• debian stable & sun4i-a10-cubieboard

From remi@suinot.org@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 13 19:20:02 2022
    Hello all
    Sorry for my poor english.

I try to revive my Cubieboard, by installing Debian on it.
    The cubie is working, I managed to boot with an old distro version and an old kernel.
    Now I have fetched the files from the Debian servers, and followed the readme file for creation:
    zcat firmware.Cubieboard.img.gz partition.img.gz> complete_image.img
    dd if=./complete_image.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

The cubie also starts with this image until the prompt for the choice of language (C or English). At this time, I cannot use the keyboard, it is inoperative.
    However, it works, I can take control of the first seconds of the boot:

U-Boot SPL 2021.10+dfsg-1 (Oct 10 2021 - 04:20:52 +0000)
    DRAM: 1024 MiB
    CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
    Trying to boot from MMC1
    U-Boot 2021.10+dfsg-1 (Oct 10 2021 - 04:20:52 +0000) Allwinner Technology

CPU: Allwinner A10 (SUN4I)
    Model: Cubietech Cubieboard
    I2C: ready
    DRAM: 1 GiB
    MMC: mmc@1c0f000: 0
    Loading Environment from FAT... Unable to read "uboot.env" from mmc0:1... Unknown monitor
    Unknown monitor
    In: serial
    Out: serial
    Err: serial
    Net: eth0: ethernet@1c0b000
    starting USB...
    Bus usb@1c14000: USB EHCI 1.00
    Bus usb@1c14400: USB OHCI 1.0
    Bus usb@1c1c000: USB EHCI 1.00
    Bus usb@1c1c400: USB OHCI 1.0
    scanning bus usb@1c14000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
    scanning bus usb@1c14400 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
    scanning bus usb@1c1c000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
    scanning bus usb@1c1c400 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
    scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
    Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0

printenv

Did I miss a step or forgot to install a file somewhere?

The language selection screen after booting looks like this:

[ (1*installer) 2 shell 3 shell 4- log ][ Jan 01 0:07 ]
    lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqu [!!] Select a language tqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
    x x
    x Choose the language to be used for the installation process. The x
    x selected language will also be the default language for the installed x
    x system. x
    x x
    x Language: x
    x x
    x C x
    x English x
    x x
    x <Go Back> x
    x x
    mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

I admit that I am a little lost.
    Could you please help me?

Thank you.

Rémi.

