• Bug#1059787: src:xfce4-power-manager: fails to migrate to testing for t

From Yves-Alexis Perez@21:1/5 to elbrus@debian.org on Wed Jan 10 09:30:01 2024
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA256

On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:31:38 +0100 Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:
    Source: xfce4-power-manager
    Version: 4.18.2-1
    Severity: serious
    Control: close -1 4.18.3-1
    Tags: sid trixie
    User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
    Usertags: out-of-sync

Dear maintainer(s),

The Release Team considers packages that are out-of-sync between testing
    and unstable for more than 30 days as having a Release Critical bug in testing [1]. Your package src:xfce4-power-manager has been trying to
    migrate for 31 days [2]. Hence, I am filing this bug. The version in unstable has arch:all binaries built by the uploader. Unfortunately the binNMU infrastructure doesn't support binNMU'ing arch:all (and DAK still doesn't throw away uploaded binaries). Hence, a source-only upload is required. Normally I do that (a no-change source-only NMU) for packages
    in this state, but given the large amount of open bugs, I don't feel comfortable taking that responsibility.

If a package is out of sync between unstable and testing for a longer period, this usually means that bugs in the package in testing cannot be fixed via unstable. Additionally, blocked packages can have impact on
    other packages, which makes preparing for the release more difficult. Finally, it often exposes issues with the package and/or
    its (reverse-)dependencies. We expect maintainers to fix issues that
    hamper the migration of their package in a timely manner.

This bug will trigger auto-removal when appropriate. As with all new
    bugs, there will be at least 30 days before the package is auto-removed.

I have immediately closed this bug with the version in unstable, so if
    that version or a later version migrates, this bug will no longer affect testing. I have also tagged this bug to only affect sid and trixie, so
    it doesn't affect (old-)stable.

If you believe your package is unable to migrate to testing due to
    issues beyond your control, don't hesitate to contact the Release Team.

Hi Paul, thanks for the report, I didn't spot the error earlier. I mistakenly uploaded the _amd64.changes instead of the _sources.changes.

I'm ready to upload a non-changes -2 rebuild, unfortunately it's apparently part of the ongoing perl transition (through libxml-parser-perl), so for now
    it won't build.

Regards,
    - --
    Yves-Alexis
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQEzBAEBCAAdFiEE8vi34Qgfo83x35gF3rYcyPpXRFsFAmWeU8cACgkQ3rYcyPpX RFvcsgf+L7nOC9HmekQJxfTGLuIs6J/8TkO8c2sFZBhpDuTTEgJq6Fqvpx3+YdJ3 w0e5kBiXSM7Q1LzB4GG6GA8SHGhqqqkh84J1XXgQy6X1YoT+L9WlKG6PK4BigNK2 GsddQvbkOM8BvmuRnxkun7mlUKWR1vi65PtHfcHQu3NXswhNCiehkgIkwZ3FrDpt JLM1RzKmP1k4MnyX/cUFT/eKoJvpjkBP5Bmk9Xt9nDca9AQwnnLcXRlRiF2/rI3N i4xGDQUGgVd5QkSGlsWoAfDFkfnxKGMgsDIlwA3wtrjG0ZjKFOsFAKmwIwxpMAEW t/N6JloFRuIihK+amWmhI0N0IXin/A==
    =XMyS
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)