• GPL and embedded software in a custom ISO

From Sileno de Oliveira Brito@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 11 21:10:02 2021
    If I return a customized solution (C ++ service "compiled with g ++ and
    gcc", API in PHP and Angular interface, PostgreSQL database) and create a customized ISO with Debian to distribute my software. Will my solution
    become GPL and will I have to open the source code? or I can continue with
    the closed code "proprietary", today due to this doubt I FreeBSD, but I
    would like to use Debian, because I find it easier and more stable.

Today I am careful when using libs. I use MIT, BSD licenses or in the worst case LGPL, depending on the need I write a new library, just to not have license problems.

<div dir="ltr">If I return a customized solution (C ++ service &quot;compiled with g ++ and gcc&quot;, API in PHP and Angular interface, PostgreSQL database) and create a customized ISO with Debian to distribute my software. Will my solution become GPL
    and will I have to open the source code? or I can continue with the closed code &quot;proprietary&quot;, today due to this doubt I FreeBSD, but I would like to use Debian, because I find it easier and more stable.<br><div><br></div><div>Today I am
    careful when using libs. I use MIT, BSD licenses or in the worst case LGPL, depending on the need I write a new library, just to not have license problems.<br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)