• Error in the Debian archive.

From Mike Hosken@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 31 05:50:01 2021
    Hi,

I’ve tried a number of emails to get this fixed and have had zero response from the alpha or the ftp master at debian ports over the last 3 months.

I’m trying to mirror the debian ports repo as the connection speed is dreadful where I live to the main repos. It always fails to sync correctly due to an error with an alpha package that either needs removed or rebuilt. Any help with this would be
    very much appreciated as I’ve had zero luck getting it resolved elsewhere.

rsync: send_files failed to open "pool-alpha/main/b/bustle/.bustle_0.4.8-1_alpha.deb.xRxejE" (in debian-ports): Permission denied (13)

Mike Hosken
    Sent via my iPhone

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to Mike Hosken on Fri Dec 31 09:40:02 2021
    Hello Mike!

On 12/31/21 05:21, Mike Hosken wrote:
    I’ve tried a number of emails to get this fixed and have had zero response from the alpha or the ftp master at debian ports over the last 3 months.

You most likely used outdated email addresses then. There is no "alpha master" anymore, so I'm not sure what email address you used.

I’m trying to mirror the debian ports repo as the connection speed is dreadful
    where I live to the main repos. It always fails to sync correctly due to an error
    with an alpha package that either needs removed or rebuilt. Any help with this
    would be very much appreciated as I’ve had zero luck getting it resolved elsewhere.

rsync: send_files failed to open "pool-alpha/main/b/bustle/.bustle_0.4.8-1_alpha.deb.xRxejE" (in debian-ports): Permission denied (13)

Did you try syncing the repo with reprepro? I just checked the permissions on one
    of the Debian mirrors and they seem to be fine:

glaubitz@casulana:/srv/mirrors/debian-ports/pool-alpha/main/b/bustle$ ls -l total 4340
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 14889 Oct 7 18:03 bustle_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.buildinfo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 4365736 Oct 7 18:03 bustle_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 17216 Oct 7 18:03 bustle-pcap_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 39720 Oct 7 18:03 bustle-pcap-dbgsym_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb
    glaubitz@casulana:/srv/mirrors/debian-ports/pool-alpha/main/b/bustle$

Adrian

--
    .''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
    : :' : Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org
    `. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
    `- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Hosken@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 31 10:50:01 2021
    --Apple-Mail-8F268ACA-4529-4A30-905E-37C6F36AE0CE
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Adrian,

Happy New Year,

I sent an email to alpha@buildd.debian.org back in August I think.

I haven’t tried reprepro as it doesn’t meet my needs, having a signed repo etc.

What is happening with ftpsync is it gets an error on the first pass and the fails to do the second, leaving out the packages.gz etc. I’ve been through ftpsync and have tried several options to no success. I deleted the ports repo and have started a
    fresh version of it.

Log files for ftpsync can be found at https://linux.purple-cat.net/log/

ftpsync works perfectly with the main Debian repo.

I suspect that it’s a file system error that has been synced with the other mirrors. I’ve come across a similar error before with hppa and Helge rebuilt the packages that were affected and it went away. I’m not sure if that’s the case here though.
    I do know that it’s been there for over a year now. I started setting up a mirror server for debian ports a year ago with this error, it was only in August when I put a new mirror server I online that it became an issue. I’ve been trying to resolve
    it since.

All the ports mirrors function as expected with this error so it doesn’t effect them directly it’s only syncing from them that you run into this issue. I suspect that they are syncing using trigger updates.

Any help with this issue would be very appreciated.

Mike Hosken
    Sent via my iPhone

On 31/12/2021, at 21:35, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hello Mike!

On 12/31/21 05:21, Mike Hosken wrote:
    I’ve tried a number of emails to get this fixed and have had zero response >> from the alpha or the ftp master at debian ports over the last 3 months.

You most likely used outdated email addresses then. There is no "alpha master"
    anymore, so I'm not sure what email address you used.

I’m trying to mirror the debian ports repo as the connection speed is dreadful
    where I live to the main repos. It always fails to sync correctly due to an error
    with an alpha package that either needs removed or rebuilt. Any help with this
    would be very much appreciated as I’ve had zero luck getting it resolved elsewhere.

Did you try syncing the repo with reprepro? I just checked the permissions on one
    of the Debian mirrors and they seem to be fine:

glaubitz@casulana:/srv/mirrors/debian-ports/pool-alpha/main/b/bustle$ ls -l total 4340
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 14889 Oct 7 18:03 bustle_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.buildinfo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 4365736 Oct 7 18:03 bustle_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 17216 Oct 7 18:03 bustle-pcap_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 39720 Oct 7 18:03 bustle-pcap-dbgsym_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb
    glaubitz@casulana:/srv/mirrors/debian-ports/pool-alpha/main/b/bustle$

