• Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: java-vm-2.eclass eapi 8 support

From Sam James@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 27 17:00:01 2021
    On 27 Nov 2021, at 09:54, Miroslav Ć ulc <fordfrog@gentoo.org> wrote:

hello devs,

please find attached patch for upgrade of java-vm-2.eclass to support eapi 8. eapi 5 is not used by any package inheriting this eclass so i dropped it.

i also attach update of the ebuilds of packages that use this eclass and can be updated to eapi 8 (dev-java/icedtea can't atm, it also inherits another java eclass that does not support eapi 8 yet, and dev-java/gcj-jdk is masked in profiles/releases/17.
    0/package.mask). all works fine except dev-java/openjdk (all slots) where the configuration phase fails or does not finish correctly. all those packages merge fine with eapi 6 (in-tree ebuilds).

openjdk:8 - configuration finishes but no configuration file is created (and hence compilation fails) as during the configuration phase it complains with this:
    configure: error: Could not find freetype!

openjdk:11 and openjdk:17 - configuration fails with this error (i was told by sam it is a known bug):
    configure: error: unrecognized options: --disable-static

When b.g.o is back, let's make sure we update the existing bug about it / file a new one.

i'd like to merge the patches asap (except the broken openjdk) so please let me know if you find anything that could be improved or all's ok.

lgtm. I'd send with git send-email in future to ease review.

I don't see a point in nitpicking the Java eclasses right now, especially as we might be looking at future improvements anyway for how we handle deps.

Thanks for doing this!

Best,
    sam

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQGTBAEBCgB9FiEEYOpPv/uDUzOcqtTy9JIoEO6gSDsFAmGiVZhfFIAAAAAALgAo aXNzdWVyLWZwckBub3RhdGlvbnMub3BlbnBncC5maWZ0aGhvcnNlbWFuLm5ldDYw RUE0RkJGRkI4MzUzMzM5Q0FBRDRGMkY0OTIyODEwRUVBMDQ4M0IACgkQ9JIoEO6g SDtXDgf8DjcKVOrPKgX6dWsXN4R4r8Qc5kUobu00tIkIJdSPS8c/2xSHV7kdkuKb 6kYUXVsa94jIwX567BascrBBDytt3Wwp/GYJyvvDHO/NAKm7RHLCJ3a4IhzINiT9 Zsnpey7nQ7VCSDQCCaBcNywPUv60U99miulqqMM6duOrrifh2PqWZKdNC5rV60mp inACfaqlr6m9tu1AFxYM8KQfPZXllmlTsBzLw8jf5Dze8nbjgbzjcwUGnFU5na7f xbZqT0/3H9uUyJZ/xpQlHMfhUEII4PsFJYXcBp1TMQL3REcQG+mnI8EFnlWtxB1s +nJTB1/T7o6hBgVMPGUA54UxoVOtXA==
    =SbVh
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)