• Which system monitor for temperature (mainboard, CPU) and fan values ?

From Michael@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 20 20:00:02 2018
    Hi all,

I used to monitor these values (different temperatures together with fan speed and voltage - to detect if a fan is getting old), with ksysguard. It's easy to setup a custom sensors set here.

However, certain dependencies (via libpolicykit) seem to make it increasingly difficult to keep the ksysguard package installed. But anyway, this is not the problem i need help with, it's a matter of choice. Rather, i'm asking for any alternative here.

I tried gnome-system-monitor but it does not show mainboard temperature and fan speed+voltages, and unfortunately does not offer setup a custom sensor set (profile) either.

So my question: Is there any other tool that i can use ? It does not necessarily need to be graphical, but at least need to feature all-in-one-view and a continuos poll; and i would be happier with something already worked out, instead of writing yet-
    another-script myself ...

Any ideas ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Matus UHLAR - fantomas@21:1/5 to Michael on Tue Nov 20 20:30:02 2018
    On 20.11.18 19:53, Michael wrote:
    I used to monitor these values (different temperatures together with fan speed and voltage - to detect if a fan is getting old), with ksysguard.
    It's easy to setup a custom sensors set here.

However, certain dependencies (via libpolicykit) seem to make it
    increasingly difficult to keep the ksysguard package installed. But
    anyway, this is not the problem i need help with, it's a matter of choice. Rather, i'm asking for any alternative here.

I tried gnome-system-monitor but it does not show mainboard temperature and fan speed+voltages, and unfortunately does not offer setup a custom sensor set (profile) either.

So my question: Is there any other tool that i can use ? It does not necessarily need to be graphical, but at least need to feature all-in-one-view and a continuos poll; and i would be happier with
    something already worked out, instead of writing yet-another-script myself ...

try psensor
    --
    Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
    Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
    Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,
    then used against you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 21 03:00:01 2018
    Just found xsensors, it shows voltage. However, we can't easily see fluctuations, since there is no graph and no min/max.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05