• Re: lspci showing nothing (yesterday daily dvd.iso)

From Samuel Thibault@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 28 10:10:01 2022
    Hello,

Paul Dufresne, le jeu. 28 avril 2022 03:47:12 -0400, a ecrit:
    Was feeling like trying Debian/Hurd again, so I downloaded and installed daily
    DVD.iso.

Remember that daily images are completely untested, so it is really like playing lottery.

running it with:
    kvm -m 1G -drive file=hd.img,cache=writeback -cdrom debian-sid-hurd-i386-DVD-1.iso

at first I gave 5Gb to hd.img, but it froze in installing libcu I think...

That's not expected, 5G should have been more than enough.

But the real question is: Is it normal that lspci just return to the next line,
    not showing anything?

/servers/bus/pci is not yet available to non-root accounts.

Samuel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Paul Dufresne@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 28 09:50:01 2022
    Hi!

Was feeling like trying Debian/Hurd again, so I downloaded and installed daily DVD.iso.

running it with:

kvm -m 1G -drive file=hd.img,cache=writeback -cdrom debian-sid-hurd-i386-DVD-1.iso

at first I gave 5Gb to hd.img, but it froze in installing libcu I think... so I then gave 12 Gb, which seems more than enough.

df -d

says I use 2.1Gb.... which would make it seems 5 Gb would have been enough... strange.

But the real question is: Is it normal that lspci just return to the next line, not showing anything?
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><meta content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"></head><body ><div style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;"><div>Hi!<br></div>
    <div><br></div><div>Was feeling like trying Debian/Hurd again, so I downloaded and installed daily DVD.iso.<br></div><div><br></div><div>running it with:<br></div><div>kvm -m 1G -drive file=hd.img,cache=writeback -cdrom debian-sid-hurd-i386-DVD-1.iso <br>
    </div><div><br></div><div>at first I gave 5Gb to hd.img, but it froze in installing libcu I think... so I then gave 12 Gb, which seems more than enough.<br></div><div><br></div><div>df -d<br></div><div>says I use 2.1Gb.... which would make it seems 5 Gb
    would have been enough... strange.<br></div><div><br></div><div>But the real question is: Is it normal that lspci just return to the next line, not showing anything?<br></div><div><br></div></div><br></body></html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)