• Re: User settings error

From luca.pedrielli@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 2 16:10:03 2021
    This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    Il 02/11/21 15:14, lists.debian@netc.eu ha scritto:
    Hello to all,

I just installed a new Debian 11 system, and I choose KDE Plasma as my desktop environment.
    I only having a problem by change my users settings.

At my Debian install, I define a root user account. After install,
    I've tried to go to the settings/user settings and I found that I
    can't change any setting on my users :

1. First I hed just one user, "marc". I tryed to add an email and make
    it an "Administrator", but I had an error when applying the changes.
    2. I then try to add a 2nd user "cat". It did work, but when I try to
    change it to admin or add the email address, I had the same error than before.
    3. Using the terminal, I add "marc" to the sudoers file. But even than
    I wasn't abble to add the users email or change "cat" account to admin.

Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Best regards,
    Marc
    I had the same problem.

org.kde.kcm_users: "org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed" "file '/home/mario/.face' is not a regular file"

If I choose an avatar seems working

--
    Saluti, Luca Pedrielli

<html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    </head>
    <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Il 02/11/21 15:14, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:lists.debian@netc.eu">lists.debian@netc.eu</a>
    ha scritto:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
    cite="mid:5b944508-3ed6-4348-a072-a8dfab7a4478@dibs18">
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <div> </div>
    <div>Hello to all,<br>
    <br>
    I just installed a new Debian 11 system, and I choose KDE Plasma
    as my desktop environment.<br>
    I only having a problem by change my users settings.<br>
    <br>
    At my Debian install, I define a root user account. After
    install, I've tried to go to the settings/user settings and I
    found that I can't change any setting on my users :<br>
    <br>
    1. First I hed just one user, "marc". I tryed to add an email
    and make it an "Administrator", but I had an error when applying
    the changes.<br>
    2. I then try to add a 2nd user "cat". It did work, but when I
    try to change it to admin or add the email address, I had the
    same error than before.<br>
    3. Using the terminal, I add "marc" to the sudoers file. But
    even than I wasn't abble to add the users email or change "cat"
    account to admin.<br>
    <br>
    Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening?<br>
    <br>
    Thanks in advance for all your help,<br>
    <br>
    Best regards,<br>
    Marc</div>
    <div class="syno-mc-signature"> </div>
    </blockquote>
    I had the same problem.<br>
    <br>
    <font face="monospace">org.kde.kcm_users:
    "org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed" "file '/home/mario/.face'
    is not a regular file"</font><br>
    <br>
    If I choose an avatar seems working<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
    Saluti, Luca Pedrielli </pre>
    </body>
    </html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?utf-8?Q?lists=2Edebian=40netc=2Ee@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 2 15:20:01 2021
    Hello to all, I just installed a new Debian 11 system, and I choose KDE Plasma as my desktop environment. I only having a problem by change my users settings. At my Debian install, I define a root user account. After install, I've tried to go to the
    settings/user settings and I found that I can't change any setting on my users : 1. First I hed just one user, "marc". I tryed to add an email and make it an "Administrator", but I had an error when applying the changes. 2. I then try to add a 2nd user "
    cat". It did work, but when I try to change it to admin or add the email address, I had the same error than before. 3. Using the terminal, I add "marc" to the sudoers file. But even than I wasn't abble to add the users email or change "cat" account to
    admin. Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening? Thanks in advance for all your help, Best regards, Marc

<div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>Hello to all,<br />
    <br />
    I just installed a new Debian 11 system, and I choose KDE Plasma as my desktop environment.<br />
    I only having a problem by change my users settings.<br />
    <br />
    At my Debian install, I define a root user account. After install, I've tried to go to the settings/user settings and I found that I can't change any setting on my users :<br />
    <br />
    1. First I hed just one user, "marc". I tryed to add an email and make it an "Administrator", but I had an error when applying the changes.<br />
    2. I then try to add a 2nd user "cat". It did work, but when I try to change it to admin or add the email address, I had the same error than before.<br />
    3. Using the terminal, I add "marc" to the sudoers file. But even than I wasn't abble to add the users email or change "cat" account to admin.<br />
    <br />
    Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening?<br />
    <br />
    Thanks in advance for all your help,<br />
    <br />
    Best regards,<br />
    Marc</div>
    <div class="syno-mc-signature">&nbsp;</div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Helge Reimer@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 2 17:10:01 2021
    Am Dienstag, 2. November 2021, 15:14:29 CET schrieb lists.debian@netc.eu:

change "cat" account to admin. Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening? Thanks in advance for all your help, Best regards, Marc

That is one of the problems which I meant with my mail of 10/22 with the subject "org.freedesktop.accounts.policy"

Either the user has to be a member of the group 'sudo', or you have to edit / usr/share/polkit-1/org.freedesktop.accounts.policy.

