• sid ppc64 port systemd is broken on PowerMac G5 right now

From H@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 1 23:10:02 2022
    If you apt update && apt upgrade, or worse, try to install debian with a NETINST image, by default you will be left in a broken system, complaining about some systemd service being unable to start. To make it worse, systemd-journald is one of the components that is broken so it is a
    struggle to get any logs at all.

I can not test other hardware platforms but be cautious when you upgrade systemd.

<div dir="ltr"><div>If you apt update &amp;&amp; apt upgrade, or worse, try to install debian with a NETINST image, by default you will be left in a broken system, complaining about some systemd service being unable to start. To make it worse, systemd-
    journald is one of the components that is broken so it is a struggle to get any logs at all.</div><div><br></div><div>I can not test other hardware platforms but be cautious when you upgrade systemd.<br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 1 23:30:02 2022
    Hello!

On 2/1/22 22:47, H wrote:
    If you apt update && apt upgrade, or worse, try to install debian with a NETINST
    image, by default you will be left in a broken system, complaining about some systemd service being unable to start. To make it worse, systemd-journald is one
    of the components that is broken so it is a struggle to get any logs at all.

Which service is it that is failing? Normally you will be dropped to an emergency
    shell where you can type:

# journalctl -xn $service

Adrian

--
    .''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
    : :' : Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org
    `. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
    `- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 1 23:40:02 2022
    On 2/1/22 23:11, H wrote:
    Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less important stuff. And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start, journalctl -xn $service is empty for any services.

It's a bit difficult to say what's wrong without any error messages. The cause might be unrelated to systemd and it's just the part of the system where the problem shows.

Maybe problems with the filesystem or hardware?

I have not observed any systemd issues on my PowerPC machines yet, but I will run a test installation tomorrow.

Adrian

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From H@21:1/5 to glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de on Tue Feb 1 23:40:02 2022
    Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less important stuff.
    And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start, journalctl
    -xn $service is empty for any services.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:09 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz < glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hello!

On 2/1/22 22:47, H wrote:
    If you apt update && apt upgrade, or worse, try to install debian with a
    NETINST
    image, by default you will be left in a broken system, complaining about
    some
    systemd service being unable to start. To make it worse,
    systemd-journald is one
    of the components that is broken so it is a struggle to get any logs at
    all.

Which service is it that is failing? Normally you will be dropped to an emergency
    shell where you can type:

# journalctl -xn $service

Adrian

--

<div dir="ltr"><div>Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less important stuff.</div><div>And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start, journalctl -xn $service is empty for any services.<font color="#888888"><br></
    font></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:09 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;<a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote
    class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hello!<br>

On 2/1/22 22:47, H wrote:<br>
    &gt; If you apt update &amp;&amp; apt upgrade, or worse, try to install debian with a NETINST<br>
    &gt; image, by default you will be left in a broken system, complaining about some<br>
    &gt; systemd service being unable to start. To make it worse, systemd-journald is one<br>
    &gt; of the components that is broken so it is a struggle to get any logs at all.<br>

Which service is it that is failing? Normally you will be dropped to an emergency<br>
    shell where you can type:<br>

# journalctl -xn $service<br>

Adrian<br>

-- <br>
     .&#39;&#39;`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz<br>
    : :&#39; :  Debian Developer - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@debian.org" target="_blank">glaubitz@debian.org</a><br>
    `. `&#39;   Freie Universitaet Berlin - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de" target="_blank">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a><br>
      `-    GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546  0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913<br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Cameron MacPherson@21:1/5 to glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de on Wed Feb 2 00:20:01 2022
    hi,

on my system i get
    systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, core dump failed (child 210, code=killed, status=6/ABRT)

prior to rebooting there were messages about journald not starting. i will
    see if i can go back to an older version of systemd.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:33 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz < glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less important stuff. And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start, journalctl -xn $service is empty for any services.

It's a bit difficult to say what's wrong without any error messages. The cause
    might be unrelated to systemd and it's just the part of the system where
    the
    problem shows.

I have not observed any systemd issues on my PowerPC machines yet, but I
    will
    run a test installation tomorrow.

