• [gentoo-user] portage ignores -drafts flag set in /etc/portage/package.

From gevisz@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 6 12:20:01 2023
    After running the following command to update my Gentoo:
    # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=120
    --verbose-conflicts --ask world

portage reported the following:

The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:
    (see "package.use" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
    # required by dev-python/pyzmq-25.0.2::gentoo[-test]
    # required by dev-python/qtconsole-5.4.0::gentoo
    # required by dev-python/ipython-8.12.0::gentoo[qt5]
    # required by dev-python/ipyparallel-8.4.1::gentoo
    =net-libs/zeromq-4.3.4-r1 -drafts

I have set this in /etc/portage/package.use/ipython file.
    However, after running the command
    once again, portage reports the same message again and refuses to proceed.

I even allowed it to write to a file in the package.use directory itself,
    which it did creating a new file there.
    However, after running the command
    it again reports the same message:

The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:
    (see "package.use" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
    # required by dev-python/pyzmq-25.0.2::gentoo[-test]
    # required by dev-python/qtconsole-5.4.0::gentoo
    # required by dev-python/ipython-8.12.0::gentoo[qt5]
    # required by dev-python/ipyparallel-8.4.1::gentoo
    =net-libs/zeromq-4.3.4-r1 -drafts

Trying to run the command
    # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=120 --newuse --verbose-conflicts --ask world
    does not change much as well.

I have also tried to recompile the package zeromq with the command
    # emerge -1 zeromq
    As the result the package has been recompiled but with the same +drafts use flag.

<div dir="ltr"><div>After running the following command to update my Gentoo:</div><div># emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=120  --verbose-conflicts --ask world</div><div><br></div><div>portage reported the following:</div><div><br></div><
    The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:<br> (see &quot;package.use&quot; in the portage(5) man page for more details)<br># required by dev-python/pyzmq-25.0.2::gentoo[-test]<br># required by dev-python/qtconsole-5.4.0::gentoo<br>#
    required by dev-python/ipython-8.12.0::gentoo[qt5]<br># required by dev-python/ipyparallel-8.4.1::gentoo<br>&gt;=net-libs/zeromq-4.3.4-r1 -drafts</div><div><br></div><div>I have set this in /etc/portage/package.use/ipython file.</div><div>However, after
    running the command</div><div><div># emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=120  --verbose-conflicts --ask world</div><div>once again, portage reports the same message again and refuses to proceed.</div><div><br></div><div>I even allowed it
    to write to a file in the package.use directory itself, which it did creating a new file there.</div><div>However, after running the command</div><div># emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=120  --verbose-conflicts --ask world</div><div>it
    again reports the same message:</div><div><br></div><div><div>The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:<br> (see &quot;package.use&quot; in the portage(5) man page for more details)<br># required by dev-python/pyzmq-25.0.2::gentoo[-test]<br>#
    required by dev-python/qtconsole-5.4.0::gentoo<br># required by dev-python/ipython-8.12.0::gentoo[qt5]<br># required by dev-python/ipyparallel-8.4.1::gentoo<br>&gt;=net-libs/zeromq-4.3.4-r1 -drafts</div><div><br></div><div>Trying to run the command</div><
    # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=120  --newuse --verbose-conflicts --ask world</div><div>does not change much as well.</div><div><br></div><div>I have also tried to recompile the package zeromq with the command</div><div># emerge -
    1 zeromq</div><div>As the result the package has been recompiled but with the same +drafts use flag.<br></div></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)