• How to contribute ?

From Maxime Lombard@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 20:10:01 2021
    Hello,

I'm an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it's only now that i decide to help to packaging.
    I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not
    updated since a very long time.

The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development version is 6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new stable version 7.0 will release next month.
    I sent email to Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and open a
    bug report recently to update package.

Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in "experimental" since a
    long time too.
    I think it's not in Unstable because the test fail with mesa-vulkan-driver
    = 21 (see changelog)
    I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see
    https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248). Is it possible to build the package without to do test (set --disable-tests to configure) ?

Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago.
    More bugs report opened the last months have no answer from Maintainer
    (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)

I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7 and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all works correctly.
    I updated debian folder for wine to prepare the next Stable version.

My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of this package in Debian since I am a novice ?

Thanks for your answer,
    Maxime

<div dir="ltr"><div>Hello,<br><br></div><div>I&#39;m an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it&#39;s only now that i decide to help to packaging.</div><div>I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not updated since a very
    long time.</div><div><br></div><div>The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development version is 6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new stable version 7.0 will release next month.</div><div>--&gt; I sent email to
    Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and open a bug report recently to update package.</div><div><br></div><div>Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in &quot;experimental&quot; since a long time too. <br></div><div>I think it&#39;s not
    in Unstable because the test fail with mesa-vulkan-driver &gt;= 21 (see changelog)</div><div>--&gt; I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see <a href="https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248">https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248<
    ). Is it possible to build the package without to do test (set --disable-tests to configure) ?</div><div><br></div><div>Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago. More bugs report opened the last months have no answer
    from Maintainer (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)</div><div><br></div><div>I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7  and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all works correctly. <br></div><div>I updated debian folder for wine to prepare the
    next Stable version.</div><div><br></div><div>My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of this package in Debian since I am a novice ?</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks for your answer,</div><div>           Maxime<br></
    </div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Andrey Rahmatullin@21:1/5 to Maxime Lombard on Tue Dec 21 22:00:01 2021
    On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 07:47:47PM +0100, Maxime Lombard wrote:
    Hello,

I'm an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it's only now that i decide to help to packaging.
    I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not updated since a very long time.
    Normally you should contact the maintainers if you want to help
    maintaining some packages.

Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago. More bugs report opened the last months have no answer from Maintainer (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)
    Unless all maintainers are MIA you can't really do anything except making
    NMUs for things that are allowed in NMUs, or sending your work to the maintainers hoping they will use it.
    There is also https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging
    but I wouldn't recommend it when packages are complex and you don't have
    enough experience with packaging and contributing yet. You may be able to
    find other would-be-maintainers though.

--
    WBR, wRAR

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQJhBAABCgBLFiEEolIP6gqGcKZh3YxVM2L3AxpJkuEFAmHCPgAtFIAAAAAAFQAP cGthLWFkZHJlc3NAZ251cGcub3Jnd3JhckBkZWJpYW4ub3JnAAoJEDNi9wMaSZLh fF4QAKGqmQrjXEvo0PHg+8p9An9yIojmLzJ5dKvjG+9PeQAMRgd1vTQ41xChLmFx 1ecD30hdvWrLG0bKR2OKLmIiGog3dKumVFtARVdOu8RNaEufsmsSo4DBve8Bljum UPCVfuo3lLmpExTSJf1HfEja5n057vlvkF7GVft+TP1eVmGg4hFfjStr74v0y20B HJyh4gsKmMcjX6JYlpUs6aFGslh8lge1Bx8mqPc9aEgsd2WgTgv9ejz5IGib9VWX G2T2vSvt2t9Ou9oas2y/Ngpxy6cKd9O+iEqT/14ch99S25ssaTXkBreEjCAkN0Cl LPF7aWmB6vQQonz3f8JdkvjDPjMekTp9+tGUp6rxo7oD8e6y4dGtQY4Gaavd5ssJ 1Zvq7kudWX/PQr9crR2GQ2YD9ePWss4fkK4fpUKuP9PZSacVICoc8H7hy4uHpOgZ iyxwZ0sVp2l0TJ040DGX8Uw101EMoxSH09laKrfhXc+mJaXQvlQ27BHNBfNqhFm/ ajIWAQOblnxjYkopgMpgaR+5JzyWBxnJC/AbFvLO803+tyAbIJT3uyO3/qJvBvtT yyLvf1R9+07Z0ApMvhMKmjdrnVu+9jke4hN+GNfd/U9by7shVdNEd3KROFfIsZ7m nOoAcZZxhSwqIqi8arHQqMjlOUaxQpDlKkaV9nuQQMuMNS53
    =80v/
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wouter Verhelst@21:1/5 to Maxime Lombard on Thu Dec 30 10:30:02 2021
    Hi Maxime,

Hello,

I'm an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it's only now that i decide
    to help to packaging.
    I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not
    The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development version is
    6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new stable
    version 7.0 will release next month.
    --> I sent email to Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and open a
    Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in "experimental" since a
    long time too.
    I think it's not in Unstable because the test fail with mesa-vulkan-driver
    >= 21 (see changelog)
    --> I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see
    https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248). Is it possible to build
    the package without to do test (set --disable-tests to configure) ?
    Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago.
    I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7  and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all works
    correctly.
    My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of this
    package in Debian since I am a novice ?

https://www.debian.org/devel/join/ should help as a general introduction
    on how to contribute.

Assuming you built your updated wine package by getting the existing
    wine packages and updating them for the new upstream version (your mail suggests that, but I'm not sure), you have a few options.

First, you can send a patch to the Debian BTS. The easiest way to
    accomplish this is by way of the "debdiff" program in the "devscripts"
    package; see its man page for details. Alternatively, you can publish
    your build directory in a git repository somewhere, possibly on salsa.debian.org, and let the wine developers (who gather on the debian-wine@lists.debian.org mailinglist) know.

If you don't get any feedback from the wine maintainers, you should
    probably contact the debian mentors mailinglist (link on the join page
    above) to request more help.

Hope this helps,

--
    w@uter.{be,co.za}
    wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Andrey Rahmatullin@21:1/5 to Maxime Lombard on Fri Dec 31 16:00:03 2021
    On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 03:37:05PM +0100, Maxime Lombard wrote:
    vkd3d 1.2-6 in Experimental is not usable in Sid because it needs mesa-vulkan-driver << 21.

Michael did that because vkd3d tests fails during building. I don't know
    why because it fails with mesa 20 too.

I opened a bug report upstream and wine/vkd3d developer told me that there
    is this issue because of nobody has the same GPU (someone can have the
    error and someone else not)
    The tests shouldn't access the GPU though so it shouldn't depend on actual hardware.

The question is :
    It is possible to don't make the test to package the app ?
    it's possible to pass "--disable-tests" as argument for configure.
    You should disable only the tests that are flaky, not all of them.

