• GR proposal: DPL title

From Adam Borowski@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 10 15:00:01 2018
    -----BEGIN РGР SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hi!
    We all know how vital but thankless task DPLs do. It wastes the time such a person could do coding, pretending to maintain packages, arguing about the codename for Salsa replacement, calling Lennart's mom names, or stalling package reviews so they can be adequately tested (game packages take
    especially long to search for bugs). The vast majority of us are technical people, thus we'd rather do any of the above instead of exercising our non-existant people skills to deal with RL bureaucracies, manage project financies or do the rest of boring stuff.

Yet sometimes we manage to find a person that can be suckered into doing DPL work. It would be good to _somehow_ recognize all this effort, so such a person is less likely to run away when pushed to the front of the line when
    the time for DPL re-nomination comes.

I'm therefore proposing the following General Resolution:

=== BEGIN GR TEXT ===

Title: Refer to the DPL per "Your Majesty".

The proper form of address for currently reigning DPL shall henceforth be
    "Your Majesty".

=== END GR TEXT ===

This particular title is especially fitting as the current and next[1] has a deep-seated hatred of nobility, with statements such as:

We can surely reference "kings", etc. ironically and with a degree of cynicism...

and with tendencies such as:

I solved this by making sarcasm my default mode.

Thus, such an elevating title would let us express respect both in literal words and sincere meaning, yet we'd still get to taunt this particular
    person by having him believe, hoisted on his own petard, that we're only mocking him.

ᛗᛖᛟᚹ!

[1]. Technically, for now only the sole candidate, but, as discussed before, you'd need to be a complete clown[2] to blow an unopposed election, and we already know lamby to be an incomplete clown.

[2].
    17:42 < infinity> ron: I'm sure we'd happily elect a literal clown (giant
    shoes and honking nose inclusive), but I'd like to think
    we'd avoid electing a metaphorical clown.
    -----BEGIN РGР SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuРG v1

0xDeaDBeefCafeBabe/XKCD1181/+the+rest+is+/dev/urandom+base64ed+/meow/meow/xx KFK2IlDE4vMLH5lgl5PDYYcSd0P8d4hP4BUphrqDGcW+CZmO7qNZ2JGqCklNQ32QwvfF0F360Zeg wmacso8T+7Lz8dXZDjw1yGWS9YqmdnSZi1rZPk8yJ5RgNdtyu8NClo563hoBOIPwjRLUEAZUvXBf XcnUwmu0NcS550yMjPZlOxK4U/pYbWfL/vUACO+JOZ9duDPteVv/wzIXV7DtHw55mmDjURmEKin+ HmikoPop9VYgnQbNzYhrFKgrtWrG17nMwu9YZaF6bF0yZXDvL6JxR6R9msphyGLn/RddE/PzcVPX 8O3oRcxvwpZZGGamnDDPqlpAqz3wtTFBudo0tkLm5AQXHGWAnMIoOb4OHH0nftrpjSOEtaWwGPJC RbYCrMV+ehNFRK0Libum3z4+XRxJUhV+l8DORi6YVNRl2TqJZuGLrJ+V0Skta9dW1Wt6s0iGZAlt wz/eRtW++KDUqhwpnUcES5Sb04CckUr4UyhYIOSOmmqGl3/vWpspZhuBCOVGA45cMvBl+7Amhqny qrAFIkXkTpANcvMkdd9piEDMzP5YjEcjbRMfVY1kdcM0TmXPjn6VFrMFBrbgfjPhlvJKztGBe1fb Sx/j2d7jTKx5/kuetZyB5IPqK1NEE8o5SYxahAm4j5mmxbCNxfeYzL7ZurFCMP2LkHes9GMVu62n WRI2h2yJNLPIwWR1Hg6hSJf+XyHUEvlOI3uXbz
    =42q
    -----END РGР SIGNATURE-----
    --
    ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
    ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can. ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ A smart species invents a can opener. ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀ A master species delegates.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)