• Debian 12 install

From eladZ1i8@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 20 16:10:01 2023
    This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

SGksIEp1c3QgaW5zdGFsbGVkIERlYmlhbiAxMiAtIGhhdmUgYmVlbiB1c2luZyBEZWJpYW4gc2lu Y2UgdmVyc2lvbiA0IC0gSSB3YXMgZ3JlZXRlZCB3aXRoIHRoZSBHb29nbGUgJiBNaWNyb3NvZnQg YWNjb3VudCBpbmZvIC0gbm93IG5vIGxvbmdlciB1c2luZyBEZWJpYW4gLSBzZXJpb3VzbHkgaG93 IGNvdWxkIHlvdSBwZW9wbGUgZG8gdGhpcyAtIGZpcnN0IFVidW50dSBub3cgRGViaWFuIHByZXR0 eSBkaXNndXN0aW5nLgpyZWdhcmRzCkJvYg==

PGRpdiBzdHlsZT0iZm9udC1mYW1pbHk6IEFyaWFsLCBzYW5zLXNlcmlmOyBmb250LXNpemU6IDE0 cHg7Ij5IaSwgSnVzdCBpbnN0YWxsZWQgRGViaWFuIDEyIC0gaGF2ZSBiZWVuIHVzaW5nIERlYmlh biBzaW5jZSB2ZXJzaW9uIDQgLSBJIHdhcyBncmVldGVkIHdpdGggdGhlIEdvb2dsZSAmYW1wOyBN aWNyb3NvZnQgYWNjb3VudCBpbmZvIC0gbm93IG5vIGxvbmdlciB1c2luZyBEZWJpYW4gLSBzZXJp b3VzbHkgaG93IGNvdWxkIHlvdSBwZW9wbGUgZG8gdGhpcyAtIGZpcnN0IFVidW50dSBub3cgRGVi aWFuIHByZXR0eSBkaXNndXN0aW5nLjwvZGl2PjxkaXYgc3R5bGU9ImZvbnQtZmFtaWx5OiBBcmlh bCwgc2Fucy1zZXJpZjsgZm9udC1zaXplOiAxNHB4OyI+cmVnYXJkczwvZGl2PjxkaXYgc3R5bGU9 ImZvbnQtZmFtaWx5OiBBcmlhbCwgc2Fucy1zZXJpZjsgZm9udC1zaXplOiAxNHB4OyI+Qm9iPGJy PjwvZGl2Pg0KPGRpdiBjbGFzcz0icHJvdG9ubWFpbF9zaWduYXR1cmVfYmxvY2sgcHJvdG9ubWFp bF9zaWduYXR1cmVfYmxvY2stZW1wdHkiIHN0eWxlPSJmb250LWZhbWlseTogQXJpYWwsIHNhbnMt c2VyaWY7IGZvbnQtc2l6ZTogMTRweDsiPg0KICAgIDxkaXYgY2xhc3M9InByb3Rvbm1haWxfc2ln bmF0dXJlX2Jsb2NrLXVzZXIgcHJvdG9ubWFpbF9zaWduYXR1cmVfYmxvY2stZW1wdHkiPg0KICAg ICAgICANCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDwvZGl2Pg0KICAgIA0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPGRpdiBjbGFzcz0i cHJvdG9ubWFpbF9zaWduYXR1cmVfYmxvY2stcHJvdG9uIHByb3Rvbm1haWxfc2lnbmF0dXJlX2Js b2NrLWVtcHR5Ij4NCiAgICAgICAgDQogICAgICAgICAgICA8L2Rpdj4NCjwvZGl2Pg0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Danial Behzadi@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 20 16:10:01 2023
    If this is not a trolling, Please decalre what are you talking about
    exactly.