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /></head><body><div data-html-editor-font-wrapper="true" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Hello all<br>Sorry for my poor english.<br><br>
    I try to revive my Cubieboard, by installing Debian on it.<br>The cubie is working, I managed to boot with an old distro version and an old kernel.<br>Now I have fetched the files from the Debian servers, and followed the readme file for creation:<br>
    zcat firmware.Cubieboard.img.gz partition.img.gz&gt; complete_image.img<br>dd if=./complete_image.img of=/dev/mmcblk0<br><br>The cubie also starts with this image until the prompt for the choice of language (C or English). At this time, I cannot use the
    keyboard, it is inoperative.<br>However, it works, I can take control of the first seconds of the boot:<br><br>U-Boot SPL 2021.10+dfsg-1 (Oct 10 2021 - 04:20:52 +0000)<br>DRAM: 1024 MiB<br>CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2<br>Trying to boot from MMC1<
    <br><br>U-Boot 2021.10+dfsg-1 (Oct 10 2021 - 04:20:52 +0000) Allwinner Technology<br><br>CPU: Allwinner A10 (SUN4I)<br>Model: Cubietech Cubieboard<br>I2C: ready<br>DRAM: 1 GiB<br>MMC: mmc@1c0f000: 0<br>Loading Environment from FAT... Unable to read "
    uboot.env" from mmc0:1... Unknown monitor<br>Unknown monitor<br>In: serial<br>Out: serial<br>Err: serial<br>Net: eth0: ethernet@1c0b000<br>starting USB...<br>Bus usb@1c14000: USB EHCI 1.00<br>Bus usb@1c14400: USB OHCI 1.0<br>Bus usb@1c1c000: USB EHCI 1.
    00<br>Bus usb@1c1c400: USB OHCI 1.0<br>scanning bus usb@1c14000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found<br>scanning bus usb@1c14400 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found<br>scanning bus usb@1c1c000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found<br>scanning bus usb@
    1c1c400 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found<br> scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found<br>Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0<br><br>=&gt; printenv<br>....<br><br>Did I miss a step or forgot to install a file somewhere?<br><br>The
    language selection screen after booting looks like this:<br><br>[ (1*installer) 2 shell 3 shell 4- log ][ Jan 01 0:07 ]<br> <br> <br> <br> lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqu [!!] Select a language tqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk <br> x x <br> x Choose the language to
    be used for the installation process. The x <br> x selected language will also be the default language for the installed x <br> x system. x <br> x x <br> x Language: x <br> x x <br> x C x <br> x English x <br> x x <br> x &lt;Go Back&gt; x <br> x x <br>
    mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj <br><br><span class="VIiyi" jsaction="mouseup:BR6jm" jsname="jqKxS" lang="en"><span jsaction="agoMJf:PFBcW;usxOmf:aWLT7;jhKsnd:P7O7bd,F8DmGf;Q4AGo:Gm7gYd,qAKMYb;uFUCPb:pvnm0e,
    pfE8Hb,PFBcW;f56efd:dJXsye;EnoYf:KNzws,ZJsZZ,JgVSJc;zdMJQc:cCQNKb,ZJsZZ,zchEXc;Ytrrj:JJDvdc;tNR8yc:GeFvjb;oFN6Ye:hij5Wb;bmeZHc:iURhpf;Oxj3Xe:qAKMYb,yaf12d" jsname="txFAF" class="JLqJ4b ChMk0b" data-language-for-alternatives="en" data-language-to-
    translate-into="fr" data-phrase-index="0" data-number-of-phrases="5" jscontroller="Zl5N8" jsdata="uqLsIf;_;$1158" jsmodel="SsMkhd"><span jsaction="click:qtZ4nf,GFf3ac,tMZCfe; contextmenu:Nqw7Te,QP7LD; mouseout:Nqw7Te; mouseover:qtZ4nf,c2aHje" jsname="
    W297wb">I admit that I am a little lost.</span></span><span jsaction="agoMJf:PFBcW;usxOmf:aWLT7;jhKsnd:P7O7bd,F8DmGf;Q4AGo:Gm7gYd,qAKMYb;uFUCPb:pvnm0e,pfE8Hb,PFBcW;f56efd:dJXsye;EnoYf:KNzws,ZJsZZ,JgVSJc;zdMJQc:cCQNKb,ZJsZZ,zchEXc;Ytrrj:JJDvdc;tNR8yc:
    GeFvjb;oFN6Ye:hij5Wb;bmeZHc:iURhpf;Oxj3Xe:qAKMYb,yaf12d" jsname="txFAF" class="JLqJ4b" data-language-for-alternatives="en" data-language-to-translate-into="fr" data-phrase-index="1" data-number-of-phrases="5" jscontroller="Zl5N8" jsdata="uqLsIf;_;$1159"
    jsmodel="SsMkhd"><span jsaction="click:qtZ4nf,GFf3ac,tMZCfe; contextmenu:Nqw7Te,QP7LD; mouseout:Nqw7Te; mouseover:qtZ4nf,c2aHje" jsname="W297wb"> </span></span><br><span jsaction="agoMJf:PFBcW;usxOmf:aWLT7;jhKsnd:P7O7bd,F8DmGf;Q4AGo:Gm7gYd,qAKMYb;uFUCPb:
    pvnm0e,pfE8Hb,PFBcW;f56efd:dJXsye;EnoYf:KNzws,ZJsZZ,JgVSJc;zdMJQc:cCQNKb,ZJsZZ,zchEXc;Ytrrj:JJDvdc;tNR8yc:GeFvjb;oFN6Ye:hij5Wb;bmeZHc:iURhpf;Oxj3Xe:qAKMYb,yaf12d" jsname="txFAF" class="JLqJ4b ChMk0b" data-language-for-alternatives="en" data-language-to-
    translate-into="fr" data-phrase-index="2" data-number-of-phrases="5" jscontroller="Zl5N8" jsdata="uqLsIf;_;$1160" jsmodel="SsMkhd"><span jsaction="click:qtZ4nf,GFf3ac,tMZCfe; contextmenu:Nqw7Te,QP7LD; mouseout:Nqw7Te; mouseover:qtZ4nf,c2aHje" jsname="
    W297wb">Could you please help me?</span></span><span jsaction="agoMJf:PFBcW;usxOmf:aWLT7;jhKsnd:P7O7bd,F8DmGf;Q4AGo:Gm7gYd,qAKMYb;uFUCPb:pvnm0e,pfE8Hb,PFBcW;f56efd:dJXsye;EnoYf:KNzws,ZJsZZ,JgVSJc;zdMJQc:cCQNKb,ZJsZZ,zchEXc;Ytrrj:JJDvdc;tNR8yc:GeFvjb;
    oFN6Ye:hij5Wb;bmeZHc:iURhpf;Oxj3Xe:qAKMYb,yaf12d" jsname="txFAF" class="JLqJ4b" data-language-for-alternatives="en" data-language-to-translate-into="fr" data-phrase-index="3" data-number-of-phrases="5" jscontroller="Zl5N8" jsdata="uqLsIf;_;$1161" jsmodel=
    "SsMkhd"><span jsaction="click:qtZ4nf,GFf3ac,tMZCfe; contextmenu:Nqw7Te,QP7LD; mouseout:Nqw7Te; mouseover:qtZ4nf,c2aHje" jsname="W297wb"> </span></span><br><br><span jsaction="agoMJf:PFBcW;usxOmf:aWLT7;jhKsnd:P7O7bd,F8DmGf;Q4AGo:Gm7gYd,qAKMYb;uFUCPb:
    pvnm0e,pfE8Hb,PFBcW;f56efd:dJXsye;EnoYf:KNzws,ZJsZZ,JgVSJc;zdMJQc:cCQNKb,ZJsZZ,zchEXc;Ytrrj:JJDvdc;tNR8yc:GeFvjb;oFN6Ye:hij5Wb;bmeZHc:iURhpf;Oxj3Xe:qAKMYb,yaf12d" jsname="txFAF" class="JLqJ4b ChMk0b" data-language-for-alternatives="en" data-language-to-
    translate-into="fr" data-phrase-index="4" data-number-of-phrases="5" jscontroller="Zl5N8" jsdata="uqLsIf;_;$1162" jsmodel="SsMkhd"><span jsaction="click:qtZ4nf,GFf3ac,tMZCfe; contextmenu:Nqw7Te,QP7LD; mouseout:Nqw7Te; mouseover:qtZ4nf,c2aHje" jsname="
    W297wb">Thank you.</span></span></span><br><br>Rémi.<br><br><br><br><br><signature></signature></div></body></html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)