Hi Ludovic,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 05:14:26PM +0100, Ludovic Kiefer wrote:
    Package: grub-efi
    Severity: grave
    Tags: d-i
    Justification: renders package unusable
    X-Debbugs-Cc: bugs@lkiefer.org

Dear Maintainer,

At the end of the Debian installation, the installation of the Grub package >fails.

I first found this bug with the Debian 12.0 installer in september, but it is >still present in 12.4. My goal is to install a Debian with full disk >encryption, I just let the Debian Installer configure everything to use my >whole disk and create needed partitions. The installation performs well, but at
    the end Grub is not installed. I got the message "Unable to install GRUB into >dummy". You can see in this capture the whole error messages: >https://pic.infini.fr/gallery#0aTFatc6/ALzRXAY9.png

I tried an installation without encryption and get the same error. I got this >error with Linux Mint too, but I managed to repair Grub after the installation >(only /home encryption). I did not manage to repair GRUB manually with Debian >and full disk encryption, and I didn't try without the encryption.

The PC is an Asus Expertbook B9400C. The BIOS is up to date (2023-12-12) and it
    can only boot on EFI. The SSD is in GPT mode and all partitions were made using
    the "automatic" mode. I used a USB drive made by the Linux Mint tool (which is >basically a GUI for dd).

OK, thanks for sharing the picture of your syslog. The information
    there (lines 3 and 4) says what the problem is - the EFI variable
    space on your system is full. See

https://wiki.debian.org/UEFI#Firmware_has_run_out_of_space_to_write_boot_variables

for more information about this. Does this machine have a lot of files
    in /sys/fs/pstore, by any chance?

--
    Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
    English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
    occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
    unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James D. Nicoll

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)