• Bug#1053549: Create a Debian theme for documentation based in Sphinx (r

From James Addison@21:1/5 to Holger on Fri Apr 12 00:00:02 2024
    XPost: linux.debian.www

Hi Holger,

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 13:00:43 +0200, Holger wrote:
    The only thing which is not working currently, is the search functionality, but since that's not theme-specific I guess (please correct me, if I'm wrong), I close this bug.

The theme looks great, and I agree with closing this bug. However, so that
    we don't overlook another potential python3-sphinx bug: could you report the problem that you encountered? (I contribute to upstream and may be able to help with investigating that)

Thanks,
    James

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Holger Wansing@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 13 08:00:01 2024

Hi James,

Am 11. April 2024 23:52:52 MESZ schrieb James Addison <jay@jp-hosting.net>:
    Hi Holger,

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 13:00:43 +0200, Holger wrote:
    The only thing which is not working currently, is the search functionality, >> but since that's not theme-specific I guess (please correct me, if I'm
    wrong), I close this bug.

The theme looks great, and I agree with closing this bug. However, so that >we don't overlook another potential python3-sphinx bug: could you report the >problem that you encountered? (I contribute to upstream and may be able to >help with investigating that)

It's not a bug in sphinx or something like that.
    The issue was in the build process for the website, what lead to some missing files in the manuals' tree (javascript script files and the searchindex.js).

Everything fine for now.

I'm currently working on switching the Debian release-notes to the new theme, and that might bring some issues, since the release-notes have translations as well (this was not the case for the debian-policy).

So maybe I come back to you in such case, if that's ok?

Thanks
    Holger

--
    Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From James Addison@21:1/5 to Holger Wansing on Sun Apr 14 21:50:01 2024

On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 at 06:48, Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:
    Am 11. April 2024 23:52:52 MESZ schrieb James Addison <jay@jp-hosting.net>: >On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 13:00:43 +0200, Holger wrote:
    The only thing which is not working currently, is the search functionality,
    but since that's not theme-specific I guess (please correct me, if I'm
    wrong), I close this bug.

The theme looks great, and I agree with closing this bug. However, so that >we don't overlook another potential python3-sphinx bug: could you report the >problem that you encountered? (I contribute to upstream and may be able to >help with investigating that)

It's not a bug in sphinx or something like that.
    The issue was in the build process for the website, what lead to some missing files in the manuals' tree (javascript script files and the searchindex.js).

Everything fine for now.

Ok; thank you!

I'm currently working on switching the Debian release-notes to the new theme, and that might bring some issues, since the release-notes have translations as
    well (this was not the case for the debian-policy).

So maybe I come back to you in such case, if that's ok?

I'm less knowledgeable about the translation logic than the JavaScript search functionality, however yes, feel free to include me on cc for Sphinx bugreports and I'll help if-and-when possible.

James

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05