Adrian

--

<div dir="ltr"><div>hi,</div><div><br></div><div>on my system i get</div><div>systemd[1]: Caught &lt;ABRT&gt;, core dump failed (child 210, code=killed, status=6/ABRT)</div><div><br></div><div>prior to rebooting there were messages about journald not
    starting.  i will see if i can go back to an older version of systemd.</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:33 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;<a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de">
    glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 2/1/22 23:11, H wrote:<br>
    &gt; Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less important<br>
    &gt; stuff. And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start,<br> &gt; journalctl -xn $service is empty for any services.<br>

It&#39;s a bit difficult to say what&#39;s wrong without any error messages. The cause<br>
    might be unrelated to systemd and it&#39;s just the part of the system where the<br>
    problem shows.<br>

Maybe problems with the filesystem or hardware?<br>

I have not observed any systemd issues on my PowerPC machines yet, but I will<br>
    run a test installation tomorrow.<br>

Adrian<br>

-- <br>
    : :&#39; :  Debian Developer - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@debian.org" target="_blank">glaubitz@debian.org</a><br>
    `. `&#39;   Freie Universitaet Berlin - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de" target="_blank">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a><br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From H@21:1/5 to glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de on Wed Feb 2 00:30:01 2022
    Hi John,

FWIW, A little bit information that might be helpful:

I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error
    message to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl
    still does not work (empty for all services).
    But the journald seemed started logging to /var/log/syslog.
    When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error message:
    /lib/systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.

The file exists, clearly this is a broken binary from the port.
    The filesystem is ext4.

Thanks,
    Hao

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz < glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

It's a bit difficult to say what's wrong without any error messages. The cause
    the
    problem shows.

will

Adrian

--

<div dir="ltr"><div>Hi John,</div><div><br></div><div>FWIW, A little bit information that might be helpful:</div><div><br></div><div>I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error message to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl
    output. Actually journalctl still does not work (empty for all services).</div><div>But the journald seemed started logging to /var/log/syslog.<br></div><div>When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error message:</div><div>/lib/
    systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.</div><div><br></div><div>The file exists, clearly this is a broken binary from the port.<br></div><div></div><div>The
    filesystem is ext4.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Hao<br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;<a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de">
    glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 2/1/22 23:11, H wrote:<br>
    &gt; Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less important<br>
    &gt; stuff. And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start,<br> &gt; journalctl -xn $service is empty for any services.<br>

It&#39;s a bit difficult to say what&#39;s wrong without any error messages. The cause<br>
    might be unrelated to systemd and it&#39;s just the part of the system where the<br>
    problem shows.<br>

I have not observed any systemd issues on my PowerPC machines yet, but I will<br>

Adrian<br>

-- <br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Cameron MacPherson@21:1/5 to snullp@gmail.com on Wed Feb 2 01:40:01 2022
    i got the ppc64 version 250.3-1 of libnss-systemd libpam-systemd
    libsystemd0 systemd-timesync and systemd from snapshot.debian.org and
    installed them with dpkg -i and the system boots again

after apt upgrade to 250.3-2 on reboot the machine halts before it restarts systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, dumped core as pid 1293.
    systemd [1]: Freezing execution.

after reboot same failure except with core dump failed

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022, 3:27 PM H <snullp@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,

I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error message to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl still does not work (empty for all services).
    When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error message:
    /lib/systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.

The filesystem is ext4.

Thanks,
    Hao

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz < glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less
    important
    stuff. And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start,
    journalctl -xn $service is empty for any services.

It's a bit difficult to say what's wrong without any error messages. The
    cause
    the
    problem shows.

will

Adrian

--

<div dir="auto">i got the ppc64 version 250.3-1 of libnss-systemd libpam-systemd libsystemd0 systemd-timesync and systemd from <a href="http://snapshot.debian.org">snapshot.debian.org</a> and installed them with dpkg -i and the system boots again<div dir=
    "auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">after apt upgrade to 250.3-2 on reboot the machine halts before it restarts</div><div dir="auto">systemd[1]: Caught &lt;ABRT&gt;, dumped core as pid 1293.</div><div dir="auto">systemd [1]: Freezing execution.</div><div
    dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">after reboot same failure except with core dump failed</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 1, 2022, 3:27 PM H &lt;<a href="mailto:snullp@gmail.com">snullp@gmail.com</a>
    &gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div>Hi John,</div><div><br></div><div>FWIW, A little bit information that might be helpful:</div><div><br></div><
    I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error message to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl still does not work (empty for all services).</div><div>But the journald seemed started logging to /var/
    log/syslog.<br></div><div>When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error message:</div><div>/lib/systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.</
    <div><br></div><div>The file exists, clearly this is a broken binary from the port.<br></div><div></div><div>The filesystem is ext4.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Hao<br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="
    gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;<a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px
    0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 2/1/22 23:11, H wrote:<br>

problem shows.<br>

Adrian<br>

-- <br>
    : :&#39; :  Debian Developer - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@debian.org" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">glaubitz@debian.org</a><br>
    `. `&#39;   Freie Universitaet Berlin - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a><br>