--
    WBR, wRAR

iQJhBAABCgBLFiEEolIP6gqGcKZh3YxVM2L3AxpJkuEFAmHPGtQtFIAAAAAAFQAP cGthLWFkZHJlc3NAZ251cGcub3Jnd3JhckBkZWJpYW4ub3JnAAoJEDNi9wMaSZLh kDUP/3nLvcNgFbiIAg87g87UuuPPCLid9sh/ftrTaeocUADPc+W8Jgto2hDEMYcg RtjTNhUA2IOEMkJeL7BNXR7HXsJeHYAS7Qd9XqQl7BDMDaij1LmaA2YOJsaN5/R1 T09tEkGgJexxHODlZJFPVrQc3q0IHGk2iIWp9kyt7pbfcwQvrYL66HN8J5AIkFRm MjnfbIriiwAkyNGBx6dRecOiEYFYKFEHvdNs29doRZsOlpXQeTyN7HH/d4IRMadl Bg2C2NpxCp2QIg4QwfQEzc37HTj215S2lszwu5Ell5+A57tRZ3opwUSf64DLbWs4 BhyTuRWU+jecxtfoccjrbUowI4BykC4Qoz65rzIU0HDIpExSO68pR+lYou7Gkea5 eYRuHxT7EYOfxwhcP5zbfezquRKyzGiXsoCPbklmlWCj0l+KH+c1EKJTXOK1DAM0 ozXviW/03rj22W3cS0u3j5bXdvUxR31Mg+y2YfQbFsleEybta2KejQ4kmBl/l76L AjJ6Q3H5pJl5CTNYZ4Fp2rtS1LIhpQEZmsL2kHRwLwkQN2OymXKWwXh1RXG4wIFH Spj6Mr9/aEpPU6B7UNP/unuKSBpQ3tKPqgYx3VowltmN6ZKqwuPKXGLcrmviECHl UbugMHM4U3BokRxwsyf07fll6XghqDKpTJtZctDEkjkShZAx
    =6Pc4

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Maxime Lombard@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 31 16:00:03 2021
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I'll take a look after my new year vacation.

Just a question about a package which block the new version of Wine integration.

vkd3d 1.2-6 in Experimental is not usable in Sid because it needs mesa-vulkan-driver << 21.

The question is :
    It is possible to don't make the test to package the app ?
    it's possible to pass "--disable-tests" as argument for configure.

Thanks,

Le jeu. 30 déc. 2021 à 10:27, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> a écrit :

Hi Maxime,

Hello,

I'm an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it's only now that i
    decide
    to help to packaging.
    I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are
    not
    The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development
    version is
    6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new
    stable
    version 7.0 will release next month.
    --> I sent email to Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and
    open a
    Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in "experimental"
    since a
    long time too.
    I think it's not in Unstable because the test fail with
    mesa-vulkan-driver
    >= 21 (see changelog)
    --> I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see
    https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248). Is it possible to
    build
    Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months
    ago.
    I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7 and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all
    works
    correctly.
    My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of
    this
    package in Debian since I am a novice ?

https://www.debian.org/devel/join/ should help as a general introduction
    on how to contribute.

Assuming you built your updated wine package by getting the existing
    wine packages and updating them for the new upstream version (your mail suggests that, but I'm not sure), you have a few options.

First, you can send a patch to the Debian BTS. The easiest way to
    accomplish this is by way of the "debdiff" program in the "devscripts" package; see its man page for details. Alternatively, you can publish
    your build directory in a git repository somewhere, possibly on salsa.debian.org, and let the wine developers (who gather on the debian-wine@lists.debian.org mailinglist) know.

If you don't get any feedback from the wine maintainers, you should
    probably contact the debian mentors mailinglist (link on the join page
    above) to request more help.

Hope this helps,

--
    w@uter.{be,co.za}
    wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

<div dir="auto">Hi,<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Thanks for your answer. I&#39;ll take a look after my new year vacation. </div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Just a question about a package which block the new version of Wine
    integration.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">vkd3d 1.2-6 in Experimental is not usable in Sid because it needs mesa-vulkan-driver &lt;&lt; 21.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Michael did that because vkd3d tests fails during
    building. I don&#39;t know why because it fails with mesa 20 too.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I opened a bug report upstream and wine/vkd3d developer told me that there is this issue because of nobody has the same GPU (someone can have
    the error and someone else not)</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">The question is :</div><div dir="auto">It is possible to don&#39;t make the test to package the app ?</div><div dir="auto">--&gt; it&#39;s possible to pass &quot;--disable-
    tests&quot; as argument for configure.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Thanks,</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Le jeu. 30 déc. 2021 à 10:27, Wouter Verhelst &lt;<a href="mailto:wouter@debian.org">
    wouter@debian.org</a>&gt; a écrit :<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Maxime,<br>

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 07:47:47PM +0100, Maxime Lombard wrote:<br>
    &gt;    Hello,<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt;    I&#39;m an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it&#39;s only now that i decide<br>
    &gt;    to help to packaging.<br>
    &gt;    I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not<br>
    &gt;    updated since a very long time.<br>
    &gt;    The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development version is<br>
    &gt;    6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new stable<br>
    &gt;    version 7.0 will release next month.<br>
    &gt;    --&gt; I sent email to Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and open a<br>
    &gt;    bug report recently to update package.<br>
    &gt;    Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in &quot;experimental&quot; since a<br>
    &gt;    long time too.<br>
    &gt;    I think it&#39;s not in Unstable because the test fail with mesa-vulkan-driver<br>
    &gt;    &gt;= 21 (see changelog)<br>
    &gt;    --&gt; I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see<br> &gt;    <a href="https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248</a>). Is it possible to build<br>
    &gt;    the package without to do test (set --disable-tests to configure) ?<br>
    &gt;    Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago.<br>
    &gt;    More bugs report opened the last months have no answer from Maintainer<br>
    &gt;    (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)<br> &gt;    I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7  and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all works<br>
    &gt;    correctly.<br>
    &gt;    I updated debian folder for wine to prepare the next Stable version.<br>
    &gt;    My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of this<br>
    &gt;    package in Debian since I am a novice ?<br>

<a href="https://www.debian.org/devel/join/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.debian.org/devel/join/</a> should help as a general introduction<br>
    on how to contribute.<br>

Assuming you built your updated wine package by getting the existing<br>
    wine packages and updating them for the new upstream version (your mail<br> suggests that, but I&#39;m not sure), you have a few options.<br>

First, you can send a patch to the Debian BTS. The easiest way to<br> accomplish this is by way of the &quot;debdiff&quot; program in the &quot;devscripts&quot;<br>
    package; see its man page for details. Alternatively, you can publish<br>
    your build directory in a git repository somewhere, possibly on<br>
    <a href="http://salsa.debian.org" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">salsa.debian.org</a>, and let the wine developers (who gather on the<br>
    <a href="mailto:debian-wine@lists.debian.org" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">debian-wine@lists.debian.org</a> mailinglist) know.<br>

If you don&#39;t get any feedback from the wine maintainers, you should<br> probably contact the debian mentors mailinglist (link on the join page<br> above) to request more help.<br>

Hope this helps,<br>

-- <br>
         w@uter.{be,<a href="http://co.za" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">co.za</a>}<br>
    wouter@{<a href="http://grep.be" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">grep.be</a>,<a href="http://fosdem.org" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">fosdem.org</a>,<a href="http://debian.org" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">debian.
    org</a>}<br>
    </blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zebediah Figura@21:1/5 to Andrey Rahmatullin on Fri Dec 31 22:10:01 2021
    On 12/31/21 08:59, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
    On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 03:37:05PM +0100, Maxime Lombard wrote:
    vkd3d 1.2-6 in Experimental is not usable in Sid because it needs
    mesa-vulkan-driver << 21.

