From Rithic Hariharan@21:1/5 to steve@einval.com on Mon Aug 9 17:10:02 2021
    Thank you for your response.

Regards
    Rithic

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 8:26 PM Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

Hi Rithic,

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 08:06:51PM +0530, Rithic Hariharan wrote:

Hope you are doing well during the pandemic, I have been eagerly
    waiting for the debian 11 bullseye release. I was looking to test its features.
    I would like to download the Debian RC-3 iso file. I had a few
    queries whether
    I will be able to upgrade to stable release after the stable has been released
    or I will have to reinstall the whole system to upgrade to stable branch.

No worry here - the Debian 11 (bullseye) system will automatically
    update following the release and pull any further package updates
    needed.

--
    Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.
    steve@einval.com
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

<div dir="ltr">Thank you for your response. <br><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div>Rithic</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 8:26 PM Steve McIntyre &lt;<a href="mailto:steve@einval.com">
    steve@einval.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hi Rithic,<br>

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 08:06:51PM +0530, Rithic Hariharan wrote:<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt;         Hope you are doing well during the pandemic, I have been eagerly <br>
    &gt;waiting for the debian 11 bullseye release. I was looking to test its features.<br>
    &gt;I would like to download the Debian RC-3 iso file. I had a few queries whether<br>
    &gt;I will be able to upgrade to stable release after the stable has been released<br>
    &gt;or I will have to reinstall the whole system to upgrade to stable branch.<br>

No worry here - the Debian 11 (bullseye) system will automatically<br>
    update following the release and pull any further package updates<br> needed.<br>

-- <br>
    Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                <a href="mailto:steve@einval.com" target="_blank">steve@einval.com</a><br>
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.<br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rithic Hariharan@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 9 16:50:01 2021
    Hello Sir/Madam,
    Hope you are doing well during the pandemic, I have been eagerly waiting for the debian 11 bullseye release. I was looking to test its
    features. I would like to download the Debian RC-3 iso file. I had a few queries whether I will be able to upgrade to stable release after the
    stable has been released or I will have to reinstall the whole system to upgrade to stable branch.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Rithic

<div dir="ltr">Hello Sir/Madam,<div>         Hope you are doing well during the pandemic, I have been eagerly  waiting for the debian 11 bullseye release. I was looking to test its features. I would like to download the Debian RC-3 iso file. I had
    a few queries whether I will be able to upgrade to stable release after the stable has been released or I will have to reinstall the whole system to upgrade to stable branch.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</
    <div>Rithic</div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve McIntyre@21:1/5 to Rithic Hariharan on Mon Aug 9 17:10:02 2021
    Hi Rithic,

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 08:06:51PM +0530, Rithic Hariharan wrote:

Hope you are doing well during the pandemic, I have been eagerly  >waiting for the debian 11 bullseye release. I was looking to test its features.
    I would like to download the Debian RC-3 iso file. I had a few queries whether >I will be able to upgrade to stable release after the stable has been released >or I will have to reinstall the whole system to upgrade to stable branch.

No worry here - the Debian 11 (bullseye) system will automatically
    update following the release and pull any further package updates
    needed.

--
    Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas Goirand@21:1/5 to Rithic Hariharan on Mon Aug 9 18:40:02 2021
    On 8/9/21 4:36 PM, Rithic Hariharan wrote:
    Hello Sir/Madam,
             Hope you are doing well during the pandemic, I have been eagerly  waiting for the debian 11 bullseye release. I was looking to
    test its features. I would like to download the Debian RC-3 iso file. I
    had a few queries whether I will be able to upgrade to stable release
    after the stable has been released or I will have to reinstall the whole system to upgrade to stable branch.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Rithic

Hi,

Debian is famous for smooth upgrades. Some of us even have servers that
    have been there for more than 20 years, upgrading version after version.
    Just make sure that whatever you run in your server will smoothly
    upgrade (maybe test that in a VM), and you'll be good to go.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05