• Re: Bug#1002976: installation-reports: Installer Fault Accessibility No

From john doe@21:1/5 to Jr. on Sun Jan 2 14:30:02 2022
    On 1/2/2022 1:56 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
    On Sun, Jan 2, 2022, 03:59 Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:

Hi,

Am 2. Januar 2022 02:40:16 MEZ schrieb "David J. Ring, Jr." <n1ea@arrl.net >>> :

lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U
    Audio Controller [8086:160c] (rev 09)

As I already wrote:
    my best guess for this one would be
    https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/#errata

So is this fixed? Does the daily our weekly installer with firmware allow speech to be heard during installation?

No it is not.

Pick the desired architecture at (1) and remember that this is a work
    in progress!

Feedback from the comunity will eventually make this workable for all of us.

1) https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-builds/sid_d-i/current/

--
    John Doe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Andrew M.A. Cater@21:1/5 to Jr. on Sun Jan 2 14:20:01 2022
    On Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 07:56:46AM -0500, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

Hi,

Am 2. Januar 2022 02:40:16 MEZ schrieb "David J. Ring, Jr." <n1ea@arrl.net >:

lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller [8086:160c] (rev 09)

As I already wrote:
    my best guess for this one would be https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/#errata

Holger

--
    Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3

Holger,

So is this fixed? Does the daily our weekly installer with firmware allow speech to be heard during installation?

Thank you,
    David

Hi David,

No: it's one of the annoyances at the moment that there are three areas
    where firmware is increasingly required - and they vary from machine to machine.

It has got to the stage where the stock installer - without firmware - is, effectively, unusable to install over WiFi with most chipsets, for example.

Various video chipsets now require firmware from the outset: some of them
    may, exceptionally, drop back to a VESA-compliant mode so that you could
    do a text mode install - but will give you a black screen thereafter.

We have the situation - which may be yours - where some Intel chipsets now require dedicated firmware for sound to work.

All rather frustrating: there is talk of a GR [General Resolution] on
    firmware to be put to the Debian developers once the current round of
    voting is over because the position that we've held for many years on
    firmware and non-freeness is now actively detrimental to the success
    of Debian installs.

Other distributions may vary: Ubuntu has a different outlook and more liberal policy and Fedora - which is equally concerned with software freedom -
    has a very clear policy set out here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Binary_Firmware

Hope this helps, all the very best, as ever.

Andy Cater

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From D.J.J. Ring, Jr.@21:1/5 to johndoe65534@mail.com on Mon Jan 3 00:20:01 2022
    On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 8:25 AM john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Am 2. Januar 2022 02:40:16 MEZ schrieb "David J. Ring, Jr." < n1ea@arrl.net
    :

lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U

As I already wrote:

No it is not.

in progress!

Feedback from the comunity will eventually make this workable for all of
    us.

1)

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-builds/sid_d-i/current/

--
    John Doe

Hello John Doe,

I picked the correct architecture, downloaded, checked the sha250sum, then
    used dd to make a usb bootable usb stick.

It detected my sound card, but after that no sound was heard in the
    accessible install.

I remember that someone told me there was a switch to somehow save log
    files while installing and a way to upload them to pastebin web site, but I have forgotten how to do that, and I cannot find any documentation to help
    me.

I need something to tell the developers about the problems with the
    installer without actually installing Debian, as I have already installed Debian and I have the installer logs.

In other words, I need to run the installer and when it doesn't speak, I
    need to find the reason and send it to someone.

Regards,

David

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-size:small"><br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 8:25 AM john doe &lt;<a href="mailto:johndoe65534@mail.com">
    johndoe65534@mail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 1/2/2022 1:56 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:<br>
    &gt; On Sun, Jan 2, 2022, 03:59 Holger Wansing &lt;<a href="mailto:hwansing@mailbox.org" target="_blank">hwansing@mailbox.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; Hi,<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; Am 2. Januar 2022 02:40:16 MEZ schrieb &quot;David J. Ring, Jr.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:n1ea@arrl.net" target="_blank">n1ea@arrl.net</a><br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt; :<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt; lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U<br>
    &gt;&gt; Audio Controller [8086:160c] (rev 09)<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; As I already wrote:<br>
    &gt;&gt; my best guess for this one would be<br>
    &gt;&gt; <a href="https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/#errata" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/#errata</a><br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; So is this fixed? Does the daily our weekly installer with firmware allow<br>
    &gt; speech to be heard during installation?<br>
    &gt;<br>

No it is not.<br>

Pick the desired architecture  at (1) and remember that this is a work<br>
    in progress!<br>

