• Re: [DEVEL] Enable support for Renesas platform (section: live images)

From Roland Clobus@21:1/5 to =?UTF-8?B?SHXhu7NuaCBUaMOgbmggSMawb on Mon Nov 21 21:40:01 2022
    To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
    To: pabs@debian.org (Paul Wise)
    To: debian-live@lists.debian.org (Debian-live mailing list)

This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --------------XRgkfKw8mLbFtO3RErTDBB72
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

T24gMTkvMTEvMjAyMiAwOTo1NiwgUGF1bCBXaXNlIHdyb3RlOg0KPiBPbiBGcmksIDIwMjIt MTEtMTggYXQgMTU6MjAgKzA3MDAsIEh14buzbmggVGjDoG5oIEjGsG5nIHdyb3RlOg0KPj4g SeKAmW0gZnJvbSBSZW5lc2FzIEVsZWN0cm9uaWNzIENvcnBvcmF0aW9uLA0KDQo+PiBNeSBn cm91cCBpcyBkZXZlbG9waW5nIHRvIHN1cHBvcnQgcnVubmluZyBEZWJpYW4gT1Mgb24gb3Vy IGRldmljZXMsDQo+PiBhbHNvIGZvcsKgZ2V0dGluZyBBUk0gU3lzdGVtIFJlYWR5IElSIGNl cnRpZmljYXRlLg0KLi4uDQo+PiBDYW4geW91IGhlbHAgbWUgdG8gZW5hYmxlIHRob3NlIGNv bmZpZ3MsIGFsc28gc3VwcG9ydCB0aGUgb2ZmaWNpYWwNCj4+IHJlbGVhc2UgdmVyc2lvbiBv ZiBEZWJpYW4gTGl2ZSBJbnN0YWxsZXIgSVNPIHdoaWNoIHN1cHBvcnQgUmVuZXNhcw0KPj4g cGxhdGZvcm0/DQo+IA0KPiBEZWJpYW4gZG9lcyBub3QgeWV0IHN1cHBvcnQgdGhlIEFSTSBh cmNoaXRlY3R1cmUgYXQgYWxsIHdpdGggb3VyIGxpdmUNCj4gaW1hZ2VzLCBwbGVhc2UgY29u dGFjdCB0aGUgRGViaWFuIExpdmUgVGVhbSBhYm91dCB0aGF0LiBDdXJyZW50bHkgdGhlDQo+ IGxpdmUgaW1hZ2VzIGZvciB0aGUgZnV0dXJlIERlYmlhbiBib29rd29ybSByZWxlYXNlIGFy ZSBub3QgYmVpbmcgYnVpbHQsDQo+IGJ1dCB0aGF0IG1heSBjaGFuZ2UgYmVmb3JlIHRoZSBm aW5hbCByZWxlYXNlLg0KPiANCj4gaHR0cHM6Ly93aWtpLmRlYmlhbi5vcmcvVGVhbXMvTGl2 ZQ0KDQpJIHBvc3RlZCBhIHN1bW1hcnkgYWJvdXQgdGhlIGN1cnJlbnQgc3RhdHVzIG9mIHRo ZSBsaXZlIGltYWdlcyBhIGZldyANCm1pbnV0ZXMgYWdvOiBodHRwczovL2xpc3RzLmRlYmlh bi5vcmcvZGViaWFuLWRldmVsLzIwMjIvMTEvbXNnMDAyMjEuaHRtbA0KDQpHaXZlbiB0aGF0 IERlYmlhbiBTdGFibGUgKGhlbmNlIGl0cyBuYW1lKSBpcyBzdGFibGUgYW5kIHdpbGwgcmVj ZWl2ZSBidWcgDQpmaXhlcywgYnV0IG5vdCB0eXBpY2FsbHkgYWRkaXRpb25hbCBmZWF0dXJl cywgSSB3b3VsZCByZWNvbW1lbmQgeW91IHRvIA0KdGFyZ2V0IEJvb2t3b3JtICh0aGUgbmV4 dCByZWxlYXNlKS4NCg0KSWYgeW91IHdhbnQgdG8gY3JlYXRlIGxpdmUgaW1hZ2VzLCBJIHJl Y29tbWVuZCB5b3UgdG8gdGFrZSBhIGxvb2sgYXQgdGhlIA0Kb25saW5lIG1hbnVhbCBhdCAN Cmh0dHBzOi8vbGl2ZS10ZWFtLnBhZ2VzLmRlYmlhbi5uZXQvbGl2ZS1tYW51YWwvaHRtbC9s aXZlLW1hbnVhbC9pbmRleC5lbi5odG1sDQpUaGUgc2NyaXB0cyBjYW4gYmUgaGlnaGx5IGN1 c3RvbWlzZWQsIGUuZy4gdG8gY29udGFpbiBjdXN0b20ga2VybmVscyANCihzZWUgOC4yLjEw KQ0KDQpXaXRoIGtpbmQgcmVnYXJkcywNClJvbGFuZCBDbG9idXMNCg==

