• Translation/Localization for Debian Installer in Marathi language

From Om Wani@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 16 07:20:01 2023
    Hello
    I attended the DebConf happening in Kochi and got to know that I can
    contribute by translating for debian. So now I want to do localization for
    my native language 'Marathi' for the Debian Installer.
    The #debian-boot irc told me to mail here. Can anyone help me with that?
    --
    Regards,
    Om Wani <omwani03@gmail.com>
    Key: 30C7 C5D2 3A54 0CD5 741A 8240 FADC 45FF 0138 4E5F

<div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:tahoma,sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68)">Hello<br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:tahoma,sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68)">I
    attended the DebConf happening in Kochi and got to know that I can
    contribute by translating for debian. So now I want to do localization
    for my native language &#39;Marathi&#39; for the Debian Installer. <br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:tahoma,sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68)">The #debian-boot irc told me to mail here. Can anyone help me with that?<font color="#888888"
    <br clear="all"></font></div><span class="gmail_signature_prefix">-- </span><br><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><font face="monospace">Regards,</font><div><font face="monospace">Om Wani &lt;<a href="
    mailto:omwani03@gmail.com" target="_blank">omwani03@gmail.com</a>&gt;</font></div><div><font face="monospace">Key: 30C7 C5D2 3A54 0CD5 741A 8240 FADC 45FF 0138 4E5F</font></div></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Holger Wansing@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 16 08:30:01 2023
    Hi Om,

Am 16. September 2023 07:09:50 MESZ schrieb Om Wani <omwani03@gmail.com>: >Hello
    I attended the DebConf happening in Kochi and got to know that I can >contribute by translating for debian. So now I want to do localization for
    my native language 'Marathi' for the Debian Installer.
    The #debian-boot irc told me to mail here. Can anyone help me with that?

Great, that you want to contribute.

Situation for Marathi in the installer is not that bad, it is 94% translated; but there is still work to do, and overall proofreading might also be good.

You have two options, how to work:
    You can use your webbrowser to do the work via the web-based Weblate online service [1].
    Marathi is already activated, so you can register an account (if you don't already
    have one) and start working.

Or you prefer to work offline, via special applications which can edit the "po" file format.
    Examples are lokalize or gtranslator or poedit.
    You would need to install them on your PC and then find the po files for the installer
    under [2].

Please mail me, which method you would like to use, and don't hesitate
    to ask any question you might have.

So long
    Holger

[1] <https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/debian-installer/-/mr/>

[2] <https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/level1/files/mr/>

--
    Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)