I opened a bug report upstream and wine/vkd3d developer told me that there >> is this issue because of nobody has the same GPU (someone can have the
    The tests shouldn't access the GPU though so it shouldn't depend on actual hardware.

Sorry, can you please clarify? libvkd3d is essentially a GPU driver
    (well, translation layer), so its tests need to access the GPU or
    they're meaningless.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Andrey Rahmatullin@21:1/5 to Zebediah Figura on Sat Jan 1 01:20:01 2022
    On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 02:47:22PM -0600, Zebediah Figura wrote:

Michael did that because vkd3d tests fails during building. I don't know why because it fails with mesa 20 too.

is this issue because of nobody has the same GPU (someone can have the error and someone else not)

Sorry, can you please clarify? libvkd3d is essentially a GPU driver (well, translation layer), so its tests need to access the GPU or they're meaningless.
    OK, if the tests need access to actual hardware then they must be turned
    off during the package build process.
    (though of course tests for code that needs hardware don't necessarily
    need hardware too)

--
    WBR, wRAR

iQJhBAABCgBLFiEEolIP6gqGcKZh3YxVM2L3AxpJkuEFAmHPncktFIAAAAAAFQAP cGthLWFkZHJlc3NAZ251cGcub3Jnd3JhckBkZWJpYW4ub3JnAAoJEDNi9wMaSZLh 38EP/jPSmsdIlQMqvdvmndgpwexkkqeSOKL256HPPD9cMD3CrjcN2iE3mpYGRFMn fV6+5LyRa+7sQqzgXZ95gogkco8kuc6wr7i9yzV41xdbxyfYWVC1vgCr7y/Iptwu hP9tT1NB8XIeIzkKS63IFy+TfaZacX9DcA9shWsEpDK+BJZWGDZ8wZm1Bich7m7Q RAe25IyaiJRjQU6LsW1DVFzl77PX3faMH/kigrAT0O2rmzUk//pK1PMmTlspkhJP C3orCpUtnWZ+j5IECcBnBaz+5PHIZapnAlu+Se+G7ARp/iwmlxauQ1aE3rxiGpRt L21h8lNYTdZ1TJCWaP1FyNP0CMUXk56ybNY55+T7JGBKQfh86lX9k10FogCbAd9l Ipk+pR0I3C4y3IRQsjZQZtQKR9mC7yRHNdeZcSAKK9VKxtfLdizXc1Rth8nl0O74 wbjH58gb4hzIHjf5Bh5U43VhITEQlzqK2LvGphWLLrAjQF2ETLI+Cq/BTKBT3QM5 6U1dNVT+B12cVZQWwzGb6ydFbvt9zwK9s+CjOdyOkcJ0oRGnbs/bG7wdtw8CVNN/ yxyfBgF6ELjIy3kyceWslRc7W9EhtcKdG+baFrqXiy1pDn3KLNAkMwidmYIENc11 FlO1kjoxukdIk1LMvaOwVez18ibUwqh4b8nlBDvKuh1ectPo
    =nOI6

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leandro Cunha@21:1/5 to berillions@gmail.com on Sat Jan 1 03:40:01 2022
    Hi,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 4:06 PM Maxime Lombard <berillions@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not updated since a very long time.

The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development version is 6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new stable version 7.0 will release next month.
    I sent email to Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and open a bug report recently to update package.

Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in "experimental" since a long time too.
    I think it's not in Unstable because the test fail with mesa-vulkan-driver >= 21 (see changelog)
    I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248). Is it possible to build the package without to do test (set --disable-tests to configure) ?

Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago. More bugs report opened the last months have no answer from Maintainer (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)

I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7 and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all works correctly.

My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of this package in Debian since I am a novice ?

Thanks for your answer,
    Maxime

Yes, there are some packages that haven't been updated for a while.
    One of them is the retroarch that next year completes its second without updates and the chromium.
    And I believe it is open to anyone who wants to contribute.
    There are some processes such as ITS, NMU, QA (orphan packages) and team
    upload (for packages kept in teams where it is necessary to work with
    someone on the team or be part of the team).

I usually help with QA work and team uploads. But I did deal with ITS once.

Full reference on this. https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#managing-packages
    https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp
    https://wiki.debian.org/WNPP
    https://wnpp.debian.net

I remember thinking that it was necessary to be a DM or DD to
    contribute to Debian
    and over time I realized I was wrong.

Happy 2022! ;)

--
    Cheers,
    Leandro Cunha
    Information Systems Developer and Software Engineer.

LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQR1AgUFVCTElDIEtFWSBCTE9DSy0tLS0tCgptUUlOQkYvZ1E4Z0JFQURIVktn b1dzVVdOR1Z2UjZzTWhCUFVkQlVFSCtRQUxwcjFRWVhoZXRCZlJ3YVkwSFdOCnBLZ2VqSGR4S084 SCtrSWhSTW9oODlDQ0tnM2hBSjlMbU9PVFhrWDdVNS9DeWEvelJNS2s1ekJEM3JLSWF1Z2gKMFhZ VDE1TnoxandMN1RJREcyNXlQU2xvRHRWZ1ZYVGVwMFp6S3NOWUpqYjRPQXFhODhjdlVFSkVoaHFy bGRsUgpncE5ia2l4RWg1aXR1TzhwTVNoRUJXcUxzM3l0NEhyMVZGV25USW00ZGwvSkxCSHBleHp1 YkRPdy9tS0NUcE5kCkExSkdIVHZjZTF3dEoyZk16Q1Z6aEVqZDVweWpMWlYvbzhoVncyL09OL3lY dnBKdXowbFYvaGlXME0rY0RjYXMKc0tmdEVydHNacFJ5M3d3WGRrQmNKdDZzb1l1cWZDSHdnTWZM MmlDNm1QdmlFOHhXQUhNT21oZEMzd0Rza1pwYgpSY0xmSDVJTVlhakpBR1JPL0dDTWNLS2JxN1dr RU9lbG9pdnRnNjR4QmxZdUpmOWFPY0hLUC84UjNFT2JpTnA3CnViUUFKdFYzcEVHRDRteDFtaHV0 RnhESEIrQ2ZueEUzZFd2eFpTVjl5MW40VU96a0RKM2tEeDVFZTBNYlJ2SkQKdzZhWEtjNmRoWVJF Z2g3aExEY01GeiszTGNCaVpETHhJM2crU0hlM0JsNjF2ZHNuUG5vKzBIaEN6dkIrZkw0Uwplb3k3 TXlmaXVuejlCckIySFBOK3dOQ1QwWWdWK0t2OFFvREd6QndvczVIMXZVSlNZNHQ1OXc2eG9YQVlV c0FtCmhqQU04cytyVXRHNDBtY1VXZVBkOGtadGdFOUlWMWVRK1F0OC9TTnBTZFJuVXVubUlHbDNK akh2RXdBUkFRQUIKdENsTVpXRnVaSEp2SUVOMWJtaGhJRHhzWldGdVpISnZZM1Z1YUdFd01UWkFa MjFoYVd3dVkyOXRQb2tDVGdRVApBUW9BT0JZaEJMVDVvQkN2S04zSHpGRVBLOExaNHpLVVc5QThC UUpmNEVQSUFoc0RCUXNKQ0FjQ0JoVUtDUWdMCkFnUVdBZ01CQWg0QkFoZUFBQW9KRU1MWjR6S1VX OUE4RmpBUUFLV1lxaUxwTFVEK0RMQitOU3kzREkzcmY5ejMKazB2RTdUTGFFamRFTTVDUVdOK2o0 dkJxTW5BY2tkY0FSdlNXUG5kVGpwOEsrbXRGRjRQeWZoTmJTNjR6L2E3TApGM0RkaG1YNzNuN0xL Rkc4T3c5Tlp3Y3JrbVB3SDVXY1A3bVhUaDZSKzYvK09TTC9LODVOQjhNTGx4UVRKT25pCmp1bFZh eDlKRVpqd0JhUDJITEN1NTNacTlnWmN2SmxYb0FvVEh5VHhLZHA4TWg4VitRaXQyNkU3OG85YzZT UUQKRHE5ZXlNUkc4aFlDUmZyZURqS2NlUmtZSGpFQ3lTbGsrVm9JMXNzVnMwN0RxdnhnNnFTeVA0 Um5XKzErVzc0QwpzMHlJeXVDL2VSSnBNQWYxUEJRRU9PclZjVGZSZnBOK2dvOTU1dDIxeUlBdlQ1 OHZxb3RUTTVlYXFYWUlRbi95CnNDNGxUaFphaS9aQlpIeGw1TWJ2NDJXa2tZZGppc0xRT0NBTElN QnBqNW5xNG9oMkMra3ZNdXBjdUJLZkVSZ1YKZGd1VTUxTXpmUWt0S2I2ZDV5Nzc3elluRGFGTVFE RDJJZmlEL0M3bG41QTlMUC9MNTRpeGxBM3VSbVd4L3lBeAovbStadXN3czk4ajRFcS9qdzVUNTRY VzY1NW02bE1DVEU5V1hMSmtneHJSY0VvbkhTbGxiZ1JTc1RvRW1XcTBaCmRveGNucGFnSGRjR1F6 VytjdTJWT0dpMWRhNzNaRm1ybitwdEpnYzhjVzJzdU8wNkllQXJPaTBUeklnN2U2NWoKWHAyRGJK Q3BGcmZ6RXVCYjF1NzFXdkI4VjJNa0FmSlp4L3VaSlBDQTkzNkI0SFQ4WUdQRU16bFFSSUhJMlk5 QworRGxveXpsQkxUUzFFTUt1dVFJTkJGL2dROGdCRUFDNDdvOXUxV205alo2UkMrbGZ4RURFdlZT N01tSTVWelN5CnEwNHJGdHRXd2JLaXgxM3BjNjVhRGxrNDdMeFdyYjg0TjNHbmYxRS9PVHNMVFhx Qzd1NUpaN1lKa0M2Q3NQYm8KRDFzUWtmQ2lKQ0ZDVGdmN2R5ZEVWdDh1alMvVXUxa3o4NnVmZFJ3 YU1SY3ZCWkFPUkdkQjU4TEVzTEI2NVdONApoTFJZRjd4dmN4dTZ0N0ZHcklZZXJlYXhVQVdMQTJC L1puQ0VkT1k5NHc3czB1YVBqSGRmNGxmSGVidVo3VDA4CmlHNUFDRHZLQmpnYUZBckdmZE5ZV2No WEpnYk9FZzE0YkdqNDAvOEx1QktRTVpBU2lGU3FMUFp4b3Bvcks5RlkKeEJ3K0QwODBkVVdXRDVn ODY4VFozcGtNM0RYTzliZHEyMklCS3FLT2VwOENudUtnb0RwVXZBOGRURVkvVURDbgpzZE9sQlVL L1k5elRHVm1ELzkwY08veGt2a1Y3OHN1cWlCbndCU2RkUHpWUzBFdWlXd3JMR3U4Z2FZNEV5TS9Y CjdraGxiVGNNZ2g0bmp6VUNBRTZUcStUYlhTeG44Nnd1T3liVlk1WStJOTlMTmRzb2NJNVNJbjJu RGgySU9pMDAKNGRFL2l3TzJNYXRXSU9MRkJDN3B3OFh2NFVIWlkrV0lmM1kvNlhqRXhwbGxoVWtl QjZCd1pwVHIxU1hrK2N1ZwpxNURqNWk0YUduMkxydlFKNTd0ZXJxVVdZeURVQkZnWFRjNFNQT3pU NW9nOENhdkJnSGZyUW9Gd1NuUloyb3lYCnh0WmhFREk1UGsyajFxVGJPaFhaMjlwbzRyUE5XSE1x MkhRZ00wSStCcVFuZHNvVmRrUE9GelMyd0trZFhqQ3oKYk5ZY3lhbnVzUUFSQVFBQmlRSTJCQmdC Q2dBZ0ZpRUV0UG1nRUs4bzNjZk1VUThyd3Ruak1wUmIwRHdGQWwvZwpROGdDR3d3QUNna1F3dG5q TXBSYjBEemg2Zy8vWmpYYVdTekttRzVaUzZYSmEvWk9va2tFMmhGT0Z1c1dYOFFhCmhFd0xBblRG RXkwMmRMZlY1NHJLd211MmpIUERLTGhFK2lZdHVzdnl0dWVaQXpWUnlRYWh2MFJFNEJIOEVtcXcK Z1FkQnd5Si9MK1FoVXAvbE1kSjZIaC8yWlNabXpVMjlVMjR2blkrVStoYW9CMWZMbkEzbFhnT1A1 OWtNTEd1ZApsRVJSMlZsdXVjN1RjcHp2Y2FSV2dyUVJVMnZTcnJCQkVwNnkwN2lWS2JSTS85eWhF L2FISmFoTGJoS2gyRGs5CldKdkhQbmhZSlk1eVUrWTV2VGwzQmlXNStFdXpNQmRQVWF3T1dLaHFD cTlkc3duMEdMMWcvdmx0L2JkVS82RE8KakVDUTZmc3NUQXREalJDbFh5U3NTM1gwbWg4eThxbEd2 TVBCNGFuZnZPeTQrNG5VVjZJRVNkSmZ0S24yU01HZApDQTNNYVErUzdmclduNXY3R0lXU0M5dnVt Q3NpdTFKVE91Z0xtYlZtdTVtNW5Gc3lsbGF2bS9rOUx0T3Rzd3VGCmZITS9TbFhMRnVHQldVNlhj ZXFhTTJkcFA4aTVqR3owdklHTWhxb0ZOZ1hXR08xTmh3UjFybWVVMUNNcG5NNWUKV3VlNGgvK21K aXVFenVaY216T2N3cTNIR01VWE8walpEZ0xFbWxuZW5POWN6aHJMdUdaYU1YR2R3bklrMEczTwor U3FIMzZ2N2JsbkRoOTZSWHBnYWEraWZUSGQwcUtlb1ZYVndTcS85ak50SFNRckkrTkpjVHBNaHU3 M3h0eGhYClVGUHIvMzErSUZMV2VwQzVHRHdkdS9nUW01RTZudEd5eEUycDJ2NzZwY2p6N1NHZFhq UEZaanFla0J2ZUVKdVcKZk5kWTZOcz0KPXJkQ0EKLS0tLS1FTkQgUEdQIFBVQkxJQyBLRVkgQkxP Q0stLS0tLQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Fabio Fantoni@21:1/5 to Leandro Cunha on Sat Jan 1 11:00:01 2022
    To: berillions@gmail.com (Maxime Lombard)
    To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org