Feedback from the comunity will eventually make this workable for all of us.<br>

1)<br>
    <a href="https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-builds/sid_d-i/current/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-builds/sid_d-i/
    current/</a><br>

--<br>
    John Doe<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default">Hello John Doe,</div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default">I picked the correct
    architecture, downloaded, checked the sha250sum, then used dd to make a usb bootable usb stick.</div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default">It detected my sound card, but after that
    no sound was heard in the accessible install.</div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default">I remember that someone told me there was a switch to somehow save log files while
    installing and a way to upload them to pastebin web site, but I have forgotten how to do that, and I cannot find any documentation to help me.</div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_
    default">I need something to tell the developers about the problems with the installer without actually installing Debian, as I have already installed Debian and I have the installer logs.</div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div>
    <div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default">In other words, I need to run the installer and when it doesn&#39;t speak, I need to find the reason and send it to someone.</div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="
    font-size:small" class="gmail_default">Regards,</div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default">David<br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="
    font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div><div style="font-size:small" class="gmail_default"><br></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john doe@21:1/5 to Jr. on Mon Jan 3 08:10:02 2022
    On 1/3/2022 12:18 AM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

Hi,

Am 2. Januar 2022 02:40:16 MEZ schrieb "David J. Ring, Jr." <
    n1ea@arrl.net
    :

lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U >>>> Audio Controller [8086:160c] (rev 09)

As I already wrote:

So is this fixed? Does the daily our weekly installer with firmware allow >>> speech to be heard during installation?

No it is not.

in progress!

Feedback from the comunity will eventually make this workable for all of
    us.

1)

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-builds/sid_d-i/current/

--
    John Doe

Hello John Doe,

I picked the correct architecture, downloaded, checked the sha250sum, then used dd to make a usb bootable usb stick.

It detected my sound card, but after that no sound was heard in the accessible install.

files while installing and a way to upload them to pastebin web site, but I have forgotten how to do that, and I cannot find any documentation to help me.

installer without actually installing Debian, as I have already installed Debian and I have the installer logs.

How are you able to "Install Debian With Speach' if the installer does
    not speak after having detecting your sound card?

--
    John Doe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From D.J.J. Ring, Jr.@21:1/5 to johndoe65534@mail.com on Mon Jan 3 09:10:01 2022
    On Mon, Jan 3, 2022, 02:09 john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022, 03:59 Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
    wrote:

Hi,

n1ea@arrl.net
    :

lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation
    Broadwell-U

As I already wrote:

So is this fixed? Does the daily our weekly installer with firmware
    allow
    speech to be heard during installation?

No it is not.

in progress!

Feedback from the comunity will eventually make this workable for all of >> us.

1)

--
    John Doe

Hello John Doe,

I picked the correct architecture, downloaded, checked the sha250sum,
    then

It detected my sound card, but after that no sound was heard in the accessible install.

I remember that someone told me there was a switch to somehow save log files while installing and a way to upload them to pastebin web site,
    but I
    have forgotten how to do that, and I cannot find any documentation to
    help
    me.

I need something to tell the developers about the problems with the installer without actually installing Debian, as I have already installed Debian and I have the installer logs.

--
    John Doe

I use a magnifier glass to read the screen.

Best to you,

David

<div dir="auto"><div><br><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Jan 3, 2022, 02:09 john doe &lt;<a href="mailto:johndoe65534@mail.com">johndoe65534@mail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="
    margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 1/3/2022 12:18 AM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:<br>
    &gt; On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 8:25 AM john doe &lt;<a href="mailto:johndoe65534@mail.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">johndoe65534@mail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; On 1/2/2022 1:56 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt; On Sun, Jan 2, 2022, 03:59 Holger Wansing &lt;<a href="mailto:hwansing@mailbox.org" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">hwansing@mailbox.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi,<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Am 2. Januar 2022 02:40:16 MEZ schrieb &quot;David J. Ring, Jr.&quot; &lt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; <a href="mailto:n1ea@arrl.net" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">n1ea@arrl.net</a><br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; :<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Audio Controller [8086:160c] (rev 09)<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; As I already wrote:<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; my best guess for this one would be<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/#errata" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/#errata</a><br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt; So is this fixed? Does the daily our weekly installer with firmware allow<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt; speech to be heard during installation?<br>
    &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; No it is not.<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; Pick the desired architecture  at (1) and remember that this is a work<br>
    &gt;&gt; in progress!<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; Feedback from the comunity will eventually make this workable for all of<br>
    &gt;&gt; us.<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; 1)<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; <a href="https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-builds/sid_d-i/current/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-
    builds/sid_d-i/current/</a><br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;&gt; --<br>
    &gt;&gt; John Doe<br>
    &gt;&gt;<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; Hello John Doe,<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; I picked the correct architecture, downloaded, checked the sha250sum, then<br>
    &gt; used dd to make a usb bootable usb stick.<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; It detected my sound card, but after that no sound was heard in the<br> &gt; accessible install.<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; I remember that someone told me there was a switch to somehow save log<br> &gt; files while installing and a way to upload them to pastebin web site, but I<br>
    &gt; have forgotten how to do that, and I cannot find any documentation to help<br>
    &gt; me.<br>
    &gt;<br>
    &gt; I need something to tell the developers about the problems with the<br> &gt; installer without actually installing Debian, as I have already installed<br>
    &gt; Debian and I have the installer logs.<br>
    &gt;<br>

