On Sb, 20 mar 21, 14:48:22, Brian Potkin wrote:
On Sat 20 Mar 2021 at 14:17:11 +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
Presumably a cut'n'pasteo. Thanks, revised patch attached.
JBR with qualifications in linguistics, experience as a Debian
sysadmin, and probably no clue about this particular package
diff --git a/en/whats-new.dbk b/en/whats-new.dbk
index c301cfad..4435fce5 100644
@@ -99,40 +99,74 @@ see any updates for these packages and they will be marked as
- <title>SANE and driverless scanning</title>
+ <title>Driverless scanning and printing</title>
- Driverless scanning is the ability to scan without requiring a
- free or non-free backend driver specific to that scanner model.
- It is mainly associated with modern multi-function devices, but
- some modern standalone scanners are known to work
- driverless. <quote>Modern</quote> refers to devices that have been
+ Both printing with <literal>CUPS</literal> and scanning with
+ <literal>SANE</literal> are increasingly likely to be possible
+ without the need for any (often non-free) driver specific
For me this would sound better:
... without the need for any driver (often non-free) specific
+ to the model of the hardware, especially in the case of devices
marketed in the past five years or so.
|Location:||Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK|
|Nodes:||16 (2 / 14)|