This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --------------n0Gf0jDaU5jfrOgKwWdUpoOq
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

SWwgMDEvMDEvMjAyMiAwMzozMSwgTGVhbmRybyBDdW5oYSBoYSBzY3JpdHRvOg0KPiBIaSwN Cj4NCj4gT24gVHVlLCBEZWMgMjEsIDIwMjEgYXQgNDowNiBQTSBNYXhpbWUgTG9tYmFyZCA8 YmVyaWxsaW9uc0BnbWFpbC5jb20+IHdyb3RlOg0KPj4gSGVsbG8sDQo+Pg0KPj4gSSdtIGFu IHVzZXIgb2YgRGViaWFuIHNpbmNlIDEwIHllYXJzIGFnbyBhbmQgaXQncyBvbmx5IG5vdyB0 aGF0IGkgZGVjaWRlIHRvIGhlbHAgdG8gcGFja2FnaW5nLg0KPj4gSSBzZW5kIHRoaXMgZW1h aWwgYWJvdXQgd2luZSBhbmQgd2luZS1kZXZlbG9wbWVudCBwYWNrYWdlIHdoaWNoIGFyZSBu b3QgdXBkYXRlZCBzaW5jZSBhIHZlcnkgbG9uZyB0aW1lLg0KPj4NCj4+IFRoZSBsYXN0IHdp bmUgc3RhYmxlIHZlcnNpb24gb24gU2lkIGlzIHRoZSA1LjAgYW5kIGRldmVsb3BtZW50IHZl cnNpb24gaXMgNi4wK3JlcGFjay4gQ3VycmVudGx5LCB0aGUgd2luZSBzb3VyY2UgY29kZSBp cyBmcm96ZW4gYW5kIHRoZSBuZXcgc3RhYmxlIHZlcnNpb24gNy4wIHdpbGwgcmVsZWFzZSBu ZXh0IG1vbnRoLg0KPj4gLS0+IEkgc2VudCBlbWFpbCB0byBNaWNoYWVsIEdpbGJlcnQgKHdp dGhvdXQgYW5zd2VyIGZyb20gaGltKSBhbmQgb3BlbiBhIGJ1ZyByZXBvcnQgcmVjZW50bHkg dG8gdXBkYXRlIHBhY2thZ2UuDQo+Pg0KPj4gU2FtZSB0aGluZyB3aXRoIHZrZDNkIHBhY2th Z2UgMS4yIHdoaWNoIGlzIHN0aWxsIGluICJleHBlcmltZW50YWwiIHNpbmNlIGEgbG9uZyB0 aW1lIHRvby4NCj4+IEkgdGhpbmsgaXQncyBub3QgaW4gVW5zdGFibGUgYmVjYXVzZSB0aGUg dGVzdCBmYWlsIHdpdGggbWVzYS12dWxrYW4tZHJpdmVyID49IDIxIChzZWUgY2hhbmdlbG9n KQ0KPj4gLS0+IEkgb3BlbiBhIGJ1ZyByZXBvcnQgdXBzdHJlYW0gYWJvdXQgdGhpcyBmYWls dXJlIChzZWUgaHR0cHM6Ly9idWdzLndpbmVocS5vcmcvc2hvd19idWcuY2dpP2lkPTUyMjQ4 KS4gSXMgaXQgcG9zc2libGUgdG8gYnVpbGQgdGhlIHBhY2thZ2Ugd2l0aG91dCB0byBkbyB0 ZXN0IChzZXQgLS1kaXNhYmxlLXRlc3RzIHRvIGNvbmZpZ3VyZSkgPw0KPj4NCj4+IE5vd2Fk YXlzLCB0aGUgbGFzdCBwYWNrYWdlIG9mIHdpbmUtZGV2ZWxvcG1lbnQgd2FzIHVwbG9hZGVk IH42IG1vbnRocyBhZ28uIE1vcmUgYnVncyByZXBvcnQgb3BlbmVkIHRoZSBsYXN0IG1vbnRo cyBoYXZlIG5vIGFuc3dlciBmcm9tIE1haW50YWluZXIgKDk5OTc1MywgOTk1NTgwKSwgc2Ft ZSB0aGluZyB3aXRoIHZrZDNkIGJ1ZyAoOTk0MTg2LCA5OTM1NzApDQo+Pg0KPj4gSSBwYWNr YWdlZCBteXNlbGYgdmtkM2QgMS4yLTcgIGFuZCB3aW5lLWRldmVsb3BtZW50IDcuMH5yYzIg YW5kIGFsbCB3b3JrcyBjb3JyZWN0bHkuDQo+PiBJIHVwZGF0ZWQgZGViaWFuIGZvbGRlciBm b3Igd2luZSB0byBwcmVwYXJlIHRoZSBuZXh0IFN0YWJsZSB2ZXJzaW9uLg0KPj4NCj4+IE15 IHF1ZXN0aW9uIGlzLCBob3cgdG8gY29udHJpYnV0ZSBhbmQgaG9wZSB0byBoYXZlIHVwZGF0 ZWQgdmVyc2lvbiBvZiB0aGlzIHBhY2thZ2UgaW4gRGViaWFuIHNpbmNlIEkgYW0gYSBub3Zp Y2UgPw0KPj4NCj4+IFRoYW5rcyBmb3IgeW91ciBhbnN3ZXIsDQo+PiAgICAgICAgICAgICBN YXhpbWUNCj4gWWVzLCB0aGVyZSBhcmUgc29tZSBwYWNrYWdlcyB0aGF0IGhhdmVuJ3QgYmVl biB1cGRhdGVkIGZvciBhIHdoaWxlLg0KPiBPbmUgb2YgdGhlbSBpcyB0aGUgcmV0cm9hcmNo IHRoYXQgbmV4dCB5ZWFyIGNvbXBsZXRlcyBpdHMgc2Vjb25kIHdpdGhvdXQNCj4gdXBkYXRl cyBhbmQgdGhlIGNocm9taXVtLg0KPiBBbmQgSSBiZWxpZXZlIGl0IGlzIG9wZW4gdG8gYW55 b25lIHdobyB3YW50cyB0byBjb250cmlidXRlLg0KPiBUaGVyZSBhcmUgc29tZSBwcm9jZXNz