• Bug#1068785: Sometimes the keyboard is turned off when waking from stan

From mYnDstrEAm@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 11 02:10:01 2024
    Package: sddm
    Version: 0.19.0-5

This could also be an issue of the Sleep function. I'm using a laptop that suspends to swap partition. After upgrading to Debian12 with KDE, sometimes the keyboard of a laptop is turned off while the touchpad still works.

It doesn't work again after putting it back into standby and then waking it from standby. It really is in standby as one could hear if it wasn't.

After waking from Hibernate or when just locking the screen the keyboard does work.

Moreover, often if not always under some conditions (which I'll try to find out and then add) the laptop shows the prior screen for 0.2-4.0 seconds before it shows the lockscreen. This obviously is a privacy issue and could be linked to the prior problem.
    It hasn't occurred the last two days.

When I just Log Out the keyboard works fine at the lockscreen. It only doesn't work when resuming from sleep (opening the lid after it was closed or pressing the power button after clicking Sleep).

Once I started testing and asking about this the problem the keyboard didn't just stop working sometimes but never worked after resuming from Sleep for at least 10 different kinds tries. Now first clicking Sleep in the bottom left caused a shutdown (
    instead of sleep) again (I think it did some disk check when waking), and afterwards the keyboard now works again when resuming from sleep in two tries but I think it's only back to sometimes rather than always being dysfunctional.

Please go here for further details: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/773987/sometimes-the-keyboard-is-turned-off-when-waking-from-standby-after-upgrading-to

Also it may be useful to test or develop tests whether it's fully and without problems going to Sleep, see: https://unix.stackexchange.com/q/774151/233262

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)