• Custom Buster live-build

From Nathanael Higley@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 29 06:20:01 2021
    Hi my name is Nathanael and I was wondering how I could build an
    unofficial/ for personal use Debian Buster livecd with updates and security patches included on the disc?
    I've had previously built a custom live-cd with live-build on Debian
    stretch with live-images or more precisely the gnome-desktop live-image configuration. I had modified the configuration to include the full gnome-desktop development stack with gnome-boxes emulation, however It's
    been a good while since I've built a live-cd, what tools or process would
    you recommend?

PS: thank you so much for all your hard work Debian is an awesome operating system!

<div dir="auto">Hi my name is Nathanael and I was wondering how I could build an unofficial/ for personal use Debian Buster livecd with updates and security patches included on the disc?<div dir="auto">I&#39;ve had previously built a custom live-cd with
    live-build on Debian stretch with live-images or more precisely the gnome-desktop live-image configuration. I had modified the configuration to include the full gnome-desktop development stack with gnome-boxes emulation, however It&#39;s been a good
    while since I&#39;ve built a live-cd, what tools or process would you recommend?</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">PS: thank you so much for all your hard work Debian is an awesome operating system!</div><div dir="auto"><br style="font-
    family:sans-serif;font-size:12.8px"></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Roland Clobus@21:1/5 to Nathanael Higley on Tue Jun 29 08:10:01 2021
    To: debian-cd@lists.debian.org
    To: debian-live@lists.debian.org (Debian-live mailing list)

This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --KMfISiwN6owPFZFF2qRQz1B15Z1FiSYcJ
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
    Content-Language: en-GB
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

+debian-live

Hello Nathanael,

On 29/06/2021 06:14, Nathanael Higley wrote:
    Hi my name is Nathanael and I was wondering how I could build an
    unofficial/ for personal use Debian Buster livecd with updates and
    security patches included on the disc?
    I've had previously built a custom live-cd with live-build on Debian
    stretch with live-images or more precisely the gnome-desktop live-image configuration. I had modified the configuration to include the full gnome-desktop development stack with gnome-boxes emulation, however It's
    been a good while since I've built a live-cd, what tools or process
    would you recommend?

The official live images for Debian Buster are created by the tool live-wrapper, before that the tool live-build was used (which you
    already used for Stretch). Image for Bullseye can be built by either tool.
    I'm biased, I've worked in live-build in the last couple of years, I
    would recommend to use live-build. You can take a look at the Wiki [1]
    page that details some command line examples for e.g. building a GNOME
    live image, and the documentation [2].

With kind regards,
    Roland Clobus

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleInstalls/LiveImages
    [2] https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/

--KMfISiwN6owPFZFF2qRQz1B15Z1FiSYcJ--

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAEBCgAdFiEEUFVLM5Bdj7GSJEb+YsV8aqYUlb0FAmDauGUACgkQYsV8aqYU lb0Rfw/9Eh8TIcJMt8YdSrHm1mtYSbG2gGocDJodNfqZU2dJfU+axbXLksFCsNxY i3slDFpP/EBqT/rXTHy5RZ9c2RxSnnGVun/yjHww948wBTuhNdR5jAg35G79q6iW tQcUj1o+g7OQjqdnixsLyiFHVtZcnuEH2EyOXWRdFzLmNBi01k0B2yPT7IMqvC99 xUuVqTG1HqVwlpoqCjoTokgJ7880bZ1ZbyntRZtJvAJduebF0VXsw1Kc+2tNPuPu 3XAmlbcvATWeUqUGb0TZ+j/7SXI9ENP7yBUm3u+CtPd4fOd9iPxpFhx8fOcLFSxO T73t2JRh/umv05iYx48C3SmGIvKz3lfWIlAavdy8a2jcH7LnpY4glQD1EScEm32J HC+lBCzhD1va5vQCgw8uzE7lqbsqkhFaRrGhyvRQcJbB67gb6pnbg9SFGp1iSvms HEpM42+N5Une8pe1FUAIur4HOYXk9elYj5fGLv2sb5cU3bM7ImllFp0g4esGSR8A EhMVq6IP9hFbFBSA3c0l8rUVyg84uf8XEWSjwms5B470bMALHvTZGhVP3/B/S+C9 Q8I4zfMbEY0ECxGjwdSuj0Wh2fXPrhvBnbe66kJeozgzqtwsOcrpVfcccaoCp4Hf JOaKt8oXCvhYFP7pGgF4YAZ+UZcA3jsTgGP8uX+N1EyORzadSM4=
    =P8U9
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)