ZXMgc3VjaCBhcyBJVFMsIE5NVSwgUUEgKG9ycGhhbiBwYWNrYWdlcykgYW5kIHRlYW0NCj4g dXBsb2FkIChmb3IgcGFja2FnZXMga2VwdCBpbiB0ZWFtcyB3aGVyZSBpdCBpcyBuZWNlc3Nh cnkgdG8gd29yayB3aXRoDQo+IHNvbWVvbmUgb24gdGhlIHRlYW0gb3IgYmUgcGFydCBvZiB0 aGUgdGVhbSkuDQo+DQo+IEkgdXN1YWxseSBoZWxwIHdpdGggUUEgd29yayBhbmQgdGVhbSB1 cGxvYWRzLiBCdXQgSSBkaWQgZGVhbCB3aXRoIElUUyBvbmNlLg0KPg0KPiBGdWxsIHJlZmVy ZW5jZSBvbiB0aGlzLg0KPiBodHRwczovL3d3dy5kZWJpYW4ub3JnL2RvYy9tYW51YWxzL2Rl dmVsb3BlcnMtcmVmZXJlbmNlL3BrZ3MuZW4uaHRtbCNtYW5hZ2luZy1wYWNrYWdlcw0KPiBo dHRwczovL3d3dy5kZWJpYW4ub3JnL2RldmVsL3ducHANCj4gaHR0cHM6Ly93aWtpLmRlYmlh bi5vcmcvV05QUA0KPiBodHRwczovL3ducHAuZGViaWFuLm5ldA0KPg0KPiBJIHJlbWVtYmVy IHRoaW5raW5nIHRoYXQgaXQgd2FzIG5lY2Vzc2FyeSB0byBiZSBhIERNIG9yIEREIHRvDQo+ IGNvbnRyaWJ1dGUgdG8gRGViaWFuDQo+IGFuZCBvdmVyIHRpbWUgSSByZWFsaXplZCBJIHdh cyB3cm9uZy4NCg0KSSBhbHNvIGNvbnRyaWJ1dGluZyBmb3IgNyB5ZWFycyBvbmx5IHZpYSBn aXQgKGFsaW90aCBhbmQgc2Fsc2EpIHdpdGhvdXQgDQpiZWluZyBETSBidXQgaW4gc29tZSBj YXNlcyBhcyBJIGhhdmUgc2VlbiByZWNlbnRseSB3aXRoIGRlYmlhbi1jaW5uYW1vbiANCnBh Y2thZ2VzIHdoZXJlIHdoZW4gdGhpcyB5ZWFyIGluIHRoZSB0ZWFtIHRoZXJlIHdhcyBzb21l IG1vbnRocyB3aXRoIG5vIA0KREQvRE0gKHdpdGggdXBsb2FkIHBlcm1pc3Npb24pIGFjdGl2 ZSBpdCB3YXMgZGlmZmljdWx0IHRvIGZpbmQgc29tZW9uZSANCndobyBzcG9uc29yZWQgdGhl IHVwbG9hZHMgKHdpdGggdGhlIG1ham9yIHZlcnNpb25zIHRoZXJlIGFyZSB1cCB0byAxNS0x NiANCmNvbXBvbmVudHMgdG8gYmUgdXBsb2FkZWQgYXQgdGhlIHNhbWUgdGltZSkgdGhlIHdv cmsgcHJlcGFyZWQgdG9vayB1cCB0byANCmEgbW9udGggdG8gYmUgdXBsb2FkZWQgKG5vdyB0 aGUgcHJvYmxlbSBoYXMganVzdCBiZWVuIHNvbHZlZCkNCg0KQE1heGltZTogU28gcHJvYmFi bHkgaWYgeW91IHN0YXJ0IGNvbnRyaWJ1dGluZyByZWd1bGFybHkgSSB0aGluayBpdCBpcyAN CmJldHRlciB0aGF0IHlvdSBzdGFydCBjcmVhdGluZyBhbiBhY2NvdW50IG9uIGh0dHBzOi8v bm0uZGViaWFuLm9yZy8gYW5kIA0KY3JlYXRlIGEgZ3BnIGtleSB3aXRoIHdoaWNoIHRvIHNp Z24gdGhlIHdvcmsgZG9uZSB0byBzcGVlZCB1cCBhIHBvc3NpYmxlIA0KdHJhbnNpdGlvbiB0 byBETSBpbiB0aGUgZnV0dXJlIGlmIHNpdHVhdGlvbnMgc3VjaCBhcyBtaW5lIHdpbGwgaGFw cGVuIA0KKG1vcmVvdmVyIGluIGEgcGVyaW9kIHdpdGggcGFydGljdWxhciBvdGhlciB1bmZv cmVzZWVuIGV2ZW50cywgaW5jbHVkaW5nIA0KYWJvdmUgYWxsIHRoZSBjb3JvbmF2aXJ1cyB0 aGF0IGNvbXBsaWNhdGUgdGhpbmdzKQ0KDQphYm91dCBkaXNhYmxpbmcgdGVzdHMgdHJ5IHRv IGFkZCBhbiBvdmVycmlkZSB0byBkZWJpYW4vcnVsZXM6DQoNCj4gb3ZlcnJpZGVfZGhfYXV0 b190ZXN0Og0KPiA6ICMgZGlzYWJsZSBpdA0KSW4gYW55IGNhc2UgYmlnIHRoYW5rcyBmb3Ig eW91ciBoZWxwIGltcHJvdmluZy91cGRhdGluZyBwYWNrYWdlcywgd2luZSBJIA0KaGFkIGFs cmVhZHkgc2VlbiB0aGF0IGl0IHdvdWxkIG5lZWQgaGVscCBhbmQgaXQgd291bGQgYmUgdXNl ZnVsIHRvIGFsc28gDQpoYXZlIHRoZSBsYXRlc3Qgc3RhYmxlIHZlcnNpb25zIGluIHRoZSBi YWNrcG9ydHMgKG9ubHkgaWYgdGhlcmUgaXMgDQpyZWFsbHkgZW5vdWdoIHRpbWUgYWZ0ZXIg dXBkYXRpbmcgLyBpbXByb3ZpbmcgdGhlIHBhY2thZ2VzKSBidXQgDQp1bmZvcnR1bmF0ZWx5 IEkgZG9uJ3QgaGF2ZSBlbm91Z2ggdGltZSB0byBjb250cmlidXRlIHRvIHRob3NlIHRvbw0K DQo+DQo+IEhhcHB5IDIwMjIhIDspDQo+DQoNCg==

