• failed to install debian on Edgerouter 3 Lite

From Pietro Sammarco@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 11 19:50:02 2020
    Hello folks,

I have been trying to get the debian-installer to load up on this
    Edgerouter Lite since the past 4 days with little no success.

The kernel boots fine, however it will kernel panic soon after as it
    fails to detect the initrd.gz.

I am unable to find a suitable memory address to where upload the
    initrd.gz to, and quite frankly I don't know much about u-boot to be
    able to figure it out on my own, although I tried.

The following website shows how to load kernel and initrd.gz and pass
    the argument to the boot command on a similar edgerouter, however the
    memory address happens to be different, and it doesn't explain how it is
    found.

https://horace0425.pixnet.net/blog/post/65695171-linux-on-cavium-octeon%28%E8D%89%E8C%89%29

I am wondering if any of you has had any success in installing debian on
    this router, and perhaps could share some knowledge as to the
    installation process.

I am happy to provide any logs etc if needed.

Thanks,

Pietro

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From YunQiang Su@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 12 00:10:02 2020
    Pietro Sammarco <pietro.sammarco@googlemail.com> 于 2020年6月12日周五 上午1:48写道:

Hello folks,

I have been trying to get the debian-installer to load up on this
    Edgerouter Lite since the past 4 days with little no success.

i had a er8xg. and failed to boot d-i also.

The kernel boots fine, however it will kernel panic soon after as it
    fails to detect the initrd.gz.

debian has some machines with cavium cpu, while none of them are from ubnt.

I am unable to find a suitable memory address to where upload the
    initrd.gz to, and quite frankly I don't know much about u-boot to be
    able to figure it out on my own, although I tried.

some here. i think that it is the problem of ubnt's uboot.
    it seems doesn't support initramfs at all.

The following website shows how to load kernel and initrd.gz and pass
    the argument to the boot command on a similar edgerouter, however the
    memory address happens to be different, and it doesn't explain how it is found.

https://horace0425.pixnet.net/blog/post/65695171-linux-on-cavium-octeon%28%E8D%89%E8C%89%29

I am wondering if any of you has had any success in installing debian on
    this router, and perhaps could share some knowledge as to the
    installation process.

ohhh,maybe we can get some info from this link and the code of uboot.

I am happy to provide any logs etc if needed.

Thanks,

Pietro

<div dir="auto"><div><br><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Pietro Sammarco &lt;<a href="mailto:pietro.sammarco@googlemail.com">pietro.sammarco@googlemail.com</a>&gt; 于 2020年6月12日周五 上午1:48写道:<br></div><
    blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hello folks,<br>

I have been trying to get the debian-installer to load up on this <br> Edgerouter Lite since the past 4 days with little no success.<br></blockquote></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">i had a er8xg. and failed to boot d-i also.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><div class="gmail_quote"><
    blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
    The kernel boots fine, however it will kernel panic soon after as it <br>
    fails to detect the initrd.gz.<br></blockquote></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">debian has some machines with cavium cpu, while none of them are from ubnt.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><div class="gmail_quote"><
    blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
    I am unable to find a suitable memory address to where upload the <br> initrd.gz to, and quite frankly I don&#39;t know much about u-boot to be <br> able to figure it out on my own, although I tried.<br></blockquote></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">some here. i think that it is the problem of ubnt&#39;s uboot.</div><div dir="auto">it seems doesn&#39;t support initramfs at all.</
    <div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

The following website shows how to load kernel and initrd.gz and pass <br>
    the argument to the boot command on a similar edgerouter, however the <br> memory address happens to be different, and it doesn&#39;t explain how it is <br>
    found.<br>

<a href="https://horace0425.pixnet.net/blog/post/65695171-linux-on-cavium-octeon%28%E8D%89%E8C%89%29" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://horace0425.pixnet.net/blog/post/65695171-linux-on-cavium-octeon%28%E8D%89%E8C%89%29</a><br>

I am wondering if any of you has had any success in installing debian on <br> this router, and perhaps could share some knowledge as to the <br>
    installation process.<br></blockquote></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">ohhh,maybe we can get some info from this link and the code of uboot.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="
    gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

I am happy to provide any logs etc if needed.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Pietro<br>

</blockquote></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)