در سه‌شنبه, ژوئن 20 2023 at ۱۳:۱۲:۴۱ +00:00:00,
    eladZ1i8 <eladZ1i8@protonmail.com> نوشته بود:
    Hi, Just installed Debian 12 - have been using Debian since version 4
    - I was greeted with the Google & Microsoft account info - now no
    longer using Debian - seriously how could you people do this - first
    Ubuntu now Debian pretty disgusting.
    regards
    Bob

<div id="geary-body" dir="auto"><div>If this is not a trolling, Please decalre what are you talking about exactly.</div></div><div id="geary-quote" dir="auto"><br>در سه‌شنبه, ژوئن 20 2023 at ۱۳:۱۲:۴۱ +00:00:00, eladZ1i8 &lt;eladZ1i8@
    protonmail.com&gt; نوشته بود:<br><blockquote type="cite"><div style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Hi, Just installed Debian 12 - have been using Debian since version 4 - I was greeted with the Google &amp; Microsoft account
    info - now no longer using Debian - seriously how could you people do this - first Ubuntu now Debian pretty disgusting.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">regards</div><div style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:
    14px;">Bob<br></div>
    <div class="protonmail_signature_block protonmail_signature_block-empty" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">
    <div class="protonmail_signature_block-user protonmail_signature_block-empty">

</div>

<div class="protonmail_signature_block-proton protonmail_signature_block-empty">

</div>
    </div>
    </blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Cindy Sue Causey@21:1/5 to Danial Behzadi on Tue Jun 20 18:00:01 2023
    On 6/20/23, Danial Behzadi <dani.behzi@ubuntu.com> wrote:
    در سه‌شنبه, ژوئن 20 2023 at ۱۳:۱۲:۴۱ +00:00:00,
    eladZ1i8 <eladZ1i8@protonmail.com> نوشته بود:
    Hi, Just installed Debian 12 - have been using Debian since version 4
    - I was greeted with the Google & Microsoft account info - now no
    longer using Debian - seriously how could you people do this - first
    Ubuntu now Debian pretty disgusting.

exactly.

Two details folks would need to know in order to help with this are:

* How did you upgrade? An important detail there is where you get your installation file(s)?

* Where exactly are you seeing both Google and Microsoft account info
    fields? I've personally never seen that except in browsers and then
    only for Google as a search engine offering.

Lastly, this is likely better handled by emailing over at the
    Debian-User list *instead* of this one (Debian-Project).

Best wishes..

Cindy :)
    --
    Talking Rock, Pickens County, Georgia, USA
    * runs with birdseed *

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Andrew M.A. Cater@21:1/5 to Danial Behzadi on Tue Jun 20 18:40:01 2023
    On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 05:31:41PM +0330, Danial Behzadi wrote:
    exactly.

در سه‌شنبه, ژوئن 20 2023 at ۱۳:۱۲:۴۱ +00:00:00, eladZ1i8 <eladZ1i8@protonmail.com> نوشته بود:
    Hi, Just installed Debian 12 - have been using Debian since version 4 -
    I was greeted with the Google & Microsoft account info - now no longer using Debian - seriously how could you people do this - first Ubuntu now Debian pretty disgusting.
    regards
    Bob

I think you'll find that this is explicitly not a Debian thing. It is something supplied with the latest GNOME desktops: if you don't select another desktop environment, then GNOME will come by default.

This is *not* an explicit request for Google/Microsoft credentials - it's an offer to you to put them in if you wish when you first run GNOME. The default answer is to Skip this in any event.

I think this is standard for Red Hat derived distributions as well now with newer versions of GNOME.

Follow ups to the debian-user mailing list, please.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RL@21:1/5 to Andrew M.A. Cater on Sun Jun 25 15:50:01 2023
    "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> writes:

<eladZ1i8@protonmail.com> نوشته بود:
    Hi, Just installed Debian 12 - have been using Debian since version 4 -
    I was greeted with the Google & Microsoft account info - now no longer
    using Debian - seriously how could you people do this - first Ubuntu now >> > Debian pretty disgusting.
    regards
    Bob

I think you'll find that this is explicitly not a Debian thing. It is something
    supplied with the latest GNOME desktops: if you don't select another desktop environment, then GNOME will come by default.

This is *not* an explicit request for Google/Microsoft credentials - it's an offer to you to put them in if you wish when you first run GNOME. The default answer is to Skip this in any event.

Is this something that should be (have - but it's never too late) in the release-notes and/or some NEWS.Debian? could explain what gnome provides
    and say it's optional - what is the user-visible feature that inputting
    this info provides (I assume it syncs email or something, but then it's
    not obvious to me why that entered into gnome and not some other
    software)?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05