• Small Installation Image - Installed

From Macauley Clark@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 22 18:30:01 2023
    Hello,

I hope this email finds you well, I have installed Debian 11 on my HPE
    server and have tried to access it using SSH but found that SSH isn't an included package, from what I read.

I don't particularly want to have to install Debian 11 again because the binaries had to be uploaded by the Datacenter who hosts my hardware.

Anything you can suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks,

<div dir="ltr">Hello,<div><br></div><div>I hope this email finds you well, I have installed Debian 11 on my HPE server and have tried to access it using SSH but found that SSH isn&#39;t an included package, from what I read.</div><div><br></div><div>I
    don&#39;t particularly want to have to install Debian 11 again because the binaries had to be uploaded by the Datacenter who hosts my hardware.</div><div><br></div><div>Anything you can suggest would be appreciated.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><
    /div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jeremy Hendricks@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 22 18:40:01 2023
    You’ll have to connect to the server directly and run: sudo apt install openssh-server

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 1:26 PM Macauley Clark <macauleyclark24@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

server and have tried to access it using SSH but found that SSH isn't an included package, from what I read.

I don't particularly want to have to install Debian 11 again because the binaries had to be uploaded by the Datacenter who hosts my hardware.

Thanks,

<div dir="auto">You’ll have to connect to the server directly and run: sudo apt install openssh-server</div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 1:26 PM Macauley Clark &lt;<a href="mailto:
    macauleyclark24@gmail.com">macauleyclark24@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr">Hello,<div><br></div><div>I hope this email finds you well,
    I have installed Debian 11 on my HPE server and have tried to access it using SSH but found that SSH isn&#39;t an included package, from what I read.</div><div><br></div><div>I don&#39;t particularly want to have to install Debian 11 again because the
    binaries had to be uploaded by the Datacenter who hosts my hardware.</div><div><br></div><div>Anything you can suggest would be appreciated.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div></div>
    </blockquote></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From fh@dnsbed.com@21:1/5 to Macauley Clark on Wed Mar 22 21:00:02 2023
    VNC? which would let you have the chance to install SSH server.

On 2023-03-23 01:25, Macauley Clark wrote:
    Hello,

server and have tried to access it using SSH but found that SSH isn't
    an
    included package, from what I read.

I don't particularly want to have to install Debian 11 again because
    the
    binaries had to be uploaded by the Datacenter who hosts my hardware.

Thanks,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Christensen@21:1/5 to Macauley Clark on Thu Mar 23 00:40:01 2023
    On 3/22/23 10:25, Macauley Clark wrote:
    Hello,

Thanks,

When running the Debian installer, on the screen "Choose software", make
    sure the following choices are selected:

SSH server
    standard system utilities

David

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05