• Re: Debian Hamlib v4.3 package is out of date - Hamlib has been upgrade

From Christoph Berg@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 29 22:30:02 2022
    Re: To David Ranch
    Re: David Ranch
    Hello Christoph,

I noticed today that the Debian hamlib package in both Testing (bookwork) and SID are on v4.3.0 but Hamlib 4.4.0 has been out since 12/02/21. Would it be possible to get that updated? While I have your attention, I did try
    to compile and package v4.4 using the v4.3 debian package files from http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/h/hamlib/hamlib_4.3.1-1.debian.tar.xz
    on Ubuntu 20.04 but when I run "debuild --no-tgz-check -i -b -us -uc", I get
    the following errors. Any thoughts on a fix?

dpkg-gensymbols: warning: some new symbols appeared in the symbols file: see
    diff output below
    dpkg-gensymbols: error: some symbols or patterns disappeared in the symbols file: see diff output below

Hi David,

you'd have to inspect the diff, most importantly the symbols that went missing, and decided if that's ok, or if that needs a SONAME bump.

I just gave hamlib 4.4 a try, and it just doesn't work. It cannot talk
    to my IC7610:

$ rigctl -r /dev/ttyUSB7610 -m 3078 -s 115200
    rig_open: error = Invalid parameter
    icom_rig_open: rig error getting frequency retry=0, err=Invalid parameter icom_get_usb_echo_off: USB echo off detected
    icom.c(771):icom_get_usb_echo_off return(1)
    icom.c(771):icom_get_usb_echo_off return(1)icom.c(995):icom_rig_open return(1) rig.c(1031):rig_open return(1) /dev/ttyUSB7610 Success

There are over 600 commits on the master branch since the 4.4 tag, I
    don't think trying to cherry-pick that fix makes sense, and we should
    just wait for 4.5.

(I tried building 4.5 from git, but it dies with some include problem
    that I don't want to debug now.)

Christoph

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)