• Bug#877337: www.debian.org: Switch back to single page version of Polic

From Laura Arjona Reina@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 1 02:10:01 2017
    XPost: linux.debian.bugs.dist

Hello Sean

El 30/09/17 a las 18:33, Sean Whitton escribió:

Please revert this, so the single page version is published on our web mirrors. Here is a patch (against [1]; unfortunately, I'm not in a
    position to test it). I'd appreciate it if this change could be made quickly, to avoid URLs to the multi page version ending up in too many mailing list posts/other documents.

I've applied your patch, and also reviewed our mvhtml_sphinx() function and adapted it to copy the 1-page manual and the _static and _images files only.

(If in the future the package carries translations, we'll need to readapt this function to take care about the translations, too).

After running the last website build, https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy seems to show the correct info.

Since the old files were still there, I've logged in www-master.debian.org and removed them manually (together with some other .gz files of old versions of debian-policy). I believe that these changes will be visible in the next website
    build (the old files will be removed from mirrors too).

I leave this bug open for the case further action is needed; if everything goes well I'll close the bug in some days.

Best regards
    --
    Laura Arjona Reina
    https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sean Whitton@21:1/5 to Laura Arjona Reina on Sun Oct 1 03:00:01 2017
    XPost: linux.debian.bugs.dist

Hello Laura,

On Sun, Oct 01 2017, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

I've applied your patch, and also reviewed our mvhtml_sphinx()
    function and adapted it to copy the 1-page manual and the _static and
    _images files only.

(If in the future the package carries translations, we'll need to
    readapt this function to take care about the translations, too).

After running the last website build, https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy seems to show the correct
    info.

Since the old files were still there, I've logged in
    www-master.debian.org and removed them manually (together with some
    other .gz files of old versions of debian-policy). I believe that
    these changes will be visible in the next website build (the old files
    will be removed from mirrors too).

Many thanks for all your work on this today.

--
    Sean Whitton

--=-=-Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc"

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAEBCgAdFiEEm5FwB64DDjbk/CSLaVt65L8GYkAFAlnQOzQACgkQaVt65L8G YkASSA//crNUDQngcR4ocG2ywbd8jWKRKe4GoEx4Tbw+HBB/NGRttLo3slnWzyUl jNBEI01GaYmGFd5vaOUwGKr8OQI0OQxPV/tGtXjA087bhlkHdAYjB2mgz8iIOxIX gaO7OujAPw8rPNb5rBBkOnFqDHLKkDrzKhmQm9IdukdbdBRQdH3qnxZw/P/LfhyK dfywfhw0L61mb1PU9kPele9NSYEe1Y6iY+cS/r8Rec+S4YHsOni+Tg0ziP0dV1Q2 3BjdPNPnzXZTi0Khpd+Adz2Xvg3Lo1l/pTi3yHTn+OPQnczZ9Dr5blp3JzuQyYl/ 9ywIUYELyA59UOodi51fIM8vNfgGo/QT8vE2DVsYX5stm2c/6xnXcMSBjOj7nbUJ qHgaIjT0hAthFd1+u9C6KFcgoYVwDfq2emog9VR6pYweMezKu3yFJ6vR+Ko7M5jf AlkNmq/MFOdCQRujDpXfNK7WMDGBnVHX5wlUgjOEV5TXup6IoLwxwzjEjeit8HYi Vp1Hlxh90AMTgc7fKu18GqJninsjLHaSQT7TFC9n9kGyod88Eo+E3gTfsKRjhDZm VQ4MoIJvsiPymJiGJPBcP5RH61whmuS+Dax6oVDz2/WGDuRXU/EDTsTTiGZ31F6H jI5yf5xH9tSIEtwDRM+z8gMwd6lHrV56avX3DLdiXnZvWfGW76U=7sPD
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)