• fun with mailinglists (was Re: Is chromium updated?)

From Emmanuel Halbwachs@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 13 11:50:02 2020
    John Runyon (Fri 2020-11-13 05:26:56 -0500) :
    Why do we have such messages on the security mailing list? Is there a way to get actual security team announcements without all this spam?

Yes, there is such a list [1]. This list [2] is for (quote):

Discussion about security issues, including cryptographic issues,
    that are of interest to all parts of the Debian community.

Please note that this is NOT an announcement mailing list. If
    you're looking for security advisories from Debian, subscribe to
    debian-security-announce instead.

This list is not moderated; posting is allowed by anyone.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/
    [2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-security/

--
    Emmanuel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gian Piero Carrubba@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 13 12:00:03 2020
    * [Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 05:26:56AM -0500] John Runyon:
    Why do we have such messages on the security mailing list? Is there a
    way to get actual security team announcements without all this spam?

That's a job for debian-security-announce@l.d.o (please note the
    '-announce' suffix)

Ciao,
    Gian Piero.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Runyon@21:1/5 to holger@layer-acht.org on Fri Nov 13 11:30:03 2020
    Imagine calling yourself a “Debian contributor” because you... reported a few bugs? Guess I’m a Debian contributor too.

Why do we have such messages on the security mailing list? Is there a way
    to get actual security team announcements without all this spam? There is, after all, no shortage of Debian or Linux users mailing lists on which such messages could be posted.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 5:19 AM Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:06:50PM +0200, Georgi Guninski wrote:
    On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:21 AM Pavlos Ponos <pavlos.ponos@gmail.com>
    wrote:
    BUT we should not forget to say a THANK YOU to these guys which give
    their best in order all of us to use this OS for free ;-)
    I believe I am debian contributor too, search in google for:
    "georgi guninski" site:debian.org

you seem to be a very funny person, less than 3h ago you said in
    Message-ID: <CAGUWgD9-vNNP8GVvRxr6g4=ezOu5Pm= u6UWf+Qe8TUmw4TksCA@mail.gmail.com>
    Debian was not responding to this thread and now you are saying you
    are Debian too! :)))

--
    cheers,
    Holger

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
    ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
    ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
    ⠈⠳⣄

Moral, truth, long term- and holistic thinking seem to mean nothing to us. The
    emperors are naked. Every single one. It turns out our whole society is
    just
    one big nudist party. (Greta Thunberg about the world reacting to the
    corona
    crisis but not reacting appropriatly to the climate crisis.)

--
    Thanks,
    John Runyon

<div dir="auto">Imagine calling yourself a “Debian contributor” because you... reported a few bugs? Guess I’m a Debian contributor too.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Why do we have such messages on the security mailing list? Is
    there a way to get actual security team announcements without all this spam? There is, after all, no shortage of Debian or Linux users mailing lists on which such messages could be posted.</div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="
    gmail_attr">On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 5:19 AM Holger Levsen &lt;<a href="mailto:holger@layer-acht.org">holger@layer-acht.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:
    solid;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204)">On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:06:50PM +0200, Georgi Guninski wrote:<br>
    &gt; On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:21 AM Pavlos Ponos &lt;<a href="mailto:pavlos.ponos@gmail.com" target="_blan
  • From Zhengbo Xiang@21:1/5 to me@jfr.im on Fri Nov 13 11:40:02 2020
    Come on man, if someone contributes, they contribute. Big or small.

And sure, let's quiet down a bit~

Best,
    Alana X

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:27 PM John Runyon <me@jfr.im> wrote:

Imagine calling yourself a “Debian contributor” because you... reported a few bugs? Guess I’m a Debian contributor too.

Why do we have such messages on the security mailing list? Is there a way
    to get actual security team announcements without all this spam? There is, after all, no shortage of Debian or Linux users mailing lists on which such messages could be posted.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 5:19 AM Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
    wrote:

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:21 AM Pavlos Ponos <pavlos.ponos@gmail.com>
    wrote:
    BUT we should not forget to say a THANK YOU to these guys which give
    their best in order all of us to use this OS for free ;-)

Message-ID: <CAGUWgD9-vNNP8GVvRxr6g4=ezOu5Pm=
    u6UWf+Qe8TUmw4TksCA@mail.gmail.com>

--
    cheers,
    Holger

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
    ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A
    AA1C
    ⠈⠳⣄

Moral, truth, long term- and holistic thinking seem to mean nothing to
    us. The
    emperors are naked. Every single one. It turns out our whole society is
    just
    one big nudist party. (Greta Thunberg about the world reacting to the
    corona
    crisis but not reacting appropriatly to the climate crisis.)