</blockquote></div>
    </blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From H@21:1/5 to cameron.macpherson@gmail.com on Wed Feb 2 02:20:01 2022
    Thanks!
    Switching apt source to http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20220119T020551Z/ saved me.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 4:15 PM Cameron MacPherson < cameron.macpherson@gmail.com> wrote:

i got the ppc64 version 250.3-1 of libnss-systemd libpam-systemd
    libsystemd0 systemd-timesync and systemd from snapshot.debian.org and installed them with dpkg -i and the system boots again

after apt upgrade to 250.3-2 on reboot the machine halts before it restarts systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, dumped core as pid 1293.
    systemd [1]: Freezing execution.

after reboot same failure except with core dump failed

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022, 3:27 PM H <snullp@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,

message to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl
    still does not work (empty for all services).
    When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error
    /lib/systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries:
    libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.

The filesystem is ext4.

Thanks,
    Hao

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <
    glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Namely, systemd-journald and systemd-logind and some other less
    important
    stuff. And, due to the fact that systemd-journald is unable to start,
    journalctl -xn $service is empty for any services.

It's a bit difficult to say what's wrong without any error messages. The >>> cause
    might be unrelated to systemd and it's just the part of the system where >>> the
    problem shows.

I have not observed any systemd issues on my PowerPC machines yet, but I >>> will

Adrian

--

<div dir="ltr"><div>Thanks!</div><div>Switching apt source to <a href="http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20220119T020551Z/">http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20220119T020551Z/</a> saved me.<br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_
    quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 4:15 PM Cameron MacPherson &lt;<a href="mailto:cameron.macpherson@gmail.com">cameron.macpherson@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.
    8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="auto">i got the ppc64 version 250.3-1 of libnss-systemd libpam-systemd libsystemd0 systemd-timesync and systemd from <a href="http://snapshot.debian.org" target="_blank">snapshot.
    debian.org</a> and installed them with dpkg -i and the system boots again<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">after apt upgrade to 250.3-2 on reboot the machine halts before it restarts</div><div dir="auto">systemd[1]: Caught &lt;ABRT&gt;, dumped
    core as pid 1293.</div><div dir="auto">systemd [1]: Freezing execution.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">after reboot same failure except with core dump failed</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue,
    Feb 1, 2022, 3:27 PM H &lt;<a href="mailto:snullp@gmail.com" target="_blank">snullp@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr">
    <div>Hi John,</div><div><br></div><div>FWIW, A little bit information that might be helpful:</div><div><br></div><div>I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error message to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually
    journalctl still does not work (empty for all services).</div><div>But the journald seemed started logging to /var/log/syslog.<br></div><div>When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error message:</div><div>/lib/systemd/systemd-
    logind: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.</div><div><br></div><div>The file exists, clearly this is a broken binary from the port.<br></div><div></div><div>The filesystem is ext4.</
    <div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Hao<br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;<a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de" rel="noreferrer" target=
    "_blank">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 2/1/22 23:11, H wrote:<br>

problem shows.<br>

Adrian<br>

-- <br>
    : :&#39; :  Debian Developer - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@debian.org" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">glaubitz@debian.org</a><br>
    `. `&#39;   Freie Universitaet Berlin - <a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a><br>

</blockquote></div>
    </blockquote></div>
    </blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to Cameron MacPherson on Wed Feb 2 10:00:01 2022
    Hello!

On 2/1/22 23:59, Cameron MacPherson wrote:
    on my system i get
    systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, core dump failed (child 210, code=killed, status=6/ABRT)

prior to rebooting there were messages about journald not starting. i will see if
    i can go back to an older version of systemd.

That might related to the fact that it was built with a broken version of binutils.

I will trigger a rebuild on the buildds.

Adrian

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 2 10:20:02 2022
    Hello!

On 2/2/22 00:11, H wrote:

I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error message
    to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl still does not
    work (empty for all services).

