• release date on website with notes

From Jeremy Brown@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 10 13:30:02 2021
    Hi,

My computer has had a number of malware incidents, so I am taking extra precautions. This morning I got an update notification about my os. Is
    there somewhere I can get notices directly from the debian website with an offical date and with release notes etc...?

Thank you!

Jeremy

<div dir="ltr"><div>Hi,</div><div><br></div><div>My computer has had a number of malware incidents, so I am taking extra precautions. This morning I got an update notification about my os. Is there somewhere I can get notices directly from the debian
    website with an offical date and with release notes etc...?</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you!</div><div><br></div><div>Jeremy<br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Joost van =?utf-8?Q?Baal-Ili=C4=87?@21:1/5 to Jeremy Brown on Wed Nov 10 13:50:03 2021
    XPost: linux.debian.user

Hi Jeremy,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 07:08:07AM -0500, Jeremy Brown wrote:

My computer has had a number of malware incidents, so I am taking extra precautions. This morning I got an update notification about my os. Is
    there somewhere I can get notices directly from the debian website with an offical date and with release notes etc...?

Thanks for your interest in Debian.

I think installing and learning about the packages unattended-upgrades and check-support-status might get you closer to your goal.

If you give more details about your setup and precise goal, I (or others)
    can give you better advise. (E.g.: what "update notification" exactly did
    you get?)

BTW, you've mailed your question to debian-doc@l.d.o, this list is meant
    as a communication platform for people working on Debian's documentation.
    This issue is more suitable for debian-user@l.d.o, Cc and Reply-To set accordingly.

Hope this helps you! Bye,

Joost

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)