• Bug#1068650: reportbug: armagetronad (Armagetron Advanced) - changes in

From Andreas Doll@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 8 16:40:02 2024
    Subject: reportbug: armagetronad (Armagetron Advanced) - changes in SDL libs Package: armagetronad
    Version: 0.2.9.1.0-3
    Severity: normal

Hi;
    Armagetron Advanced now relies on libsdl1.2, an SDL2 compat package, since SDL1 is no longer a viable option. With this, a few changes in how applications function have occurred.
    First, vsync needs to be disabled. This is handled in the .desktop link, by means of an exec parameter:
    __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=0 armagetronad
    Second, without disabling the compositor, the application will not perform properly, dropping frames and causing key input errors. I handle this with Kwin window rules, but it may be advisable to do this in the exec parameter also.
    Finally, there is a minor issue with full-screen, in that entering full-screen mode disables any secondary, tertiary, or additional monitors. On some platforms, armagetron cannot see individual monitors, and instead sprawls across all available monitors.
    I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed with a launch or build parameter, or if that's something we have to fix ourselves.
    I am a member of the armagetronad community, so if this requires an alteration in how armagetronad is written or packaged, please let me/us know. Alternatively, #armagetron on both Libera and OFTC are bridged together with the semi-official discord
    community where the development team is active (and hopefully soon with other chat-based communities for complete coverage). The old forums (https://forums3.armagetronad.net/) are also still up and semi-active.
    Best;
    Andreas Doll (aka Delinquent)
    -- System Information:
    Debian Release: 12.5
    APT prefers stable-updates
    APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable-security'), (500, 'stable') Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
    Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64 (SMP w/12 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
    Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE, TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
    Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
    Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
    Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
    LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages armagetronad depends on:
    ii armagetronad-common 0.2.9.1.0-3
    ii libc6 2.36-9+deb12u4
    ii libgcc-s1 14-20240221-2.1
    ii libgl1 1.6.0-1
    ii libglu1-mesa [libglu1] 9.0.2-1.1
    ii libpng16-16 1.6.39-2
    ii libsdl-image1.2 1.2.12-13+b2
    ii libsdl1.2debian 1.2.15+dfsg2-8
    ii libstdc++6 14-20240221-2.1
    ii libxml2 2.9.14+dfsg-1.3~deb12u1

armagetronad recommends no packages.
    armagetronad suggests no packages.
    -- no debconf information
    <br><div>Subject: reportbug: armagetronad (Armagetron Advanced) - changes in SDL libs</div><div>Package: armagetronad</div><div>Version: 0.2.9.1.0-3</div><div>Severity: normal</div><br><div>Hi;</div><br><div>Armagetron Advanced now relies on libsdl1.2,
    an SDL2 compat package, since SDL1 is no longer a viable option. With this, a few changes in how applications function have occurred.</div><br><div>First, vsync needs to be disabled. This is handled in the .desktop link, by means of an exec parameter:</
    <br><div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=0 armagetronad</div><br><div>Second, without disabling the compositor, the application will not perform properly, dropping frames and causing key input errors. I handle this with Kwin window rules, but
    it may be advisable to do this in the exec parameter also.</div><br><div>Finally, there is a minor issue with full-screen, in that entering full-screen mode disables any secondary, tertiary, or additional monitors. On some platforms, armagetron cannot
    see individual monitors, and instead sprawls across all available monitors. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed with a launch or build parameter, or if that's something we have to fix ourselves.</div><br><div>I am a member of the
    armagetronad community, so if this requires an alteration in how armagetronad is written or packaged, please let me/us know. Alternatively, #armagetron on both Libera and OFTC are bridged together with the semi-official discord community where the
    development team is active (and hopefully soon with other chat-based communities for complete coverage). The old forums (https://forums3.armagetronad.net/) are also still up and semi-active.</div><br><div>Best;</div><br><div>Andreas Doll (aka Delinquent)<
    /div><br><div>-- System Information:</div><div>Debian Release: 12.5</div><div>&nbsp; APT prefers stable-updates</div><div>&nbsp; APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable-security'), (500, 'stable')</div><div>Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)</div><
    Foreign Architectures: i386</div><br><div>Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64 (SMP w/12 CPU threads; PREEMPT)</div><div>Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE, TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE</div><div>Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.
    UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set</div><div>Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash</div><div>Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)</div><div>LSM: AppArmor: enabled</div><br><div>Versions of packages armagetronad depends on:</div><div>ii&nbsp;
    armagetronad-common&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0.2.9.1.0-3</div><div>ii&nbsp; libc6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2.36-9+deb12u4</div><div>ii&nbsp; libgcc-s1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&
    nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 14-20240221-2.1</div><div>ii&nbsp; libgl1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.6.0-1</div><div>ii&nbsp; libglu1-mesa [
    libglu1]&nbsp; 9.0.2-1.1</div><div>ii&nbsp; libpng16-16&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.6.39-2</div><div>ii&nbsp; libsdl-image1.2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.2.12-13+b2</div><div>ii&nbsp;
    libsdl1.2debian&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.2.15+dfsg2-8</div><div>ii&nbsp; libstdc++6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 14-20240221-2.1</div><div>ii&nbsp; libxml2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&
    nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2.9.14+dfsg-1.3~deb12u1</div><br><div>armagetronad recommends no packages.</div><br><div>armagetronad suggests no packages.</div><br><div>-- no debconf information </div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)