How are you able to &quot;Install Debian With Speach&#39; if the installer does<br>
    not speak after having detecting your sound card?<br>

--<br>
    John Doe<br></blockquote></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I use a magnifier glass to read the screen.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Best to you,</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">David</div><div dir="
    auto"><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

</blockquote></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From D.J.J. Ring, Jr.@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 3 10:00:02 2022
    John Doe,

Someone told me of a method of saving log files from the installer before
    it writes to the hard drive it's going to install to.

The error occurs prior to writing to any partition.

If these errors are kept in system RAM until the partitions are formatted
    and then written to that partition, all is OK,

But the errors precede writing to disk.

I've asked already, maybe you answered with your "debug d-i" comment but I
    have no idea what it means or how to use it to help the boot and installer developers.

It seems this is an installer problem which wouldn't be written in the logs because it occurs before partitioning?

Thanks,

David

<div dir="auto">John Doe,<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Someone told me of a method of saving log files from the installer before it writes to the hard drive it&#39;s going to install to.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">The
    error occurs prior to writing to any partition.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">If these errors are kept in system RAM until the partitions are formatted and then written to that partition, all is OK,</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div
    dir="auto">But the errors precede writing to disk.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I&#39;ve asked already, maybe you answered with your &quot;debug d-i&quot; comment but I have no idea what it means or how to use it to help the boot and
    installer developers.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">It seems this is an installer problem which wouldn&#39;t be written in the logs because it occurs before partitioning?</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Thanks,</div><div
    dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">David</div><br><div class="gmail_quote" dir="auto"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr"><br></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john doe@21:1/5 to Jr. on Mon Jan 3 09:50:02 2022
    On 1/3/2022 9:06 AM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
    On Mon, Jan 3, 2022, 02:09 john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022, 03:59 Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
    wrote:

Hi,

n1ea@arrl.net
    :

lspci -knn: 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation
    Broadwell-U

As I already wrote:

So is this fixed? Does the daily our weekly installer with firmware
    allow
    speech to be heard during installation?

No it is not.

Pick the desired architecture at (1) and remember that this is a work >>>> in progress!

Feedback from the comunity will eventually make this workable for all of >>>> us.

1)

--
    John Doe

Hello John Doe,

I picked the correct architecture, downloaded, checked the sha250sum,
    then

It detected my sound card, but after that no sound was heard in the
    accessible install.

files while installing and a way to upload them to pastebin web site,
    but I
    have forgotten how to do that, and I cannot find any documentation to
    help
    me.

installer without actually installing Debian, as I have already installed >>> Debian and I have the installer logs.

--
    John Doe

I use a magnifier glass to read the screen.

Best to you,

David

Okay.

I'll say a fiew things:
    - While you certainly can debug d-i (debugging Debian installer), the
    easiest way to access logs is to tar up '/var/log/installer' after
    installation
    and to provided it as an attachment.
    - The utility 'dd' is not required to copy the iso onto the USB key, 'cp
    *.iso /dev/sdb' is enough.
    - If you reinstall Debian many times, you should maybe consider using a 'preseed' file.
    - As far as I understand it, everything is working fine on Buster but
    not on Bullseye, tarring the logs from a Buster installation and from
    Bullseye might give us some clues on where this is failing.

--
    John Doe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john doe@21:1/5 to Jr. on Mon Jan 3 10:20:01 2022
    On 1/3/2022 9:59 AM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
    John Doe,

Someone told me of a method of saving log files from the installer before
    it writes to the hard drive it's going to install to.

The error occurs prior to writing to any partition.

If these errors are kept in system RAM until the partitions are formatted
    and then written to that partition, all is OK,

But the errors precede writing to disk.

