• Bug#1067027: python-cryptography build-dependencies unsatisfiable.

From Peter Michael Green@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 17 04:40:01 2024
    Package: python-cryptography
    Version: 41.0.7-5
    Severity: serious
    x-debbugs-cc: eamanu@debian.org, kapouer@melix.org

python-cryptography build-depends on python3-cryptography-vectors (<<
    41.0.8~)
    but unstable has version 42.0.5-1

If you need rust package updates to fix this issue, please tell me what
    they are and
    I will see what I can do.

This is blocking the time64 transition for python-cryptography.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?J=C3=A9r=C3=A9my?= Lal@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 17 14:10:01 2024
    Emmanuel,

Le dim. 17 mars 2024 à 04:39, Peter Michael Green <plugwash@debian.org> a écrit :

Package: python-cryptography
    Version: 41.0.7-5
    Severity: serious
    x-debbugs-cc: eamanu@debian.org, kapouer@melix.org

python-cryptography build-depends on python3-cryptography-vectors (<< 41.0.8~)
    but unstable has version 42.0.5-1

You uploaded that one...
    Did you plan to upload matching python3-cryptography 42.0.5 in unstable
    very soon ?
    Now we have mismatched versions in unstable, and I didn't proceed with python-cryptography 42
    because it still wasn't working in unstable.
    Now we must make it work :(

If you need rust package updates to fix this issue, please tell me what
    they are and
    I will see what I can do.

The last missing piece seems to be version >= 3 of https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/rust-pem

This is blocking the time64 transition for python-cryptography.

Jérémy

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">Emmanuel,<div><br></div></div><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><br></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Le dim. 17 mars 2024 à 04:39, Peter Michael Green &lt;<a href="mailto:plugwash@debian.
    org" target="_blank">plugwash@debian.org</a>&gt; a écrit :<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Package: python-cryptography<br>
    Version: 41.0.7-5<br>
    Severity: serious<br>
    x-debbugs-cc: <a href="mailto:eamanu@debian.org" target="_blank">eamanu@debian.org</a>, <a href="mailto:kapouer@melix.org" target="_blank">kapouer@melix.org</a><br>

python-cryptography build-depends on python3-cryptography-vectors (&lt;&lt; <br>
    41.0.8~)<br>
    but unstable has version 42.0.5-1<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>You uploaded that one...</div><div>Did you plan to upload matching python3-cryptography 42.0.5 in unstable very soon ?</div><div>Now we have mismatched versions in unstable, and I didn&
    #39;t proceed with python-cryptography 42</div><div>because it still wasn&#39;t working in unstable.</div><div>Now we must make it work :(</div><div> </div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,
    204,204);padding-left:1ex">

If you need rust package updates to fix this issue, please tell me what <br> they are and<br>
    I will see what I can do.<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>The last missing piece seems to be version &gt;= 3 of</div><div><a href="https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/rust-pem">https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/rust-pem</a></div><div><br></div><blockquote
    class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
    This is blocking the time64 transition for python-cryptography.<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Jérémy <br></div></div></div>
    </div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)