The filesystem is ext4.

systemd_250.3-2 was built on ppc64 with the broken binutils_2.37.50.20220121-1 [1] which
    is affected by a serious bug that results in broken binaries [2].

I have triggered a rebuild of the systemd package on ppc64 so it gets rebuild with the
    fixed version of binutils. The issue should be fixed by tomorrow once the package has
    been rebuilt and synced onto all mirrors.

Adrian

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=systemd&arch=ppc64&ver=250.3-2&stamp=1643244459&raw=0
    [2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1004272

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 2 19:20:01 2022
    Hello!

On 2/2/22 18:55, H wrote:
    Thank you Adrian!

Try upgrading your machines, it should be fixed now.

Adrian

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From H@21:1/5 to glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de on Wed Feb 2 19:20:01 2022
    Thank you Adrian!

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 1:00 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz < glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hello!

On 2/2/22 00:11, H wrote:

to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl still
    does not
    work (empty for all services).

When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error
    /lib/systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries:
    libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.

The filesystem is ext4.

systemd_250.3-2 was built on ppc64 with the broken binutils_2.37.50.20220121-1 [1] which
    is affected by a serious bug that results in broken binaries [2].

I have triggered a rebuild of the systemd package on ppc64 so it gets
    rebuild with the
    fixed version of binutils. The issue should be fixed by tomorrow once the package has
    been rebuilt and synced onto all mirrors.

Adrian

[1]
    https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=systemd&arch=ppc64&ver=250.3-2&stamp=1643244459&raw=0
    [2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1004272

--

<div dir="ltr"><div>Thank you Adrian!<br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 1:00 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;<a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a>
    &gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hello!<br>

On 2/2/22 00:11, H wrote:<br>
    &gt; FWIW, A little bit information that might be helpful:<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; I started journald manually via /lib/systemd/systemd-journald, no error message<br>
    &gt; to stdout and stderr, nor journalctl output. Actually journalctl still does not<br>
    &gt; work (empty for all services).<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; But the journald seemed started logging to /var/log/syslog.<br>
    &gt; When I try to start logind, /var/log/syslog captures the following error message:<br>
    &gt; /lib/systemd/systemd-logind: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-250.so: failed to map segment from shared object.<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; The file exists, clearly this is a broken binary from the port.<br>
    &gt; The filesystem is ext4.<br>

systemd_250.3-2 was built on ppc64 with the broken binutils_2.37.50.20220121-1 [1] which<br>
    is affected by a serious bug that results in broken binaries [2].<br>

I have triggered a rebuild of the systemd package on ppc64 so it gets rebuild with the<br>
    fixed version of binutils. The issue should be fixed by tomorrow once the package has<br>
    been rebuilt and synced onto all mirrors.<br>

Adrian<br>

&gt; [1] <a href="https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=systemd&amp;arch=ppc64&amp;ver=250.3-2&amp;stamp=1643244459&amp;raw=0" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=systemd&amp;arch=ppc64&amp;ver=250.3-2&
    amp;stamp=1643244459&amp;raw=0</a><br>
    &gt; [2] <a href="https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1004272" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1004272</a><br>

-- <br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Cameron MacPherson@21:1/5 to glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de on Thu Feb 3 04:30:02 2022
    i got the +b1 version of systemd this afternoon and its fixed

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 10:15 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz < glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hello!

On 2/2/22 18:55, H wrote:
    Thank you Adrian!

Try upgrading your machines, it should be fixed now.

Adrian

--

<div dir="ltr">i got the +b1 version of systemd this afternoon and its fixed<br></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 10:15 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;<a href="mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.
    de">glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hello!<br>

On 2/2/22 18:55, H wrote:<br>
    &gt; Thank you Adrian!<br>

Try upgrading your machines, it should be fixed now.<br>

Adrian<br>

-- <br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kristofferfin@tuta.io@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 5 19:00:02 2022
    Thank you very much, it works well now.
    Regards,
    Kristoffer
    --
    Wysłane za pomocą Tutanota, bezpiecznej i wolnej od reklam skrzynki pocztowej.

<html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    </head>
    <body>
    <div>Thank you very much, it works well now.<br></div><div dir="auto">Regards,<br></div><div dir="auto">Kristoffer</div><div><br></div><div>-- <br></div><div> Wysłane za pomocą Tutanota, bezpiecznej i wolnej od reklam skrzynki pocztowej. <br></div> </
    body>
    </html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05