• kernel panic on bullseye when copying files to a drive with not enough

From =?UTF-8?Q?Erik_Dob=C3=A1k?=@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 21 11:30:01 2020
    Dear all,

i would like to report a kernel panic (first time in my life with debian).

i was copying all files from 1 hdd to a second (both not running debian,
    just 1 partition with ext4 on both). the file size did vary between small
    to a few GB. (music movies mainly)

for copying i was using mc. du on source hdd was 688G but unfortunately the target drive had only ~687G free space (this i did not notice when starting
    the copy/backup). at the end i have got messages regarding retrieving incomplete files from mc. just before the crash the HDD heads started to
    click wildly.

i aborted the copy in mc. did quit mc. did run sync successfully and
    unmount successfully.

a few seconds later kernel went into panic. (sorry no screenshot). when checking the FS of the target hdd ext4 was not corrupted.

feel free to reproduce this.

Yours Faithfully

E

<div dir="ltr"><div>Dear all,</div><div><br></div><div>i would like to report a kernel panic (first time in my life with debian).</div><div><br></div><div>i was copying all files from 1 hdd to a second (both not running debian, just 1 partition with ext4
    on both). the file size did vary between small to a few GB. (music movies mainly)<br></div><div><br></div><div>for copying i was using mc. du on source hdd was 688G but unfortunately the target drive had only ~687G free space (this i did not notice when
    starting the copy/backup). at the end i have got messages regarding retrieving incomplete files from mc. just before the crash the HDD heads started to click wildly.</div><div><br></div><div>i aborted the copy in mc. did quit mc. did run sync
    successfully and unmount successfully.</div><div><br></div><div>a few seconds later kernel went into panic. (sorry no screenshot). when checking the FS of the target hdd ext4 was not corrupted.<br></div><div><br></div><div>feel free to reproduce this.</
    <div><br></div><div>Yours Faithfully</div><div><br></div><div>E<br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)