With a single user system sudo might not be a problem, with a multi-user system you have to edit '/ etc / sudoers' quite laboriously if not everyone should be allowed to do everything.

I would therefore rather edit org.freedesktop.accounts.policy and use '<allow_active> auth_self </allow_active>' instead of 'auth_admin' in the corresponding sections.
    Then you have to authenticate yourself with your own password.

--
    Gruß
    Helge

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Marcelo Malzyner@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 3 11:10:02 2021
    Hello and thanks for the answer. In fact adding the user image fix he problem, I could then change it's settings. Le 2021-11-02 16:01, luca.pedrielli <agoiza@gmail.com> a écrit : > > Il 02/11/21 15:14, lists.debian@netc.eu (mailto:lists.debian@netc.eu)
    ha scritto: > > > > > > > > > > Hello to all, > > > > I just installed a new Debian 11 system, and I choose KDE Plasma as my desktop environment. > > I only having a problem by change my users settings. > > > > At my Debian install, I define a root user
    account. After install, I've tried to go to the settings/user settings and I found that I can't change any setting on my users : > > > > 1. First I hed just one user, "marc". I tryed to add an email and make it an "Administrator", but I had an error when
    applying the changes. > > 2. I then try to add a 2nd user "cat". It did work, but when I try to change it to admin or add the email address, I had the same error than before. > > 3. Using the terminal, I add "marc" to the sudoers file. But even than I
    wasn't abble to add the users email or change "cat" account to admin. > > > > Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening? > > > > Thanks in advance for all your help, > > > > Best regards, > > Marc > > > > > > I had the same problem. > > org.
    kde.kcm_users: "org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed" "file '/home/mario/.face' is not a regular file" > > If I choose an avatar seems working > > -- Saluti, Luca Pedrielli

<div>Hello and thanks for the answer.</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>In fact adding the user image fix he problem, I could then change it's settings.</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div class="">
    <div>Le 2021-11-02 16:01, luca.pedrielli &lt;agoiza@gmail.com&gt; a écrit :</div>
    <blockquote class="syno-mc-blockquote" style="padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; border-left: #c8d2dc 2px solid;">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Il 02/11/21 15:14, <a href="mailto:lists.debian@netc.eu" target="_blank" syno-mc-class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" rel="noopener noreferrer">lists.debian@netc.eu</a> ha scritto:</div>
    <div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:5b944508-3ed6-4348-a072-a8dfab7a4478@dibs18"> <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>Hello to all,<br />
    <br />
    I just installed a new Debian 11 system, and I choose KDE Plasma as my desktop environment.<br />
    I only having a problem by change my users settings.<br />
    <br />
    At my Debian install, I define a root user account. After install, I've tried to go to the settings/user settings and I found that I can't change any setting on my users :<br />
    <br />
    1. First I hed just one user, "marc". I tryed to add an email and make it an "Administrator", but I had an error when applying the changes.<br />
    2. I then try to add a 2nd user "cat". It did work, but when I try to change it to admin or add the email address, I had the same error than before.<br />
    3. Using the terminal, I add "marc" to the sudoers file. But even than I wasn't abble to add the users email or change "cat" account to admin.<br />
    <br />
    Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening?<br />
    <br />
    Thanks in advance for all your help,<br />
    <br />
    Best regards,<br />
    Marc</div>
    </blockquote>
    </div>
    I had the same problem.<br />
    <br />
    <span style="font-family: monospace;">org.kde.kcm_users: "org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed" "file '/home/mario/.face' is not a regular file"</span><br />
    <br />
    If I choose an avatar seems working<br />
    <pre class="moz-signature">--
    Saluti, Luca Pedrielli </pre></blockquote>
    </div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05