• Post-Release Test Results for Debian 10.8 Live KDE i386 on real hardwar

From Linux-Fan@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 7 21:00:02 2021
    This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message. If you see this text, it means that
    your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages.
    The Internet standard for MIME PGP messages, RFC 2015, was published in 1996. To open this message correctly you will need to install E-mail or Usenet software that supports modern Internet standards.

Hello,

yesterday I participated in the testing of release live DVD images for the old i386 architecture.

Unfortunately, I could not test the KDE live image due to getting a black screen (with movable mouse cursor) on the installed as well as live disk. Later, I tried the DVD on another i386 machine and this time the GUI worked. I also tested the Calamares installer and although installation took very long by modern standards :) (~2.5h) it worked successfully. The only (minor) issue I experienced was that during the installation, KDE's lock screen (?) kscreenlocker_greet would sometimes start causing a black screen
    similar to the one experienced before on the other machine. This could be fixed by interactively switching to a VT and killing the kscreenlocker_greet process.

I currently keep my notes of the tests including screenshots at https://masysma.lima-city.de/37/debian_i386_installation_reports.xhtml

Having newly gained access to the Debian Wiki (thanks again :) ), I
    imagine it would make a lot of sense to move all these records to the Wiki? Are there already pages about installation walkthroughs "by screenshots"
    that I could add to? Are there suggestions for the names/paths/structure under which such pages might best be created?

My first idea would be to create a subpage Teams/DebianCD/ReleaseTesting/Buster_r8/1105a and put all the screenshots from that test as well as hardware details there, then create a similar page Teams/DebianCD/ReleaseTesting/Buster_r8/1105c etc. I could link these pages from the overview table at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianCD/ReleaseTesting/Buster_r8
    This is just a basic idea though and I am happy for any better suggestions
    or comments.

Thanks in advance
    Linux-Fan

ΓΆΓΆ

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAABCgAdFiEEkKMBOo1F/f2B6jfK+Elw7bKeCLUFAmAgRGYACgkQ+Elw7bKe CLWpfxAAnWhY1nhIYC2Qe9Ia5E53AG+uVyxry+l+1Qw77UP39s9occVUgR5UbIoQ KoU1Aul3HaavZ5UIPtPbqMrnKQguPH9wJWHqjPBjNwgD+V7HnY4pEnsvJy1ncXDz KmERr9hISDOwJjgw+9zhW6TvE3mCR7WWlMd72Yd2m7B5kb0ZF5+o8YwHqnFV+p7E hyP03MX0Rdkcctcl0qVFbmRNf7nnWdWSwyIGfxWIXQrXSaO2th+Sd3JfFqB7/Eqk 5WY9nYKkHBh+VFGXbbYIrnsqJF6t+sEAZg4H9T77TpOP0k3+yUAJreb2WgdvDC1Y yQ82tSldgC4Ye9xvqlZjb3a5dNbCJm38TosVYBBg+j+66jpzoJONIKgcLIMYnWf8 BS/kR25/bzGrGfI8JLsG43m4wspUEdpa/J5Ylhse8ZULEPeZ5UM/1ytNPJMIwgLo Dzg6jyeRaAEJs4OdLz16vDMvy78U16bGhIcUFB5mzQSYZBdQ/i4FL5VPxCTosMmt vtfe6SpGj8naBgJDKIhf5hTrTOqGbm0ljaLSAj7euCR2Gniv/3DlpuHtl1vbNCI+ DUQpv7AmVFKuzyO0LwlFTl3BNEnlKBxKRib0bxDXqVRvLkK1KnN174Q6kcSoNPKk hjdzFJEZvlol04wxsINLzmLR0wQLkfbXgY+EnlUSno98p04ua8Q=
    =+EPs
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)