• src:developers-reference, call for patches, bug fixes & translations

From Holger Levsen@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 6 20:50:01 2023
    hi,

so I've uploaded src:developers-reference 12.17 today, marking the 17th
    upload during the bookworm release cycle - and I'm not done with src:developers-reference and bookworm yet, though further updates will
    only change the documentation itself and it's translations.

During the bullseye development cycle there were 22 uploads, during
    the buster development cycle 7 uploads and for stretch there were 4.
    I'm not going back further, since I hope you'll get my point already: src:developers-reference is in active maintenance again! \o/

& many thanks to everyone who contributed to these uploads!

Still, https://bugs.debian.org/src:developers-reference lists 40 open bugs,
    of which approximitly at least 23 just need 30-60min attention, probably less. So if you're bored during the freeze, please help a bit. ;)

And please, feel free to either send a patch to any of these bugs, open
    a MR on salsa or just commit and push to salsa directly if you're confident
    the change is sensible. (The package is in the Debian group on salsa,
    and there's a slightly more verbose README.contributing.)

And then, the five existing translations could use some updates:

Stats for de: 1276 translated messages, 45 fuzzy translations, 53 untranslated messages.
    Stats for fr: 1286 translated messages, 39 fuzzy translations, 49 untranslated messages.
    Stats for it: 869 translated messages, 46 fuzzy translations, 459 untranslated messages.
    Stats for ja: 891 translated messages, 26 fuzzy translations, 457 untranslated messages.
    Stats for ru: 870 translated messages, 44 fuzzy translations, 460 untranslated messages.

(I don't plan to add any new translations during bookworm development, except maybe if a complete new translation pops up.)

I'd appreciate forwarding this mail to the appropriate translation mailing lists *and* cc:ing me on those mails, so in future I can notify them myself.

Last and least, there's a single page HTML version available again, eg on https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/developers-reference.html
    which could be linked from https://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#devref again. (I'll reply to this mail turning this paragraph into a bug report against www.debian.org :)

Feedback very much welcome.

--
    cheers,
    Holger

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
    ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
    ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
    ⠈⠳⣄

Smart things make us dumb.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAABCgAdFiEEuL9UE3sJ01zwJv6dCRq4VgaaqhwFAmQGQx4ACgkQCRq4Vgaa qhxApA//Xd+fADLMCwc2JvNpbOXGjSnYXQtDP5SXzjErBolmU+UMmakNcVDmpQnc lHiIpyizESaHwQkmFmhkuxGNVvUXBydbcpHekS6aF4GslWLJw87am2X3sAPN7U8l TVy3VkdMPKNoIjYNb57VSIRP/hfh+uh5Dt5aOV3escpxp58TQUQU3Txa1lgxsT86 hfj8HnndFqPcqOsfxYS9bn4mVeIVk37QNG/IgsafnDJW8ulw3GNbJ8c9u9dtsdXq AVcsgfK3pizLebi9JxYpbswy9msqfvydDucSR19sJwJAgfjRTuUCjN9IPIiEHArc JfBJ7E9GnKfXaIHMcd3LhYAKX25onb3cnDr0BbInUfwiQeSgytg3BfOVqF43Ng4+ 7BSumra2GW8E1nJy4QSO3nlD8V+/Hp4XERCWzPZ10DFzwOSIRexJuuQtPCLOQgpF t9TY0/2wgoKh7G06tJgWie4AX0Cnx8Y9iIy8bTAd6KaLfdvoseakmyJ9nuqDZpt7 VFzpDL+cDPJQsCWRbd+lf145z7otl+sp6jH+6WxpoLK3VC21IohvJdsQx4bDZ7Ov 65dWOKIq+WtHUrnp25R0pF4eAONgQSmkq7qNZ3vEzLI0aU4XYxIp93mPIQ4YDo2m NF5Ob54fsPKFZ09b47AU
  • From Sean Whitton@21:1/5 to Holger Levsen on Fri Mar 24 20:30:01 2023
    Hello,

On Mon 06 Mar 2023 at 07:46PM GMT, Holger Levsen wrote:

so I've uploaded src:developers-reference 12.17 today, marking the 17th upload during the bookworm release cycle - and I'm not done with src:developers-reference and bookworm yet, though further updates will
    only change the documentation itself and it's translations.

During the bullseye development cycle there were 22 uploads, during
    the buster development cycle 7 uploads and for stretch there were 4.
    I'm not going back further, since I hope you'll get my point already: src:developers-reference is in active maintenance again! \o/

& many thanks to everyone who contributed to these uploads!

Thank you for your leadership, Holger.

And then, the five existing translations could use some updates:

Stats for de: 1276 translated messages, 45 fuzzy translations, 53 untranslated messages.
    Stats for fr: 1286 translated messages, 39 fuzzy translations, 49 untranslated messages.
    Stats for it: 869 translated messages, 46 fuzzy translations, 459 untranslated messages.
    Stats for ja: 891 translated messages, 26 fuzzy translations, 457 untranslated messages.
    Stats for ru: 870 translated messages, 44 fuzzy translations, 460 untranslated messages.

I hope you won't mind me noting here that we'd also like to see Policy translated. We've got all the infra, but not too much interest in
    working on it so far.

--
    Sean Whitton

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)