Hello Debian-Live list, Debian-Images list, debian-boot list,
About a year ago I wrote  about my steps to reproduce the command
line that is currently used to generate the live images. By then it was >already clear that live-wrapper needs a replacement.
Steve McIntyre wrote at that time: "The current live-wrapper code, and >vmdebootstrap, are both basically dead IMHO. I've suggested moving to >something else supported like FAI instead, like the Debian cloud images. >highvoltage has other ideas. I'm not working on anything live-related at
all any more."
In November  I wrote to the live list about 'Porting the standard
image from live-wrapper to live-build'.
Since then I've continued working on live-build, which is now IMHO in a
good shape (it even creates reproducible images ), but live-build
would need some final features to be a proper replacement.
These final features can be subdivided in a few categories:
* Accessibility: better support for speech-synthesis and adding beeps to >isolinx/grub
* Localisation: support for running the live image in another language >starting from the boot
* Cosmetic: using the official Debian 11 artwork during the boot
* Branding: the live image might need to differ between 'official' and >'unofficial' images
Each of these categories can be tackled with reasonable effort, but some >coordination might be required.
* Has it already been decided what the replacement for live-wrapper will be? >* If no, would you consider using live-build again?
|Location:||Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK|
|Nodes:||8 (1 / 7)|