first DC is on I have no error. I would like
    to solve this problem. Thank you for your help.

OK try setting /etc/resolv.conf on the client to this:

search domainamet.lan
    nameserver <IP of first DC>
    nameserver <IP of second DC>
    nameserver <IP of third DC>
    options timeout:1 attempts:2 rotate

See 'man resolv.conf' for what the last line does.

Is there any chance you could use a different e-mail client, it is very
    hard to follow your posts.

Rowland

--
    To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Keshia_lesly_diana_Etsik=@21:1/5 to samba@lists.samba.org on Tue Mar 14 16:00:03 2017
    I have all this entry in te resolv.conf of the client but i didn't work.

Le Mardi 14 mars 2017 12h18, Rowland Penny via samba <samba@lists.samba.org> a écrit :

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:48:25 +0000 (UTC)
    Keshia lesly diana Etsiké malam via samba <samba@lists.samba.org> wrote:

This is the configuration of smb.conf of  the DC is  Global parameters[global]        workgroup = DOMAINNAME        realm = domainamet.lan        netbios name = SMBSERVERREP2        server role = active directory domain controller       dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes[netlogon]        path
    = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domainname.lan/scripts        read only = No [sysvol]        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol        read only = No I have 

I have three domain controller samba 4.2 under debian jessie. One
    that creates the domain forest and two replication. But when I
    simulate a failover on the first machine, the replication servers are
    not able to provide information about domain members to linux
    clients. So there I try to add a linux station with my first server
    stop. But he sent me this error. samba-tool domain join
    domainename.lan -U"IDOMAINENAME\administrator"Password for [IDOMAINNAME\administrator]:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line
    898, in secretsdb_self_join msg["priorWhenChanged"] = [res[0]["whenChanged"][0]]KeyError: 'No such element'Segmentation
    faultEven using the command "net ads join administrator" I have an
    error updating the DNS.

net ads join -U AdministratorEnter Administrator's password:Using
    short domain name -- DOMAINNAMEJoined 'SMBCLIENT' to dns domain 'domainname.lan'DNS update failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL But if I
    jump to a post while the first DC is on I have no error. I would like
    to solve this problem. Thank you for your help.

OK try setting /etc/resolv.conf on the client to this:

search domainamet.lan
    nameserver <IP of first DC>
    nameserver <IP of second DC>
    nameserver <IP of third DC>
    options timeout:1 attempts:2 rotate

See 'man resolv.conf' for what the last line does.

Is there any chance you could use a different e-mail client, it is very
    hard to follow your posts.

Rowland

--
    To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05