• Q: Bullseye planned on sparc64?

From James Bond@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 14 23:10:01 2021
    Dear all,

As I do have several Blades 150/1500(silver)/2500(silver)/2500(red) I would kindly offer to test on them if you need my help. Graphic cards currently in use are XVR-100 (B150) and XVR-1200 (B1500/2500).

Cheers

Iggi

<html xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
    <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"> <style><!--
    /* Font Definitions */
    @font-face
    {font-family:"Cambria Math";
    panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
    @font-face
    {font-family:Calibri;
    panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
    /* Style Definitions */
    p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
    {margin:0cm;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
    span.E-MailFormatvorlage17
    {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
    color:windowtext;}
    .MsoChpDefault
    {mso-style-type:export-only;
    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
    @page WordSection1
    {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
    margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}
    div.WordSection1
    {page:WordSection1;}
    </style>
    </head>
    <body lang="DE" link="#0563C1" vlink="#954F72" style="word-wrap:break-word"> <div class="WordSection1">
    <p class="MsoNormal">Dear all,<o:p></o:p></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">As I do have several Blades 150/1500(silver)/2500(silver)/2500(red) I would kindly offer to test on them if you need my help. Graphic cards currently in use are XVR-100 (B150) and XVR-1200 (B1500/2500).<o:p></o:p></
    span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">Cheers<o:p></o:p></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">Iggi<o:p></o:p></span></p>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Paul Adrian Glaubitz@21:1/5 to Connor McLaughlan on Tue Aug 17 00:50:01 2021
    Hello!

On 8/17/21 12:14 AM, Connor McLaughlan wrote:
    there are no stable releases for the unofficial ports. You have to follow
    sid if you install a machine with the netinst-iso...
    This is currently very close to bullseye but will follow the next sid again and deviate.

There are plans to provide releases for Debian Ports in the future but that would mean we would need our own instance of the Debian service "Britney"
    which handles everything around Debian testing migration.

Also i am still trying to get my old Suns (Ultra 10, Ultra 25, Blade 100, Blade 2000) working with debian in a stable way.

Please create a separate thread for each of these issues on the mailing list, so that we can discuss and resolve those issues individually.

Thanks,
    Adrian

--
    .''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
    : :' : Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org
    `. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
    `- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Connor McLaughlan@21:1/5 to bond6872@googlemail.com on Tue Aug 17 00:20:01 2021
    Hi Iggi,

there are no stable releases for the unofficial ports. You have to follow
    sid if you install a machine with the netinst-iso...
    This is currently very close to bullseye but will follow the next sid again
    and deviate.

Also i am still trying to get my old Suns (Ultra 10, Ultra 25, Blade 100,
    Blade 2000) working with debian in a stable way.

On Ultra 25 and Blade 100 i have problems with the latest kernels 5.9-5.10 where USB is not working for me. Therefore i am using kernel 5.8. Maybe
    this is fixable by using a certain USB quirks switch for the kernel, but i
    have not researched yet if there is a suitable one.

The main problem with debian on my machines is however, that after
    intensive workload for 2-3 days, my partitions get corrupted into an
    unfixable state and i have to reinstall debian. I have tried various things
    to find the culprit, but the logs are inconclusive apart from partitions
    not getting unmounted successfully at shutdown.
    Currently i suspect systemd as the cause and have switched to sysvinit for testing.

I think i can rule out hardware errors, because NetBSD and Solaris run rock solid on those machines without an issue and the issue is similar across several of the old machines. From the reports of other users T1+ are told
    to be stable and not showing this instability.

So feel free to test i guess. Any usage should be welcome.

Regards,
    Connor

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:02 PM James Bond <bond6872@googlemail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

As I do have several Blades 150/1500(silver)/2500(silver)/2500(red) I
    would kindly offer to test on them if you need my help. Graphic cards currently in use are XVR-100 (B150) and XVR-1200 (B1500/2500).

Cheers

Iggi

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div>Hi Iggi,</div><div><br></div><div>there are no stable releases for the unofficial ports. You have to follow sid if you install a machine with the netinst-iso...</div><div></div><div>This is currently very close to
    bullseye but will follow the next sid again and deviate.</div><div><br></div><div>Also i am still trying to get my old Suns (Ultra 10, Ultra 25, Blade 100, Blade 2000) working with debian in a stable way.<br></div><div><br></div><div>On Ultra 25 and
    Blade 100 i have problems with the latest kernels 5.9-5.10 where USB is not working for me. Therefore i am using kernel 5.8. Maybe this is fixable by using a certain USB quirks switch for the kernel, but i have not researched yet if there is a suitable
    one.</div><div><br></div><div>The main problem with debian on my machines is however, that after intensive workload for 2-3 days, my partitions get corrupted into an unfixable state and i have to reinstall debian. I have tried various things to find the
    culprit, but the logs are inconclusive apart from partitions not getting unmounted successfully at shutdown. <br></div><div>Currently i suspect systemd as the cause and have switched to sysvinit for testing.</div><div><br></div><div>I think i can rule
    out hardware errors, because NetBSD and Solaris run rock solid on those machines without an issue and the issue is similar across several of the old machines. From the reports of other users T1+ are told to be stable and not showing this instability.</
    <div><br></div><div>So feel free to test i guess. Any usage should be welcome.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div>Connor<br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:02 PM James
    Bond &lt;<a href="mailto:bond6872@googlemail.com">bond6872@googlemail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

<div style="overflow-wrap: break-word;" lang="DE">
    <div class="gmail-m_3313284780021632596WordSection1">
    <p class="MsoNormal">Dear all,<u></u><u></u></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><u></u> <u></u></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">As I do have several Blades 150/1500(silver)/2500(silver)/2500(red) I would kindly offer to test on them if you need my help. Graphic cards currently in use are XVR-100 (B150) and XVR-1200 (B1500/2500).<u></u><u></
    </span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"><u></u> <u></u></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">Cheers<u></u><u></u></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"><u></u> <u></u></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">Iggi<u></u><u></u></span></p>
    </div>
    </div>

</blockquote></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05