• =?US-ASCII?Q?Re=3A_Do_we_want_to_Handle_Secret_Ball?= =?US-ASCII?Q?ots_

From =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pierre-Elliott_B=E9c@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 10 07:50:01 2021
    ------AP6HNVVC1HZSWCPPGUM9Y92HZK1C63
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Le 10 novembre 2021 04:08:58 GMT+01:00, Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> a écrit :
    Pierre-Elliott Bécue <peb@debian.org> writes:

Then, we realized that we could probably add Secret voting (if it felt
    right to everyone) as the discussion on Russ' proposal didn't go in a
    too consuming spiral.

Perahaps this exposes a distinction between those of you who have spent
    a lot of time thinking about these issues recently and feel that they
    all more or less are part of the same whole, and others of us who are
    trying to follow along relatively casually knowing we'll be asked to
    vote at some point?

I'm pretty confident we can collectively figure out how to vote
    meaningfully in either case, but I'd personally prefer to see secret
    voting treated as a separate GR with opportunities for significant
    consensus building before a vote is called.

Bdale

I'm quite haépy to handle secret voting in another GR. :)
    --
    Pierre-Elliott Bécue
    From my phone
    ------AP6HNVVC1HZSWCPPGUM9Y92HZK1C63
    Content-Type: text/html;
    charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class="gmail_quote">Le 10 novembre 2021 04:08:58 GMT+01:00, Bdale Garbee &lt;bdale@gag.com&gt; a écrit :<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-
    left: 1ex;">
    <pre dir="auto" class="k9mail">Pierre-Elliott Bécue &lt;peb@debian.org&gt; writes:<br><br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 1ex 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid #729fcf; padding-left: 1ex;">Then, we realized that we could probably add
    Secret voting (if it felt<br>right to everyone) as the discussion on Russ' proposal didn't go in a<br>too consuming spiral.<br></blockquote><br>Perahaps this exposes a distinction between those of you who have spent<br>a lot of time thinking about these
    issues recently and feel that they<br>all more or less are part of the same whole, and others of us who are<br>trying to follow along relatively casually knowing we'll be asked to <br>vote at some point?<br><br>I'm pretty confident we can collectively
    figure out how to vote<br>meaningfully in either case, but I'd personally prefer to see secret<br>voting treated as a separate GR with opportunities for significant<br>consensus building before a vote is called.<br><br>Bdale<br></pre></blockquote></div><
    br clear="all">I'm quite haépy to handle secret voting in another GR. :) <div style='white-space: pre-wrap'>--<br>Pierre-Elliott Bécue<br>From my phone</div></body></html>
    ------AP6HNVVC1HZSWCPPGUM9Y92HZK1C63--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)