Adrian

--

--Apple-Mail-8F268ACA-4529-4A30-905E-37C6F36AE0CE
    Content-Type: text/html;
    charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto">Hi Adrian,&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Happy New Year,</div><div><br></div><div>I sent an email to&nbsp;<a href="mailto:alpha@buildd.debian.org" style="
    font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;">alpha@buildd.debian.org</a>&nbsp;back in August I think.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>I haven’t tried reprepro as it doesn’t meet my needs, having a signed repo etc.&nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>What is
    happening with ftpsync is it gets an error on the first pass and the fails to do the second, leaving out the packages.gz etc. I’ve been through ftpsync and have tried several options to no success. I deleted the ports repo and have started a fresh
    version of it.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Log files for ftpsync can be found at&nbsp;<a href="https://linux.purple-cat.net/log/">https://linux.purple-cat.net/log/</a></div><div><br></div><div>ftpsync works perfectly with the main Debian repo.&nbsp;</
    <div><br></div><div>I suspect that it’s a file system error that has been synced with the other mirrors. I’ve come across a similar error before with hppa and Helge rebuilt the packages that were affected and it went away. I’m not sure if thatâ€
    ™s the case here though. I do know that it’s been there for over a year now. I started setting up a mirror server for debian ports a year ago with this error, it was only in August when I put a new mirror server I online that it became an issue. I’ve
    been trying to resolve it since.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>All the ports mirrors function as expected with this error so it doesn’t effect them directly it’s only syncing from them that you run into this issue. I suspect that they are syncing
    using trigger updates.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Any help with this issue would be very appreciated.&nbsp;</div><div><br><div dir="ltr">Mike Hosken&nbsp;<div>Sent via my iPhone&nbsp;</div></div><div dir="ltr"><br><blockquote type="cite">On 31/12/
    2021, at 21:35, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz &lt;glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr"><span>Hello Mike!</span><br><span></span><br><span>On 12/31/21 05:21, Mike Hosken wrote:</span><br><
    blockquote type="cite"><span>I’ve tried a number of emails to get this fixed and have had zero response</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>from the alpha or the ftp master at debian ports over the last 3 months.</span><br></blockquote>
    <span></span><br><span>You most likely used outdated email addresses then. There is no "alpha master"</span><br><span>anymore, so I'm not sure what email address you used.</span><br><span></span><br><blockquote type="cite"><span>I’m trying to mirror
    the debian ports repo as the connection speed is dreadful</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>where I live to the main repos. It always fails to sync correctly due to an error</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>with an
    alpha package that either needs removed or rebuilt. Any help with this</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>would be very much appreciated as I’ve had zero luck getting it resolved elsewhere. </span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="
    cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>rsync: send_files failed to open "pool-alpha/main/b/bustle/.bustle_0.4.8-1_alpha.deb.xRxejE" (in debian-ports): Permission denied (13)</span><br></blockquote><span></span><br><span>Did you
    try syncing the repo with reprepro? I just checked the permissions on one</span><br><span>of the Debian mirrors and they seem to be fine:</span><br><span></span><br><span>glaubitz@casulana:/srv/mirrors/debian-ports/pool-alpha/main/b/bustle$ ls -l</span><
    <span>total 4340</span><br><span>-rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync &nbsp;&nbsp;14889 Oct &nbsp;7 18:03 bustle_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.buildinfo</span><br><span>-rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync 4365736 Oct &nbsp;7 18:03 bustle_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb</span><br><
    span>-rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync &nbsp;&nbsp;17216 Oct &nbsp;7 18:03 bustle-pcap_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb</span><br><span>-rw-r--r-- 1 archvsync archvsync &nbsp;&nbsp;39720 Oct &nbsp;7 18:03 bustle-pcap-dbgsym_0.8.0-1+b2_alpha.deb</span><br><span>
    glaubitz@casulana:/srv/mirrors/debian-ports/pool-alpha/main/b/bustle$</span><br><span></span><br><span>Adrian</span><br><span></span><br><span>-- </span><br><span> .''`. &nbsp;John Paul Adrian Glaubitz</span><br><span>: :' : &nbsp;Debian Developer -
    glaubitz@debian.org</span><br><span>`. `' &nbsp;&nbsp;Freie Universitaet Berlin - glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de</span><br><span> &nbsp;`- &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 &nbsp;0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913</span><br><span></span><br></div></
    blockquote></div></body></html> --Apple-Mail-8F268ACA-4529-4A30-905E-37C6F36AE0CE--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to Mike Hosken on Fri Dec 31 11:40:01 2021
    Hi Mike!

On 12/31/21 10:24, Mike Hosken wrote:
    Happy New Year,

Happy New Year!

That address reaches the administrators of the buildd machines, not the Debian FTP
    archive. I also think that there is currently no one behind this address. I may ask Aurelien Jarno to add me to this alias.

I suspect that it’s a file system error that has been synced with the other mirrors.
    I’ve come across a similar error before with hppa and Helge rebuilt the packages that
    were affected and it went away. I’m not sure if that’s the case here though. I do know
    that it’s been there for over a year now. I started setting up a mirror server for debian
    ports a year ago with this error, it was only in August when I put a new mirror server I
    online that it became an issue. I’ve been trying to resolve it since.

What package was it that Helge rebuilt? I can rebuilt bustle, of course, although I think this
    error is rather unusual.

Sure.

Adrian

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kirsten Bromilow@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 31 12:20:01 2021
    Wrong email!!!

Sent from my iPhone

On 31 Dec 2021, at 10:30, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hi Mike!

Happy New Year,

Happy New Year!

That address reaches the administrators of the buildd machines, not the Debian FTP
    archive. I also think that there is currently no one behind this address. I may
    ask Aurelien Jarno to add me to this alias.

I suspect that it’s a file system error that has been synced with the other mirrors.
    I’ve come across a similar error before with hppa and Helge rebuilt the packages that
    were affected and it went away. I’m not sure if that’s the case here though. I do know
    that it’s been there for over a year now. I started setting up a mirror server for debian
    ports a year ago with this error, it was only in August when I put a new mirror server I

What package was it that Helge rebuilt? I can rebuilt bustle, of course, although I think this
    error is rather unusual.

Sure.

Adrian

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Hosken@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 1 03:50:01 2022
    Hi John,

The package name I don’t remember but it had a similar extension to it.

Mike Hosken
    Sent via my iPhone

On 31/12/2021, at 23:30, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hi Mike!

Happy New Year,

Happy New Year!

archive. I also think that there is currently no one behind this address. I may
    ask Aurelien Jarno to add me to this alias.

error is rather unusual.

Sure.

Adrian

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05