• Bug#884778: Validation complains about HTML files with zero size; delet

From Laura Arjona Reina@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 20 14:40:02 2017
    XPost: linux.debian.bugs.dist

Hello
    Some more info about this:

It seems it's the "tidy" script the one that finds problems with those files. From today's lessoften log:

[..]
    run-parts: executing /srv/www.debian.org/cron/lessoften-parts/999Xtidy /srv/www.debian.org/www/vote/2017/platforms/index.es.html /srv/www.debian.org/www/News/weekly/2013/19/index.it.html /srv/www.debian.org/www/News/weekly/2004/42/index.pt.html /srv/www.debian.org/www/News/weekly/2005/index.pt.html /srv/www.debian.org/www/News/2003/20030728.sv.html /srv/www.debian.org/www/News/press/2001.sv.html /srv/www.debian.org/www/News/weekly/2000/22/index.sv.html
    run-parts: executing /srv/www.debian.org/cron/lessoften-parts/999Xvalidate [...]

I've done 2 changes to see what happens in the following builds, and tomorrow in
    the next tidy/validate round:

* Removed the file /srv/www.debian.org/www/News/press/2001.sv.html in the server.

* Committed an update to */News/2003/20030728.wml (including the swedish wml file), to force the build.

* Added myself to the list of recipients of Swedish validation/tidy error messages. (ISSUE_C (why no mail about these issues in former days) solved, I was
    in the "en" list that only receive weekly reminders. I guess the recipients of the affected languages have been received mail daily about the zero size files.

I'll try to look at the logs for the following builds, and tomorrow's tidy/validate scripts logs.

Cheers

--
    Laura Arjona Reina
    https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)