--------------n0Gf0jDaU5jfrOgKwWdUpoOq--

wsF5BAABCAAjFiEELEHRfLe4S9D5+1GzaAZorpB/EB0FAmHQJdsFAwAAAAAACgkQaAZorpB/EB0Q ZQ/+L2FMgvtS7P/OBp1F7vO2MauIHYdxdvP1uNWv8JG3bMtvt4+WxRxNwXiy5BPOV/Gi1dUSpLUW U+4+WcA3e8r4Uk151i5cFsBqWxTWrj1sGakrt+Zu+cQQy7gvzGeQEuZyUlNM6dYkGlfJmFDB6AON XCqSwySWo0fB44Ms+TwJ844HfY0lGNjzywMTbehzSZowu3JoDWCWAkvlDZ18XFfWTiCRHgDkOHmT yoIgqLWgdh06DGzG/3E7AH5f6nTyGs/pCpLmL12RiOxkLhh7DpsbfBzRbi+vh93Ml7CwFr4gEUwf VsnryZJQTQi/kiCM9e3psor7DI7gGkUOdCvibHTeeo5SH1WeVKjCIEM83UDaS1T0dt0K/kd3EEyK CqISdjpRgzwAyo3Laz6Lq1dENNV74wKPgutcYFrwFwXVSXPp5XVCommeDjTP7cL6+lfFTbC4+uj3 9vBo+3qRQRZNYo7p59fkIA5N2VY3xpi7ueufPNOJLw2R1ABFJnhy64E2Di1m2BoiWurSWzwdeCgd vBqsumLNIZpO380MdhPOlsDsVL+vwm/E/F7E+3MkgXSIMm37obAf4NRCqbHXzNOOpJjktyv5hnNz G09pdC7qUqwi7thW3XCDKj5hIeUPQQCJ+9SaEUZtmUkf/fPkpAZFkZXkpYaKDymC0PZw1VpMB706 OiM=
    =5qOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Maxime Lombard@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 1 14:20:02 2022
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your answers.
    I have an other question about Wine source.

Since wine-6.20, some librairies are included in wine source like jpeg/faudio/xml2/zlib and others (see https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/tree/HEAD:/libs) to be used as PE (mingw) build-dep.
    If i read the Upstream Guide, it's not possible to include third party code (https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#No_inclusion_of_third_party_code)
    So the question is, do i need to create package for all these build as
    PE package like libz-mingw-w64 OR i can preserve these 3rd-party code ?

Thanks

Le sam. 1 janv. 2022 à 10:58, Fabio Fantoni <fantonifabio@tiscali.it> a
    écrit :

Il 01/01/2022 03:31, Leandro Cunha ha scritto:
    Hi,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 4:06 PM Maxime Lombard <berillions@gmail.com>
    wrote:
    Hello,

I'm an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it's only now that i
    decide to help to packaging.

The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development version
    is 6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new stable version 7.0 will release next month.
    I sent email to Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and open
    a bug report recently to update package.

Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in "experimental"
    since a long time too.
    I think it's not in Unstable because the test fail with
    mesa-vulkan-driver >= 21 (see changelog)
    I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248). Is it possible to build

Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months
    ago. More bugs report opened the last months have no answer from Maintainer (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)

I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7 and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all
    works correctly.

My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of
    this package in Debian since I am a novice ?

Thanks for your answer,
    Maxime
    Yes, there are some packages that haven't been updated for a while.
    One of them is the retroarch that next year completes its second without updates and the chromium.
    And I believe it is open to anyone who wants to contribute.
    There are some processes such as ITS, NMU, QA (orphan packages) and team upload (for packages kept in teams where it is necessary to work with someone on the team or be part of the team).

I usually help with QA work and team uploads. But I did deal with ITS
    once.

Full reference on this.

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#managing-packages
    https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp
    https://wiki.debian.org/WNPP
    https://wnpp.debian.net

I remember thinking that it was necessary to be a DM or DD to
    contribute to Debian
    and over time I realized I was wrong.

I also contributing for 7 years only via git (alioth and salsa) without
    being DM but in some cases as I have seen recently with debian-cinnamon packages where when this year in the team there was some months with no
    DD/DM (with upload permission) active it was difficult to find someone
    who sponsored the uploads (with the major versions there are up to 15-16 components to be uploaded at the same time) the work prepared took up to
    a month to be uploaded (now the problem has just been solved)

@Maxime: So probably if you start contributing regularly I think it is
    better that you start creating an account on https://nm.debian.org/ and create a gpg key with which to sign the work done to speed up a possible transition to DM in the future if situations such as mine will happen (moreover in a period with particular other unforeseen events, including above all the coronavirus that complicate things)

about disabling tests try to add an override to debian/rules:

override_dh_auto_test:
    : # disable it
    In any case big thanks for your help improving/updating packages, wine I
    had already seen that it would need help and it would be useful to also
    have the latest stable versions in the backports (only if there is
    really enough time after updating / improving the packages) but
    unfortunately I don't have enough time to contribute to those too

Happy 2022! ;)

<div dir="ltr"><div>Hi guys,</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks for your answers.</div><div>I have an other question about Wine source. <br></div><div><br></div><div>Since wine-6.20, some librairies are included in wine source like jpeg/faudio/xml2/zlib and
    others (see <a href="https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/tree/HEAD:/libs">https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/tree/HEAD:/libs</a>) to be used as PE (mingw) build-dep.<br></div><div>If i read the Upstream Guide, it&#39;s not possible to include
    third party code (<a href="https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#No_inclusion_of_third_party_code">https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#No_inclusion_of_third_party_code</a>) <br></div><div>--&gt; So the question is, do i need to create package for all
    these build as PE package like libz-mingw-w64 OR i can preserve these 3rd-party code ?</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks<br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Le sam. 1 janv. 2022 à 10:58, Fabio Fantoni &lt;<a
    href="mailto:fantonifabio@tiscali.it">fantonifabio@tiscali.it</a>&gt; a écrit :<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Il 01/01/2022 03:31, Leandro Cunha ha
    scritto:<br>
    &gt; Hi,<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 4:06 PM Maxime Lombard &lt;<a href="mailto:berillions@gmail.com" target="_blank">berillions@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
    &gt;&gt; Hello,<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; I&#39;m an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it&#39;s only now that i decide to help to packaging.<br>
    &gt;&gt; I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not updated since a very long time.<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; The last wine stable version on Sid is the 5.0 and development version is 6.0+repack. Currently, the wine source code is frozen and the new stable version 7.0 will release next month.<br>
    &gt;&gt; --&gt; I sent email to Michael Gilbert (without answer from him) and open a bug report recently to update package.<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; Same thing with vkd3d package 1.2 which is still in &quot;experimental&quot; since a long time too.<br>
    &gt;&gt; I think it&#39;s not in Unstable because the test fail with mesa-vulkan-driver &gt;= 21 (see changelog)<br>
    &gt;&gt; --&gt; I open a bug report upstream about this failure (see <a href="https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52248</a>). Is it possible to build the package without
    to do test (set --disable-tests to configure) ?<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago. More bugs report opened the last months have no answer from Maintainer (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; I packaged myself vkd3d 1.2-7  and wine-development 7.0~rc2 and all works correctly.<br>
    &gt;&gt; I updated debian folder for wine to prepare the next Stable version.<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; My question is, how to contribute and hope to have updated version of this package in Debian since I am a novice ?<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; Thanks for your answer,<br>
    &gt;&gt;             Maxime<br>
    &gt; Yes, there are some packages that haven&#39;t been updated for a while.<br>
    &gt; One of them is the retroarch that next year completes its second without<br>
    &gt; updates and the chromium.<br>
    &gt; And I believe it is open to anyone who wants to contribute.<br>
    &gt; There are some processes such as ITS, NMU, QA (orphan packages) and team<br>
    &gt; upload (for packages kept in teams where it is necessary to work with<br> &gt; someone on the team or be part of the team).<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; I usually help with QA work and team uploads. But I did deal with ITS once.<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; Full reference on this.<br>
    &gt; <a href="https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#managing-packages" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#managing-packages</a><br>
    &gt; <a href="https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp</a><br>
    &gt; <a href="https://wiki.debian.org/WNPP" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://wiki.debian.org/WNPP</a><br>
    &gt; <a href="https://wnpp.debian.net" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://wnpp.debian.net</a><br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; I remember thinking that it was necessary to be a DM or DD to<br>
    &gt; contribute to Debian<br>
    &gt; and over time I realized I was wrong.<br>