--
    Thanks,
    John Runyon

<div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">Come on man, if someone contributes, they contribute. Big or small. </div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;
    font-size:small"><br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">And sure, let&#39;s quiet down a bit~</div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br><
    /div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">Best,</div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">Alana X</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="
    ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:27 PM John Runyon &lt;<a href="mailto:me@jfr.im">me@jfr.im</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><
    div dir="auto">Imagine calling yourself a “Debian contributor” because you... reported a few bugs? Guess I’m a Debian contributor too.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Why do we have such messages on the security mailing list? Is
    there a way to get actual security team announcements without all this spam? There is, after all, no shortage of Debian or Linux users mailing lists on which such messages could be posted.</div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="
    gmail_attr">On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 5:19 AM Holger Levsen &lt;<a href="mailto:holger@layer-acht.org" target="_blank">holger@layer-acht.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(
    204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:06:50PM +0200, Georgi Guninski wrote:<br>
    &gt; On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:21 AM Pavlos Ponos &lt;<a href="mailto:pavlos.ponos@gmail.com" target="_blank">pavlos.ponos@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
    &gt; &gt; BUT we should not forget to say a THANK YOU to these guys which give their best in order all of us to use this OS for free ;-)<br>
    &gt; I believe I am debian contributor too, search in google for:<br>
    &gt; &quot;georgi guninski&quot; site:<a href="http://debian.org" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">debian.org</a><br>

you seem to be a very funny person, less than 3h ago you said in <br> Message-ID: &lt;CAGUWgD9-vNNP8GVvRxr6g4=ezOu5Pm=<a href="mailto:u6UWf%2BQe8TUmw4TksCA@mail.gmail.com" target="_blank">u6UWf+Qe8TUmw4TksCA@mail.gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
    Debian was not responding to this thread and now you are saying you<br>
    are Debian too! :)))<br>

-- <br>
    cheers,<br>
            Holger<br>

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀<br>
     ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁       holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org<br>
     ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C<br>
     ⠈⠳⣄<br>

Moral, truth, long term- and holistic thinking seem to mean nothing to us. The<br>
    emperors are naked. Every single one. It turns out our whole society is just<br>
    one big nudist party. (Greta Thunberg about the world reacting to the corona<br>
    crisis but not reacting appropriatly to the climate crisis.)<br> </blockquote></div></div>-- <br><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">Thanks,<div>John Runyon</div></div></div>
    </blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Holger Levsen@21:1/5 to Georgi Guninski on Fri Nov 13 11:20:01 2020
    On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:21 AM Pavlos Ponos <pavlos.ponos@gmail.com> wrote:
    BUT we should not forget to say a THANK YOU to these guys which give their best in order all of us to use this OS for free ;-)

Message-ID: <CAGUWgD9-vNNP8GVvRxr6g4=ezOu5Pm=u6UWf+Qe8TUmw4TksCA@mail.gmail.com>

--
    cheers,
    Holger

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
    ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
    ⠈⠳⣄

Moral, truth, long term- and holistic thinking seem to mean nothing to us. The emperors are naked. Every single one. It turns out our whole society is just one big nudist party. (Greta Thunberg about the world reacting to the corona crisis but not reacting appropriatly to the climate crisis.)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAABCgAdFiEEuL9UE3sJ01zwJv6dCRq4VgaaqhwFAl+uXZ4ACgkQCRq4Vgaa qhzFwRAAjotm4K7rx5XXjsQGIuoE9V8zAyXY2PqH2cqGKTHDA4mGCiz1TEizQcTq TqEu+wzpVGH8EcwdJ7m9kFHxXDQ7cshGTMSwvRF+twxXe6pjmDidVraCxmJ43L11 VBqjyK0Bk/T0qKaYgaOWGkhi655BObQN8rIBLyGwSTgf918NjUk0RXiQ+Xxl0ioT 8vDG5ayTxgagZCMCbdy6q4PWrkwkbD7ONmLMWg7Cymi1k7jibB1GlAnLSoGqEpcG 0SPomPW3+u7bYddFS2QQtg0Fk4lZCHSA74ejJjPZhciiaco5fELBo/sjqOB/7LHX qjDih+fJHx9Sbz2/FEvS35GlSVE8tpll05Lzex8PETMqKBH0iJoufaPi6MTK
  • From Georgi Guninski@21:1/5 to me@jfr.im on Fri Nov 13 16:20:01 2020
    On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:27 PM John Runyon <me@jfr.im> wrote:

I was wrong about being _contributor_, sorry (misunderstood
    the definition).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05