hello Java maintainers,
I consider upgrading freeplane from 1.7.10 to 1.9.x. Unfortunately,
there are quite a few challanges (some might not be valid and some
might be missing):
- gradle 6.x (7.x?) -> that's why I haven't started yet. I realize you
are working hard on this.
- redo patches for gradle build system
- additional/new dependencies:
- twemoji (unicode emojis): dependency twemoji-parser which depends on a twitter scala library
(2-3 teams involved) -> see the lengthy discussion @ #878875 plus links
- knopflerfish 8.0.4->8.0.11 -> _might_ need to update libknopflerfish-osgi-framework-java
- org.freeplane.dpolivaev.mnemonicsetter:mnemonicsetter 0.5->0.6 (easy)
- com.github.robtimus:data-url: 1.0.1->2.0
- com.bulenkov:darcula: 2018.2->2021.7
- new: com.twelvemonkeys.imageio:imageio-jpeg:3.6.4
- commons-io and commons-codec now pull an older version -> don't know why, maybe needs patches
- org.freeplane.lightdev:simplyhtml: 0.17.3->0.18.5 (easy)
probably just debug helper
- 'org.xbib.gradle.plugin.jflex' version '1.2.1' (downgraded??)
- :jsyntaxpane-0.9.6~r156-7 -> https://github.com/Sciss/SyntaxPane
- new: io.github.gitbucket:markedj:1.0.16 (markdown)
- org.codehaus.groovy:groovy-all: 2.4->3.0.8 (fp might update to 4.x soon)
- batik: 1.10->1.14 (1.12 is in Debian)
- fop: 2.2->2.6 (2.5 is in Debian)
- new: 'org.apache.pdfbox:fontbox:2.0.23'
(moving target: new/updated dependencies all the time)
- OSGi: bnd invocation compatible (5.0.1->5.3.0)?
- new logos, licenses, ...
- does not work with Java >=16 currently (as of freeplane 1.9.7)
(like many other packages I guess) -> will be fixed upstream
Is there anyone who would consider to join the freeplane packaging?
It is a popular package  (although its popularity has decreased because
the package is outdated), so I think it is quite nice to have it
updated in Debian -> you will have many grateful users :-)
Cheers and Best Regards,
--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)