• simple-cdd: Firmware inclusion broken for Bullseye?

From Scott@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 19 10:30:01 2021
    Hi,

I have a feeling that non-free firmware inclusion is not working in
    simple-cdd on Bullseye.

Can anyone confirm that they have a simple-cdd project which has been
    observed to include non-free firmware in the image when run on Bullseye?

I have a simple-cdd project which includes non-free firmware when run on Buster, but fails to include non-free firmware when run on Bullseye.

It's been suggested to me to include `export FORCE_FIRMWARE=1` in the
    conf file, but this still doesn't result in the firmware being included
    in the image.

What I have observed, if this is useful information, is that:

1. When I run my project without FORCE_FIRMWARE, I see a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/firmware-packages` which includes
    the name of the firmware I want to add to the image.

2. When I run my project with FORCE_FIRMWARE, I see a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/firmware-packages` AND a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/tasks/firmware` and both these files include the name of the firmware I want to add to the image.

But the firmware never finds its way into the image.

If it's any use, here's the project: https://github.com/countermeasure/basic-box/

Thanks,

Scott

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Cyril Brulebois@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 19 12:40:02 2021
    Hi Scott,

Scott <debian@zxkf.club> (2021-11-19):
    I have a feeling that non-free firmware inclusion is not working in simple-cdd on Bullseye.

kibi@tokyo:~$ apt-cache show simple-cdd

Maintainer: Simple-CDD Developers <simple-cdd@packages.debian.org>

Cc-ing accordingly.

Can anyone confirm that they have a simple-cdd project which has been observed to include non-free firmware in the image when run on Bullseye?

I have a simple-cdd project which includes non-free firmware when run on Buster, but fails to include non-free firmware when run on Bullseye.

It's been suggested to me to include `export FORCE_FIRMWARE=1` in the conf file, but this still doesn't result in the firmware being included in the image.

What I have observed, if this is useful information, is that:

1. When I run my project without FORCE_FIRMWARE, I see a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/firmware-packages` which includes the name of the firmware I want to add to the image.

2. When I run my project with FORCE_FIRMWARE, I see a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/firmware-packages` AND a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/tasks/firmware` and both these files include the name of the firmware I want to add to the image.

But the firmware never finds its way into the image.

If it's any use, here's the project: https://github.com/countermeasure/basic-box/

Thanks,

Scott

Cheers,
    --
    Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org) <https://debamax.com/>
    D-I release manager -- Release team member -- Freelance Consultant

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAABCgAdFiEEtg6/KYRFPHDXTPR4/5FK8MKzVSAFAmGXjPEACgkQ/5FK8MKz VSBKqBAAjWVYikJgxW3jUzY0iSYB3H52aqr1DcGOpoakDe/Bk7+SxuWbNBUg6L/S Mpy09lI+kWwDDuGaY6PA5JuhwmN6QmVx7Gj7rJzWYK6+RLcuqzyVsfJQpiykyqkU UYuMQOS4ya2zkkI/5Ss5RHhBh/AYV/EINuflurzfV9ZabTE0pGXqcFgwvZdWdjUI P4/eB/cyXflSZkLkizpu7rAM2VPwAdMobNaaQnT1sud72Q2v4GgJ/HRRvpMDymLt 29is3YjtqinGQz+16Ixt7f8olvTxMjophYYfrnAtw/Q0In1IGxasB90s0mFRmlQW rM48KRoHg/hzOhwV97wSWD5kKYvc6VDDxZ1LYDhCdVwIHX6NT/ba82ig17Q7yd89 jNKqfLQdOLHflcaB58EaxsmBM7Afjsb7uarilKBQYZ0m6YQOh1pHvK4G9xZHVb2y 92egLhhbVT6bUI/DmINsMSNb3yZdxnnhHCTz1gaEstA1yQ6a0UU8zqwKtYhvj9+w sfP3kMqHY7nYTKLAoU5kaOnhU94nrxzY8/73nCMsPDqkxw8qA3c2QxrspFujkn/i TzGkpIFSXhr2Cgoqn7LtI09GQqYpaWC4fMxX21iupexjlJbR2MHi1zyGG9jYzHxW jTR0wJ/5coU7jT57vHEcGW6zp6iDzFnej0fy+ZegxtU44kldmbc=
    =RMVy
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05