• Plasma 5.23 upload to unstable is complete

From Patrick Franz@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 17 00:30:01 2021
    Hi all,

the upload of Plasma 5.23 to unstable is complete and it should be safe
    to upgrade.

Just a couple of notes:
    * When you upgrade, make sure to upgrade all packages to 5.23.
    * ksysguard has been removed and when upgrading, make sure that the
    packages get removed e.g. by using "dist-upgrade".
    * A minor hiccup seems to be that the keybinding for KRunner (Alt+F2/ Alt+Space) seems to have been lost as the option appears twice in systemsettings. But you can easily restore the default setting for the keybinding in the settings.

Have fun.

--
    Med vänliga hälsningar

Patrick Franz

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Luc Castermans@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 17 08:10:02 2021
    ... i had fun for sure! thanks to all that made this happen.

Luc

Op zo 17 okt. 2021 00:25 schreef Patrick Franz <deltaone@debian.org>:

Hi all,

to upgrade.

Just a couple of notes:
    * A minor hiccup seems to be that the keybinding for KRunner (Alt+F2/ Alt+Space) seems to have been lost as the option appears twice in systemsettings. But you can easily restore the default setting for the keybinding in the settings.

Have fun.

--
    Med vänliga hälsningar

Patrick Franz

<div dir="auto">... i had fun for sure! thanks to all that made this happen.<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Luc</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Op zo 17 okt. 2021 00:25 schreef Patrick Franz &lt;<a href=
    "mailto:deltaone@debian.org">deltaone@debian.org</a>&gt;:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi all,<br>

the upload of Plasma 5.23 to unstable is complete and it should be safe <br>
    to upgrade.<br>

Just a couple of notes:<br>
    * When you upgrade, make sure to upgrade all packages to 5.23.<br>
    * ksysguard has been removed and when upgrading, make sure that the <br> packages get removed e.g. by using &quot;dist-upgrade&quot;.<br>
    * A minor hiccup seems to be that the keybinding for KRunner (Alt+F2/<br> Alt+Space) seems to have been lost as the option appears twice in <br> systemsettings. But you can easily restore the default setting for the <br> keybinding in the settings.<br>

Have fun.<br>

-- <br>
    Med vänliga hälsningar<br>

Patrick Franz<br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sami Erjomaa@21:1/5 to Patrick Franz on Sun Oct 17 08:20:01 2021
    On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 at 01:25, Patrick Franz <deltaone@debian.org> wrote:

Hi all,

to upgrade.

Just a couple of notes:

Have fun.

--
    Med vänliga hälsningar

Patrick Franz

Hi,

Thank You all (Kde/QT Team).

Is ksysguard package deprecated upstream since that hasn't been updated yet? https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ksysguardhttps://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ksysguard

If it is deprecated it should be removed from plasma-desktop
    recommendations.

For me the Alt+F2 and Alt+Space work as they should.

--
    Sami Erjomaa

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 at 01:25, Patrick Franz &lt;<a href="mailto:deltaone@debian.org">deltaone@debian.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-
    left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hi all,<br>

the upload of Plasma 5.23 to unstable is complete and it should be safe <br>
    to upgrade.<br>

Just a couple of notes:<br>
    * When you upgrade, make sure to upgrade all packages to 5.23.<br>
    * ksysguard has been removed and when upgrading, make sure that the <br> packages get removed e.g. by using &quot;dist-upgrade&quot;.<br>
    * A minor hiccup seems to be that the keybinding for KRunner (Alt+F2/<br> Alt+Space) seems to have been lost as the option appears twice in <br> systemsettings. But you can easily restore the default setting for the <br> keybinding in the settings.<br>

Have fun.<br>

-- <br>
    Med vänliga hälsningar<br>

Patr
  • From Diederik de Haas@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 17 11:05:57 2021
    On Sunday, 17 October 2021 00:24:47 CEST Patrick Franz wrote:

I also lost all my custom keybinding (Win+T=Konsole f.e.), but I've been able to set them again.
    With a previous upgrade I lost my keyboard shortcut for the Application Launcher (just the Win key) and I wasn't able to set it back myself. But for a completely unknown reason to me, at some point that keyboard shortcut was set to Win again. I've now lost it again and I don't know how to set it back to just the Win key.
    Does anyone know how to set it to just the Win key?

Cheers,
    Diederik
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEABYIAB0WIQT1sUPBYsyGmi4usy/XblvOeH7bbgUCYWvndQAKCRDXblvOeH7b bthwAQD6hfG0AWvLK3qZyy5iEBCqDDTELNtD0uBnZh+iejRFwgEA44NqZvonb11M KLMKcVG0IIlFBJqkUTGIGwF8EMcP7wQ=
    =BGvc
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05