• kalarm not working

From Van Snyder@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 16 00:30:01 2023
    I had been using Debian 10 until I took some advice that I shouldn't
    have, and upgraded one thing. That triggered a bunch more upgrades,
    until too many things stopped working. So I reinstalled Debian 10
    (waiting a while to see how 12 works out).

Now, in the new Debian 10 install Kalarm isn't working, and the author
    doesn't respond.

Kalarm says it failed to append an item when I try to import my saved
    calendar.

There are eleven akonadi_kalarm_resource processes running, three ~/.,kde/share/config/akonadi_kalarm__resource* files, and five ~/.local/share/akonadi_kalarm_resrouce* directories with hundreds of calendar.ics-* files.

Any ideas how to get kalarm working, and reduce the number of akonadi
    files and directories?

<html dir="ltr"><head></head><body style="text-align:left; direction:ltr;"><div>I had been using Debian 10 until I took some advice that I shouldn't have, and upgraded one thing. That triggered a bunch more upgrades, until too many things stopped working.
    So I reinstalled Debian 10 (waiting a while to see how 12 works out).</div><div><br></div><div>Now, in the new Debian 10 install Kalarm isn't working, and the author doesn't respond.</div><div><br></div><div>Kalarm says it failed to append an item when
    I try to import my saved calendar.</div><div><br></div><div>There are eleven akonadi_kalarm_resource processes running, three ~/.,kde/share/config/akonadi_kalarm__resource* files, and five ~/.local/share/akonadi_kalarm_resrouce* directories with hundreds
    of calendar.ics-* files.</div><div><br></div><div>Any ideas how to get kalarm working, and reduce the number of akonadi files and directories?</div><div><br></div></body></html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)