• Proposal to take the discussion elsewhere Re: opinion on Choice 1

From Ulrike Uhlig@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 6 13:00:03 2021
    Hi peb,

I think it's time to stop this thread here and now.

If people want to discuss factually, and empathically if it's helpful
    for the project to make certain lists read-only for non Debian members,
    I think that's a valuable discussion to have, but not here (better on
    -private or on -project).

Yes, there are multiple things on this entire mailing list that me too,
    I would like to reply to, but I have other things to do and it will just
    end up in more and more and more emails with a less and less and less
    friendly tone - and no actual outcomes that will make the project
    progress and grow. Maybe those would be desirable goals to keep in mind
    when posting.

Thanks,
    Ulrike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pierre-Elliott_B=E9c@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 6 13:50:01 2021
    ------KQM876WPPRUC08BIQ4BX58JEM9DT3T
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Le 6 avril 2021 12:50:59 GMT+02:00, Ulrike Uhlig <ulrike@debian.org> a écrit :
    Hi peb,

I think it's time to stop this thread here and now.

If people want to discuss factually, and empathically if it's helpful
    for the project to make certain lists read-only for non Debian members,
    I think that's a valuable discussion to have, but not here (better on >-private or on -project).

Yes, there are multiple things on this entire mailing list that me too,
    I would like to reply to, but I have other things to do and it will just
    end up in more and more and more emails with a less and less and less >friendly tone - and no actual outcomes that will make the project
    progress and grow. Maybe those would be desirable goals to keep in mind
    when posting.

Thanks,
    Ulrike

Hey Ulrike,

I don't have the impression that my way of expressing myself became less friendly over the time but I could be wrong. If so please don't hesitate to tell me, maybe privately.

But I understand and agree with your point : we indeed have better places to discuss that. And actually it can wait for the RMS GR to be over and the tension having lowered.

Sorry for the noise and for reaching out ! :)

Cheers,
    --
    Pierre-Elliott Bécue
    From my phone
    ------KQM876WPPRUC08BIQ4BX58JEM9DT3T
    Content-Type: text/html;
    charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class="gmail_quote">Le 6 avril 2021 12:50:59 GMT+02:00, Ulrike Uhlig &lt;ulrike@debian.org&gt; a écrit :<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-
    left: 1ex;">
    <pre dir="auto" class="k9mail">Hi peb,<br><br>I think it's time to stop this thread here and now.<br><br>If people want to discuss factually, and empathically if it's helpful <br>for the project to make certain lists read-only for non Debian members, <br>
    I think that's a valuable discussion to have, but not here (better on <br>-private or on -project).<br><br>Yes, there are multiple things on this entire mailing list that me too, <br>I would like to reply to, but I have other things to do and it will
    just <br>end up in more and more and more emails with a less and less and less <br>friendly tone - and no actual outcomes that will make the project <br>progress and grow. Maybe those would be desirable goals to keep in mind <br>when posting.<br><br>
    Thanks,<br>Ulrike<br><br></pre></blockquote></div><br clear="all">Hey Ulrike, <br><br>I don't have the impression that my way of expressing myself became less friendly over the time but I could be wrong. If so please don't hesitate to tell me, maybe
    privately. <br><br>But I understand and agree with your point : we indeed have better places to discuss that. And actually it can wait for the RMS GR to be over and the tension having lowered.<br><br>Sorry for the noise and for reaching out ! :) <br><br>
    Cheers,<br>--<br>Pierre-Elliott Bécue<br>From my phone</body></html> ------KQM876WPPRUC08BIQ4BX58JEM9DT3T--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)