• sudo binary missing after live-build image installation

From Kelvin Lee@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 31 00:10:01 2023
    Hello,

After hearing all the praises for bookworm, I built and installed my
    first-ever Debian instance. During the installation, I was prompted to
    enter a superuser password and I skipped this step. I know then the first
    user I created will have administrator privileges by using the sudo command
    (I prefer this way as I came from Ubuntu-like distros).

However, when I tried running any commands with sudo after the
    installation. It prompts me,
    - bash: sudo: command not found

I double-checked my user account's groups using groups. I could see the
    account indeed belongs to the sudo group. I'm not sure if I messed up any
    steps during the build process or missed any option flags in lb config
    command. Or is this a bug with the live-build tool?

This is the lb config command used,
    lb config \
    --architectures amd64 \
    --archive-areas 'main contrib non-free' \
    --backports true \
    --security true \
    --updates true \
    --source false \
    --distribution bookworm \
    --debian-installer live \
    --debian-installer-distribution bookworm \
    --debootstrap-options
    "--include=apt-transport-https,ca-certificates,openssl"

Regards,
    Kelvin

<div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,sans-serif">Hello,</div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,sans-serif"><br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,sans-serif">After hearing all the
    praises for bookworm, I built and installed my first-ever Debian instance. During the installation, I was prompted to enter a superuser password and I skipped this step. I know then the first user I created will have administrator privileges by using
    the sudo command (I prefer this way as I came from Ubuntu-like distros). </div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,sans-serif"><br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,sans-serif">However, when I tried running any
    commands with sudo after the installation. It prompts me,</div><div class="gmail_default" style=""><font face="monospace">- bash: sudo: command not found</font></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,sans-serif"><br></div><div class="
    gmail_default" style=""><font face="arial, sans-serif">I double-checked my user account&#39;s groups using groups. I could see the account indeed belongs to the sudo group. I&#39;m not sure if I messed up any steps </font>during the build<font face="
    arial, sans-serif"> process or missed any option flags </font><font face="arial, sans-serif">in </font><font face="monospace">lb config</font><font face="arial, sans-serif"> command. Or is this a bug with the live-build tool?</font></div><div class="
    gmail_default" style=""><font face="arial, sans-serif"><br></font></div><div class="gmail_default" style=""><font face="arial, sans-serif">This is the </font><font face="monospace">lb config</font><font face="arial, sans-serif"> command used,</font></div>
    <div class="gmail_default" style=""><font face="monospace">lb config \<br>--architectures amd64 \<br>--archive-areas &#39;main contrib non-free&#39; \<br>--backports true \<br>--security true \<br>--updates true \<br>--source false \<br>--distribution
    bookworm \<br>--debian-installer live \<br>--debian-installer-distribution bookworm \<br>--debootstrap-options &quot;--include=apt-transport-https,ca-certificates,openssl&quot;</font><br></div><div class="gmail_default" style=""><font face="arial, sans-
    serif"><br></font></div><div class="gmail_default" style=""><font face="arial, sans-serif">Regards,</font></div><div class="gmail_default" style=""><font face="arial, sans-serif">Kelvin</font></div><div class="gmail_default" style=""><font face="arial,
    sans-serif"><br></font></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)