• bug: KDE Wayland Wacom cursor missing in recent update (Debian testing)

From Nick Bailuc@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 28 08:20:01 2023
    Dear Debian Developers,

I am writing to report a bug I encountered with KDE Plasma under Wayland
    when using a Wacom tablet. Specifically, the pen cursor of the Wacom tablet
    is invisible, although it does draw when the pen is pressed to the tablet.
    I am using Debian testing with latest updates (installing stable is not an option for many reasons due to the fact that I am using a Pinebook Pro).

I believe this is an issue with Wayland because using libinput, I was able
    to verify that the driver detects the pen in proximity to the tablet and
    also detects the exact coordinates of where the pen is located. When
    logging in with X11, the cursor is there and functioning normally.

This problem started after one of many updates in early February to Plasma/Wayland. Unfortunately, I cannot pinpoint the exact package that
    causes this (I've looked through changelogs of many).

I would also like to note that when logging in with X11, the issue does not happen, and the cursor is visible.

I hope this information is helpful, and I would be happy to provide any additional information that may be useful in resolving this issue. I tried using 'reportbug' but since I couldn't find the exact package causing the issue, wanted to send an email instead.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Nick Bailuc
    nick.bailuc@gmail.com

<div dir="ltr">Dear Debian Developers,<br><br><div>I am writing to report a bug I encountered with KDE Plasma under Wayland when using a Wacom tablet. Specifically, the pen cursor of the Wacom tablet is invisible, although it does draw when the pen is
    pressed to the tablet. I am using Debian testing with latest updates (installing stable is not an option for many reasons due to the fact that I am using a Pinebook Pro).<br></div><div><br></div><div>I believe this is an issue with Wayland because using
    libinput, I was able to verify that the driver detects the pen in proximity to the tablet and also detects the exact coordinates of where the pen is located. When logging in with X11, the cursor is there and functioning normally.<br></div><div><br></div><
    This problem started after one of many updates in early February to Plasma/Wayland. Unfortunately, I cannot pinpoint the exact package that causes this (I&#39;ve looked through changelogs of many).<br></div><br>I would also like to note that when
    logging in with X11, the issue does not happen, and the cursor is visible.<br><br>I hope this information is helpful, and I would be happy to provide any additional information that may be useful in resolving this issue. I tried using &#39;reportbug&#39;
    but since I couldn&#39;t find the exact package causing the issue, wanted to send an email instead.<br><br>Thank you for your time and consideration.<br><br><div>Best regards,</div><div><br></div><div>Nick Bailuc</div><div><a href="mailto:nick.bailuc@
    gmail.com">nick.bailuc@gmail.com</a><br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)