• dpt takeover throwing an exception

From Ken Ibbotson@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 25 06:50:01 2020
    I have been endeavouring to adopt 'libintl-perl', however the execution of
    'dpt takeover' is throwing an error for a missing `debian/changelog' in the package description.

The package versions run to 1.26... however the exception is raised at 1.20.

Output below:

dpt takeover libintl-perl -a 945988 -n
    *** Taking over libintl-perl
    gbp:info: Downloading snapshots of 'libintl-perl' to '/tmp/tmpm9cfwrnp'... gbp:info: No git repository found, creating one.
    gbp:info: Version '1.11-1' imported under '/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl'
    gbp:info: Version '1.11-2' imported under '/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl'
    gbp:info: Version '1.16-1' imported under '/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl'
    gbp:info: Version '1.16-2' imported under '/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl'
    gbp:info: Version '1.16-3' imported under '/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl'
    gbp:info: Version '1.16-4' imported under '/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/gbp", line 149, in <module>
    sys.exit(supercommand())
    File "/usr/bin/gbp", line 145, in supercommand
    return module.main(args)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/scripts/import_dscs.py", line
    185, in main
    if importer.importdsc(dsc):
    72, in importdsc
    return import_dsc.main(['import-dsc'] + self.args + [dsc.dscfile])
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/scripts/import_dsc.py", line
    529, in main
    apply_debian_patch(repo, sources[0], dsc, commit, options)
    175, in apply_debian_patch
    author = get_author_from_changelog(source.unpacked)
    115, in get_author_from_changelog
    dch = ChangeLog(filename=os.path.join(dir, 'debian/changelog'))
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/deb/changelog.py", line 84, in __init__
    raise NoChangeLogError("Changelog %s not found" % (filename, )) gbp.deb.changelog.NoChangeLogError: Changelog /home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/tmpe8bg7289/libintl-perl-1.20/debian/changelog not found

Is there a process we can follow in this case to recover the package /
    project?

I have checked 'salsa' and there is no entry for the project under any
    list, including archived.

The code doing the work is Python - not my forte, but viewing through the
    call stack I can see where the issue is happening.
    This is my first execution of the script, so not sure if the following is
    an option - based on updates performed.
    Perhaps someone is able to guide me through circumvention of the Python exception to complete the 'takeover' script, and thereby leave the option
    open to add the missing entry manually to the change log, assuming that we
    can locate the actual text

Any ideas / assistance welcome.
    --
    Ken

<div dir="ltr"><div>I have been endeavouring to adopt &#39;libintl-perl&#39;, however the execution of &#39;dpt takeover&#39; is throwing an error for a missing `debian/changelog&#39; in the package description.</div><div><br></div><div>The package
    versions run to 1.26... however the exception is raised at 1.20.</div><div><br></div><div>Output below:<br></div><div><br></div><div style="margin-left:40px"><font size="2">dpt takeover libintl-perl -a 945988 -n<br>***<br>*** Taking over libintl-perl<br>*
    **<br>gbp:info: Downloading snapshots of &#39;libintl-perl&#39; to &#39;/tmp/tmpm9cfwrnp&#39;...<br>gbp:info: No git repository found, creating one.<br>gbp:info: Version &#39;1.11-1&#39; imported under &#39;/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl&#
    39;<br>gbp:info: Version &#39;1.11-2&#39; imported under &#39;/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl&#39;<br>gbp:info: Version &#39;1.16-1&#39; imported under &#39;/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl&#39;<br>gbp:info: Version &#39;1.16-2&
    #39; imported under &#39;/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl&#39;<br>gbp:info: Version &#39;1.16-3&#39; imported under &#39;/home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl&#39;<br>gbp:info: Version &#39;1.16-4&#39; imported under &#39;/home/keni/
    src/pkg-perl/packages/libintl-perl&#39;<br>Traceback (most recent call last):<br>  File &quot;/usr/bin/gbp&quot;, line 149, in &lt;module&gt;<br>    sys.exit(supercommand())<br>  File &quot;/usr/bin/gbp&quot;, line 145, in supercommand<br>   
    return module.main(args)<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/scripts/import_dscs.py&quot;, line 185, in main<br>    if importer.importdsc(dsc):<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/scripts/import_dscs.py&quot;, line 72,
    in importdsc<br>    return import_dsc.main([&#39;import-dsc&#39;] + self.args + [dsc.dscfile])<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/scripts/import_dsc.py&quot;, line 529, in main<br>    apply_debian_patch(repo, sources[0], dsc, commit,
    options)<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/scripts/import_dsc.py&quot;, line 175, in apply_debian_patch<br>    author = get_author_from_changelog(source.unpacked)<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/scripts/import_dsc.
    py&quot;, line 115, in get_author_from_changelog<br>    dch = ChangeLog(filename=os.path.join(dir, &#39;debian/changelog&#39;))<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/deb/changelog.py&quot;, line 84, in __init__<br>    raise
    NoChangeLogError(&quot;Changelog %s not found&quot; % (filename, ))<br>gbp.deb.changelog.NoChangeLogError: Changelog /home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/tmpe8bg7289/libintl-perl-1.20/debian/changelog not found</font></div><div><br></div><div>Is there a
    process we can follow in this case to recover the package / project?</div><div><br></div><div>I have checked &#39;salsa&#39; and there is no entry for the project under any list, including archived.</div><div><br></div><div>The code doing the work is
    Python - not my forte, but viewing through the call stack I can see where the issue is happening.</div><div>This is my first execution of the script, so not sure if the following is an option - based on updates performed.</div><div>Perhaps someone is
    able to guide me through circumvention of the Python exception to complete the &#39;takeover&#39; script, and thereby leave the option open to add the missing entry manually to the change log, assuming that we can locate the actual text<br></div><div><br>
    </div><div>Any ideas / assistance welcome.</div><div></div><div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div><div>--<br>Ken<br></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gregor herrmann@21:1/5 to Ken Ibbotson on Sun Oct 25 14:10:02 2020
    On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 16:16:32 +1030, Ken Ibbotson wrote:

I have been endeavouring to adopt 'libintl-perl', however the execution of 'dpt takeover' is throwing an error for a missing `debian/changelog' in the package description.

Hm, not nice.

dpt takeover libintl-perl -a 945988 -n

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/gbp", line 149, in <module>
    sys.exit(supercommand())
    File "/usr/bin/gbp", line 145, in supercommand
    return module.main(args)
    185, in main
    if importer.importdsc(dsc):
    72, in importdsc
    return import_dsc.main(['import-dsc'] + self.args + [dsc.dscfile])
    529, in main
    apply_debian_patch(repo, sources[0], dsc, commit, options)
    175, in apply_debian_patch
    author = get_author_from_changelog(source.unpacked)
    115, in get_author_from_changelog
    dch = ChangeLog(filename=os.path.join(dir, 'debian/changelog'))
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gbp/deb/changelog.py", line 84, in __init__
    raise NoChangeLogError("Changelog %s not found" % (filename, )) gbp.deb.changelog.NoChangeLogError: Changelog /home/keni/src/pkg-perl/packages/tmpe8bg7289/libintl-perl-1.20/debian/changelog
    not found

So that's gbp-import-dscs bailing out.

The code doing the work is Python - not my forte, but viewing through the call stack I can see where the issue is happening.

I'd check if there is a bug filed against git-buildpackage already,
    and file one if not.
    You should be able to reproduce the issue with just

gbp import-dscs --debsnap --pristine-tar $PACKAGE

(taken from dpt-takeover code)

This is my first execution of the script, so not sure if the following is
    an option - based on updates performed.
    Perhaps someone is able to guide me through circumvention of the Python exception to complete the 'takeover' script, and thereby leave the option open to add the missing entry manually to the change log, assuming that we can locate the actual text

(The changelog entry won't be missing as it should be in that last
    version anyway.)

A simple option whould be to just download the last version of
    libintl-perl, create a Git repo with gbp-import-dsc, and then run

dpt packagecheck -a -A -C -p \"$PACKAGE\" -c -H -V -n

(or some version thereof; aga taken from dpt-takeover).

More involved would be to download all versions of libintl-perl with
    debsnap, then run gbp-import-dsc on all of them (where at least 1.20
    will bailout again), and then continue with dpt-packagecheck.

Maybe dgit could help as well; not sure …

And I wouldn't spend too much time on this; importing all versions
    into a new Git repo is nice, but ultimately we need the last upload,
    change it, bring it into our Git namespace and upload it.

Cheers,
    gregor

--
    .''`. https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
    : :' : OpenPGP fingerprint D1E1 316E 93A7 60A8 104D 85FA BB3A 6801 8649 AA06
    `. `' Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
    `- NP: Bettina Wegner: wenn du mir nicht mehr ins gesicht siehst

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQKTBAEBCgB9FiEE0eExbpOnYKgQTYX6uzpoAYZJqgYFAl+Vd5ZfFIAAAAAALgAo aXNzdWVyLWZwckBub3RhdGlvbnMub3BlbnBncC5maWZ0aGhvcnNlbWFuLm5ldEQx RTEzMTZFOTNBNzYwQTgxMDREODVGQUJCM0E2ODAxODY0OUFBMDYACgkQuzpoAYZJ qgYapxAAwYukdTAHEXtB//PlhTwa1rg4k+JY+f/a19RuHUuETQOpDixQ3WjuBlCs bFMUMyEABRZGuP94G3fyW3vpDPHLqNZnXPc8hyB5q31OK5UCDBkxAQUa4DMApWBx 71YPKacS/V05NOsYHFtJTii0JiGYBtNdQxRwgVHnrV8Ezx4GpHpy7pKSyuyjX7KR /aiYH2CKt3n9Qf5/Mrf/vpamg/aajqbV01g3n9rmSCKNB/6GhHsQR4dk+1mONpZ1 Sxfi7ZnTh4o8BIQhf4rjd/GOqItWrZZl9qav02CUfT5NL5cPAe9Lywo+0SB0RuX9 fugENNUW6CN2KJcQ71IBmNFrCrzNb3SodkML0/le89+ATBbdlGsFBkwxmZlfuOBT lGm09wisno5QL2GmZJ9beahpdEBMdnno5Di/5Ty2No4vnLIxwL48Ug8gS+QP+ovF
    vC3oTnxnlINJB