• I have issues with NVIDIA optimus

From Cesar Tapia@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 29 07:00:04 2020
    I can't install nvidia driver for geforce GT-540 video card.It is on toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.I tried to install with nvidia-detect and its instructions... doesn't work.I tried with te official driver donwloaded from nvidia website and .
    .. doesn't work.Please i need your help, i want still using Debian buster.Thank you all.

<html><head></head><body><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div>I can't install nvidia driver for geforce GT-540 video card.</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">It is on
    toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I tried to install with nvidia-detect and its instructions... doesn't work.</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I tried with te official driver donwloaded from nvidia
    website and <span>... doesn't work.</span></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span></span>Please i need your help, i want still using Debian buster.</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Thank you all.<br></div></div></body></html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Kevin Thomas@21:1/5 to atipaq@yahoo.com on Wed Apr 29 07:30:01 2020
    Cesar,

Can we see the output logs of the failed installation? Are you installing
    the nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver package? We need some more information in
    order to be able to help.

Thank you,
    Kevin Thomas

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 9:58 PM Cesar Tapia <atipaq@yahoo.com> wrote:

I can't install nvidia driver for geforce GT-540 video card.
    It is on toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.
    I tried to install with nvidia-detect and its instructions... doesn't work.
    I tried with te official driver donwloaded from nvidia website and ... doesn't work.
    Please i need your help, i want still using Debian buster.
    Thank you all.

<div dir="auto"><div>Cesar,<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Can we see the output logs of the failed installation? Are you installing the nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver package? We need some more information in order to be able to help.</div><div
    dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Thank you,</div><div dir="auto">Kevin Thomas</div><br><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 9:58 PM Cesar Tapia &lt;<a href="mailto:atipaq@yahoo.com" target="_blank" rel="
    noreferrer">atipaq@yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style="font-family:Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><div>I can&#
    39;t install nvidia driver for geforce GT-540 video card.</div><div dir="ltr">It is on toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.</div><div dir="ltr">I tried to install with nvidia-detect and its instructions... doesn&#39;t work.</div><div dir="ltr">I
    tried with te official driver donwloaded from nvidia website and <span>... doesn&#39;t work.</span></div><div dir="ltr"><span></span>Please i need your help, i want still using Debian buster.</div><div dir="ltr">Thank you all.<br></div></div></div></
    blockquote></div>
    </div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Cesar Tapia@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 29 07:20:01 2020
    I put nouveau driver on blacklistthen i installed  nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver from the sources (main contrib non-free) and nvidia-settings return that i am not using the driver, iand run nvdia-xconfig and crash (blank screen).i restarted the system,
    then i download the official driver from nvidia ( nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver ... run extension), i stoped Xserver on tty1 and started to install, it finishes and blank screen again.

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:03:49 AM GMT-5, Kevin Thomas <kevin.t0517@gmail.com> wrote:

Cesar,
    Can we see the output logs of the failed installation? Are you installing the nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver package? We need some more information in order to be able to help.
    Thank you,Kevin Thomas

I can't install nvidia driver for geforce GT-540 video card.It is on toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.I tried to install with nvidia-detect and its instructions... doesn't work.I tried with te official driver donwloaded from nvidia website and .
    .. doesn't work.Please i need your help, i want still using Debian buster.Thank you all.

<html><head></head><body><div class="ydp8d1d0154yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div></div>
    <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I put nouveau driver on blacklist</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">then i installed <span>&nbsp;nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver from the sources (main contrib non-free) and nvidia-settings return that i am not
    using the driver, iand run nvdia-xconfig and crash (blank screen).</span></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span>i restarted the system, then i download the official driver from nvidia (<span>&nbsp;nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver</span> ... run
    extension), i stoped Xserver on tty1 and started to install, it finishes and blank screen again.</span></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span><br></span></div><div><br></div>

</div><div id="yahoo_quoted_8645022782" class="yahoo_quoted">
    <div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">

<div>
    On Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:03:49 AM GMT-5, Kevin Thomas &lt;kevin.t0517@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
    </div>
    <div><br></div>
    <div><br></div>
    <div><div id="yiv4745402173"><div><div><div>Cesar,<div><br clear="none"></div><div>Can we see the output logs of the failed installation? Are you installing the&nbsp;nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver package? We need some more information in
    order to be able to help.</div><div><br clear="none"></div><div>Thank you,</div><div>Kevin Thomas</div><br clear="none"><br clear="none"><div class="yiv4745402173yqt0241902356" id="yiv4745402173yqt99939"><div class="yiv4745402173gmail_quote"><div class="
    yiv4745402173gmail_attr" dir="ltr">On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 9:58 PM Cesar Tapia &lt;<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:atipaq@yahoo.com" target="_blank" href="mailto:atipaq@yahoo.com">atipaq@yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br clear="none"></div><
    blockquote class="yiv4745402173gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"><div><div style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div>I can't install nvidia driver for geforce
    GT-540 video card.</div><div dir="ltr">It is on toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.</div><div dir="ltr">I tried to install with nvidia-detect and its instructions... doesn't work.</div><div dir="ltr">I tried with te official driver donwloaded
    from nvidia website and <span>... doesn't work.</span></div><div dir="ltr"><span></span>Please i need your help, i want still using Debian buster.</div><div dir="ltr">Thank you all.<br clear="none"></div></div></div></blockquote></div></div>
    </div></div></div></div></div>
    </div>
    </div></body></html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Cesar Tapia@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 29 07:30:02 2020

It only shows a blank screen
    On Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:21:15 AM GMT-5, Kevin Thomas <kevin.t0517@gmail.com> wrote:

Cesar,
    Can we see the output logs of the failed installation? Are you installing the nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver package? We need some more information in order to be able to help.
    Thank you,Kevin Thomas

<html><head></head><body><div class="ydp6d51018ayahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div></div>
    <div><br></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">It only shows a blank screen<br></div>

</div><div id="yahoo_quoted_8722804675" class="yahoo_quoted">
    <div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">

<div>
    On Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:21:15 AM GMT-5, Kevin Thomas &lt;kevin.t0517@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
    </div>
    <div><br></div>
    <div><br></div>
    <div><div id="yiv3297715077"><div><div><div>Cesar,<div><br clear="none"></div><div>Can we see the output logs of the failed installation? Are you installing the&nbsp;nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver package? We need some more information in
    order to be able to help.</div><div><br clear="none"></div><div>Thank you,</div><div>Kevin Thomas</div><br clear="none"><br clear="none"><div class="yiv3297715077yqt0635923002" id="yiv3297715077yqt29608"><div class="yiv3297715077gmail_quote"><div class="
    yiv3297715077gmail_attr" dir="ltr">On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 9:58 PM Cesar Tapia &lt;<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:atipaq@yahoo.com" target="_blank" href="mailto:atipaq@yahoo.com">atipaq@yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br clear="none"></div><
    blockquote class="yiv3297715077gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"><div><div style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div>I can't install nvidia driver for geforce
    GT-540 video card.</div><div dir="ltr">It is on toshiba p750 laptop, running Debian Buster.</div><div dir="ltr">I tried to install with nvidia-detect and its instructions... doesn't work.</div><div dir="ltr">I tried with te official driver donwloaded
    from nvidia website and <span>... doesn't work.</span></div><div dir="ltr"><span></span>Please i need your help, i want still using Debian buster.</div><div dir="ltr">Thank you all.<br clear="none"></div></div></div></blockquote></div></div>
    </div></div></div></div></div>
    </div>
    </div></body></html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05