I also contributing for 7 years only via git (alioth and salsa) without <br> being DM but in some cases as I have seen recently with debian-cinnamon <br> packages where when this year in the team there was some months with no <br> DD/DM (with upload permission) active it was difficult to find someone <br>
    who sponsored the uploads (with the major versions there are up to 15-16 <br> components to be uploaded at the same time) the work prepared took up to <br>
    a month to be uploaded (now the problem has just been solved)<br>

@Maxime: So probably if you start contributing regularly I think it is <br> better that you start creating an account on <a href="https://nm.debian.org/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://nm.debian.org/</a> and <br>
    create a gpg key with which to sign the work done to speed up a possible <br> transition to DM in the future if situations such as mine will happen <br> (moreover in a period with particular other unforeseen events, including <br> above all the coronavirus that complicate things)<br>

about disabling tests try to add an override to debian/rules:<br>

&gt; override_dh_auto_test:<br>
    &gt; : # disable it<br>
    In any case big thanks for your help improving/updating packages, wine I <br> had already seen that it would need help and it would be useful to also <br> have the latest stable versions in the backports (only if there is <br>
    really enough time after updating / improving the packages) but <br> unfortunately I don&#39;t have enough time to contribute to those too<br>

&gt;<br>
    &gt; Happy 2022! ;)<br>
    &gt;<br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zebediah Figura@21:1/5 to Andrey Rahmatullin on Sun Jan 2 18:10:02 2022
    On 12/31/21 18:18, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
    On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 02:47:22PM -0600, Zebediah Figura wrote:

Michael did that because vkd3d tests fails during building. I don't know >>>> why because it fails with mesa 20 too.

I opened a bug report upstream and wine/vkd3d developer told me that there >>>> is this issue because of nobody has the same GPU (someone can have the >>>> error and someone else not)
    The tests shouldn't access the GPU though so it shouldn't depend on actual >>> hardware.

Sorry, can you please clarify? libvkd3d is essentially a GPU driver (well, >> translation layer), so its tests need to access the GPU or they're
    meaningless.
    OK, if the tests need access to actual hardware then they must be turned
    off during the package build process.
    need hardware too)

Is there a codified set of guidelines for what a test can and can't do?

In theory we can also run our tests with a software renderer; I haven't
    tried to do that yet (and the only available Vulkan software renderer
    does not work very well yet) but if that's acceptable it seems better
    than skipping them entirely.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Andrey Rahmatullin@21:1/5 to Zebediah Figura on Sun Jan 2 20:10:02 2022
    On Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 11:07:10AM -0600, Zebediah Figura wrote:

The tests shouldn't access the GPU though so it shouldn't depend on actual
    hardware.

Sorry, can you please clarify? libvkd3d is essentially a GPU driver (well,
    translation layer), so its tests need to access the GPU or they're meaningless.
    OK, if the tests need access to actual hardware then they must be turned off during the package build process.
    need hardware too)

A build time test can do only what a package build process can do, which,
    while I don't think this part is codified, certainly cannot rely on even presence of specific hardware.

--
    WBR, wRAR

iQJhBAABCgBLFiEEolIP6gqGcKZh3YxVM2L3AxpJkuEFAmHR9mctFIAAAAAAFQAP cGthLWFkZHJlc3NAZ251cGcub3Jnd3JhckBkZWJpYW4ub3JnAAoJEDNi9wMaSZLh CD8QAIjfzjtDy8E5Rt2epnTnJFvMQSomsB/Ic4FAfRVdwHBskuvPZtjGumt5GKO3 Sm/IGNBhF8+3pQn15DFT5ieK+GIG2U3pLhUh0dw2hDjq+OY2Uuil+2HfUnaWwVBy EVqEMbJdr53MwR6Zd8tEytUek7k1bxbHI79UVIxEtSOJulqHrX2ltwVpj4lEp1vh RovGIYa2gXc62PQRq2+rIOLSVzIzre1zdT4ATNS16JKxqyAI/OrSPCUAuS9Ptugp iNjB5SGRoV2s4iaz+pFxHGvOFeQEiETpvaMU0f+an7wcTi76/RCQfQCT6grqUhLC 110Ey+a43saqw74BTdlHEGHnHc9f+fvzV1/MbZUUHaN/p51DqfIDzurr+M2MbMdt VTqOlfzX5MdFcyMiJUH/pdqsbK+VZWlYzeVHrIDvQhIAqge57e3Es2M2e+iOxZS5 PRD1A442b4dBCfrhRP/SmGU/958WbEw/STTaGp85LjLNwnQH72dPwC6H7oVsraay 32HRdLTEbix2vzG3z869aKcuf+2gCWvsn2JdZg5PLjm+LQpp9HWH4t49R0zNNYCd 8rooxtsbFKgy0xdSFCl2q2VUPjysy2kQVNZ6XLz6gudqehn+sDZolsnpTD1hZdf6 Yao/hGfzkCKUocsBR4Jzq3c0L51anQPUO9F9oW+yH48KTCU+
    =lmHJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zebediah Figura@21:1/5 to Andrey Rahmatullin on Sun Jan 2 21:20:02 2022
    On 1/2/22 13:00, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
    On Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 11:07:10AM -0600, Zebediah Figura wrote:

Michael did that because vkd3d tests fails during building. I don't know >>>>>> why because it fails with mesa 20 too.

is this issue because of nobody has the same GPU (someone can have the >>>>>> error and someone else not)
    The tests shouldn't access the GPU though so it shouldn't depend on actual
    hardware.

Sorry, can you please clarify? libvkd3d is essentially a GPU driver (well, >>>> translation layer), so its tests need to access the GPU or they're
    meaningless.
    OK, if the tests need access to actual hardware then they must be turned >>> off during the package build process.
    need hardware too)

A build time test can do only what a package build process can do, which, while I don't think this part is codified, certainly cannot rely on even presence of specific hardware.

For what it's worth, we don't exactly rely on the presence of specific hardware. We run the tests with whatever GPU is available, and should
    skip them if none is.

There are test failures because of subtle differences in the hardware,
    or driver versions. Ideally our tests should pass on all hardware and
    drivers, but that's hard if not impossible to guarantee.

If it makes a difference I can provide a patch that will let the tests
    pass on Debian hardware.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05