I've asked already, maybe you answered with your "debug d-i" comment but I have no idea what it means or how to use it to help the boot and installer developers.

From (1):

"These messages can also be found in /var/log/syslog. After
    installation, this log is copied to /var/log/installer/syslog on your
    new system. Other installation messages may be found in /var/log/ during
    the installation, and /var/log/installer/ after the computer has been
    booted into the installed system."

This should alleviate your conserns.

1) https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/ch06s01.en.html

--
    John Doe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From D.J.J. Ring, Jr.@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 3 16:20:02 2022
    No, John, it doesn't.

The errors are being made prior to installation. I previously used
    something to copy these logs to a pastebin while I was installing, this
    was done somewhere around the time of package selection because networking
    was running.

There was some screen where I could get these errors because I had been
    told they would be lost otherwise because they were prior to the installer writing to the mounted partition.

At the time of the errors I have no system running, only the installer,
    there are no consoles with bash running, only busybox.

If you don't know the answer, that's fine, but can you direct me to someone
    who does?

I remembered the person who told me what to do to get this hidden menu
    where I can hopefully send up into a pastebin the errors or maybe even correctly select my sound card. I haven't tried it, and I have no idea why
    this isn't documented because I've never seen it except this person knew
    about it.

Here's what I found out. It might be that this selection is available but I couldn't find it and I've been asking you and perhaps you don't know about
    it, but here it is. I still don't know if this will do what I did before to save files before the installation because the installation is successful,
    but the installation is also inaccessible.

Here it is:

You will need to go into the numbered menu during install.

At the boot prompt before any speech comes up:
    1) hit a then hit enter,
    2) hit s then hit enter,
    3) hit x then hit enter.
    Once that's done pick your sound card and after that you should hear a
    screen with a numbered menu on it.

You need to set message priority to low which asks the most questions once done.

You also want to choose save log files and store those on disk. All of those log files left on /mnt will need to be sent to debian-boot in order for
    you to get some help. I do this routinely whenever doing a debian install simply asa defensive measure. You get the numbered menu by hitting the <
    sign at prompts until the numbered menu shows up. That'll have about 25
    choices in it and hitting enter in that menu does the next default part of
    the installation. You likely will get into the numbered menu after
    networking gets set up.

Thanks,

David

<div dir="auto">No, John, it doesn&#39;t.<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">The errors are being made prior to installation.  I previously used something to copy these logs to a pastebin while  I was installing, this was done somewhere around
    the time of package selection because networking was running.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">There was  some screen where I could get these errors because I had been told they would be lost otherwise because they were prior to the
    installer writing to the mounted partition.  </div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">At the time of the errors I have no system running, only the installer, there are no consoles with bash running, only busybox.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><
    div dir="auto">If you don&#39;t know the answer, that&#39;s fine, but can you direct me to someone who does? </div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I remembered the person who told me what to do to get this hidden menu where I can hopefully
    send up into a pastebin the errors or maybe even correctly select my sound card. I haven&#39;t tried it, and I have no idea why this isn&#39;t documented because I&#39;ve never seen it except this person knew about it.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div
    dir="auto">Here&#39;s what I found out. It might be that this selection is available but I couldn&#39;t find it and I&#39;ve been asking you and perhaps you don&#39;t know about it, but here it is. I still don&#39;t know if this will do what I did before
    to save files before the installation because the installation is successful, but the installation is also inaccessible.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Here it is:</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">You will need to go into
    the numbered menu during install.  </div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">At the boot prompt before any speech comes up:</div><div dir="auto">1) hit a then hit enter,</div><div dir="auto">2) hit s then hit enter,</div><div dir="auto">3) hit x
    then hit enter.</div><div dir="auto">Once that&#39;s done pick your sound card and after that you should hear a</div><div dir="auto">screen with a numbered menu on it.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">You need to
    set message priority to low which asks the most questions once </div><div dir="auto">done.  </div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">You also want to choose save log files and store those on disk. All of those</div><div dir="auto">log files
    left on /mnt will need to be sent to debian-boot in order for</div><div dir="auto">you to get some help. I do this routinely whenever doing a debian install</div><div dir="auto">simply asa defensive measure. You get the numbered menu by hitting the &lt;
    </div><div dir="auto">sign at prompts until the numbered menu shows up. That&#39;ll have about 25</div><div dir="auto">choices in it and hitting enter in that menu does the next default part of</div><div dir="auto">the installation. You likely will get
    into the numbered menu after</div><div dir="auto">networking gets set up.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Thanks,</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">David</div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05