• Bootloader error grub minimal bash "load the kernel first" after instal

From Sakkra Billa@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 18 15:50:01 2023
    I followed the tutorial from: https://www.willhaley.com/blog/custom-debian-live-environment/ to make a
    live custom debian 12 image. In order to install it on my VM I installed calamares, calamares-settings-debian and rsync . The live image works
    perfectly and the installation also finishes without errors but when i
    reboot my VM into the installed environment, it boots into grub minimal
    bash line editing mode. On typing boot it says "load the kernel first".* I
    did not change any of the calamares settings everything is default*. I
    guess that i am missing some important files or applications required for installation. Please guide me that where did i go wrong and how can i make
    my live iso installable.
    Thanks in advance,

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><span style="color:rgb(28,28,28);font-family:&quot;Noto Sans&quot;,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px">I followed the tutorial from: </span><a href="https://www.willhaley.com/blog/custom-debian-live-environment/" rel="noopener
    nofollow ugc" target="_blank" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-variant-numeric:inherit;font-variant-east-asian:inherit;font-variant-alternates:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:14px;line-height:inherit;font-family:&quot;Noto Sans&quot;,
    Arial,sans-serif;font-kerning:inherit;font-feature-settings:inherit;vertical-align:baseline">https://www.willhaley.com/blog/custom-debian-live-environment/</a><span style="color:rgb(28,28,28);font-family:&quot;Noto Sans&quot;,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:
    14px"> to make a live custom debian 12 image. In order to install it on my VM I installed calamares, calamares-settings-debian and rsync . The live image works perfectly and the installation also finishes without errors but when i reboot my VM into the
    installed environment, it boots into grub minimal bash line editing mode. On typing boot it says &quot;load the kernel first&quot;.<b> I did not change any of the calamares settings everything is default</b>. I guess that i am missing some important
    files or applications required for installation. Please guide me that where did i go wrong and how can i make my live iso installable. </span><br></div><div><span style="color:rgb(28,28,28);font-family:&quot;Noto Sans&quot;,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:
    14px">Thanks in advance,</span></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Thomas Schmitt@21:1/5 to Sakkra Billa on Fri Aug 18 16:20:01 2023
    Hi,

Sakkra Billa wrote:
    In order to
    install it on my VM I installed calamares, calamares-settings-debian and rsync

My advise from debian-user to ask at debian-boot was rather a reply to
    your other statement:

Sakkra Billa wrote:
    I tried debian di too but wasn't successful in that
    either it said that the kernel version for live and installer
    were not the same.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)