--------------XRgkfKw8mLbFtO3RErTDBB72--

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAEBCgAdFiEEUFVLM5Bdj7GSJEb+YsV8aqYUlb0FAmN74AEACgkQYsV8aqYU lb1viA/+L+9EZ4n8CqeGY0FjUeCYPyInXKsTVaCd0d6ooaWvNocd6itg7JdZAT1/ TcQydW1fushPpmtrbSBXu8DJJuin82cO00pKoEHqGa40WnWBJpmEOSsMp1kfoow3 Xrm7h9sML3oMcCaJLV8rpuYu06MBSOXHzbaVDTal+WMjzmnh8UYcFNLj6OzlHZ3T nJjK4yNbnhE3kz+A+rgrBP28ktNOyiPMABqFjZNPSOpytroBH2YlQvfaixMNGs9v 1pwKRfNAKQ+jKq4SgVtxB44/sMY+qyBANSJWyNMI+8qW0yU7CqSBwaAsdSfZIhwm qixsBTjmFJfqHanUfhCjXMMbylgrsadpqQvinfXJRabR2G31ltiQKUOu7TlJLHDX /Bsmu+cnO8gdJRoR9uqJ4xEQEZTMp9l5ichKcLELKrftiIN/bISRC9MUo7qoBrKL yVx2FOjW/fwLFSEpBhQmbPAgURMRrVc3SHQfq2sOPuJccjld9DjDh3eF6D7g1Hwt M8breox6thCeTunzkANjZJvKpyWdGRqhQhd3jfOZekydzI3NHAQYgUv+bYTPTLcy 1ScyPvkHlk+3RGoLfwLaB/6418OTewAx54k4EpzkPSoo7HIZxcwZWkZESV2gfOz6 ks6Rzo68cbwnDVuCfKeGh0CViqEyozTp1Zqvp+auq9aqpa60X0Y=
    =A5kZ
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?B?SHXhu7NuaCBUaMOgbmggSMawb@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 22 03:00:01 2022
    Hi all,

Special thanks to all of you, your replies really help me to know what I
    need to do.
    Weekly build image will help me reach to the target sooner than "Bookworm version".

I'm able to install/boot-up and use Debian OS on Renesas device (HiHope
    RZ/G2M) with my defconfig.
    So I will figure out the procedure/process flow in Debian Development next.

Best Regards,
    Hung Huynh

Vào Th 3, 22 thg 11, 2022 vào lúc 03:31 Roland Clobus <rclobus@rclobus.nl> đã viết:

On 19/11/2022 09:56, Paul Wise wrote:
    On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 15:20 +0700, Huỳnh Thành Hưng wrote:
    I’m from Renesas Electronics Corporation,

My group is developing to support running Debian OS on our devices,
    also for getting ARM System Ready IR certificate.
    Can you help me to enable those configs, also support the official
    release version of Debian Live Installer ISO which support Renesas
    platform?

Debian does not yet support the ARM architecture at all with our live images, please contact the Debian Live Team about that. Currently the
    live images for the future Debian bookworm release are not being built,
    but that may change before the final release.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Live

I posted a summary about the current status of the live images a few
    minutes ago: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2022/11/msg00221.html

Given that Debian Stable (hence its name) is stable and will receive bug fixes, but not typically additional features, I would recommend you to
    target Bookworm (the next release).

If you want to create live images, I recommend you to take a look at the online manual at

https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/index.en.html The scripts can be highly customised, e.g. to contain custom kernels
    (see 8.2.10)

With kind regards,
    Roland Clobus

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">Hi all, </div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">Special thanks to all of you, your replies really help me to know what I need to do.</div><div dir="ltr">Weekly build image will help me reach to the target sooner than
    &quot;Bookworm version&quot;.</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">I&#39;m able to install/boot-up and use Debian OS on Renesas device (HiHope RZ/G2M) with my defconfig.</div><div>So I will figure out the procedure/process flow in Debian
    Development next.</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr"><div>Best Regards,</div><div>Hung Huynh</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Vào Th 3, 22 thg 11, 2022 vào lúc 03:31 Roland
    Clobus &lt;<a href="mailto:rclobus@rclobus.nl" target="_blank">rclobus@rclobus.nl</a>&gt; đã viết:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 19/11/2022 09:56,
    Paul Wise wrote:<br>
    &gt; On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 15:20 +0700, Huỳnh Thành Hưng wrote:<br> &gt;&gt; I’m from Renesas Electronics Corporation,<br>

&gt;&gt; My group is developing to support running Debian OS on our devices,<br>
    &gt;&gt; also for getting ARM System Ready IR certificate.<br>
    ...<br>
    &gt;&gt; Can you help me to enable those configs, also support the official<br> &gt;&gt; release version of Debian Live Installer ISO which support Renesas<br> &gt;&gt; platform?<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; Debian does not yet support the ARM architecture at all with our live<br> &gt; images, please contact the Debian Live Team about that. Currently the<br> &gt; live images for the future Debian bookworm release are not being built,<br>
    &gt; but that may change before the final release.<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; <a href="https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Live" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Live</a><br>

I posted a summary about the current status of the live images a few <br> minutes ago: <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2022/11/msg00221.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2022/11/msg00221.html</a><br>

Given that Debian Stable (hence its name) is stable and will receive bug <br> fixes, but not typically additional features, I would recommend you to <br> target Bookworm (the next release).<br>

If you want to create live images, I recommend you to take a look at the <br> online manual at <br>
    <a href="https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/index.en.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/index.en.html</a><br>
    The scripts can be highly customised, e.g. to contain custom kernels <br>
    (see 8.2.10)<br>

With kind regards,<br>
    Roland Clobus<br>
    </blockquote></div><br clear="all"><div><br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sam Hartman@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 22 04:40:01 2022
    "Huỳnh" == Huỳnh Thành Hưng <hunght.vn8@gmail.com> writes:

Huỳnh> Hi all, Special thanks to all of you, your replies really
    Huỳnh> help me to know what I need to do. Weekly build image will
    Huỳnh> help me reach to the target sooner than "Bookworm version".

Let us clarify a bit.
    Our hope is that you will work with us using the weekly builds to submit changes so that when the bookworm version is released, you and all your
    users can use it on your hardware.
    Because after bookworm freezes, changes like kernel config become more difficult, and changes like kernel patches become very difficult.
    So, if you work today, and are lucky, when bookworm comes out next year,
    it will support your hardware out of the box.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05