• Help with installing debian

From Rohan J. Tilwani@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 23 17:20:01 2021
    Hello there,
    I am facing a serious issues installing the "Bullseye" version of debian. Especially with Disks. I would be glad if you help me out. I am trying to install live+nonfree latest version of debian. Initially i get error that
    says SM bus busy. After I boot into live environment, I get another issue.
    I cant locate my secondary HDD on Lenovo slim 5.(i5 11th gen, Nvidia MX450, 8gigs RAM, 256gigs SSD+1TB HDD). Please help.
    Thank you.

<div dir="ltr">Hello there,<div>I am facing a serious issues installing the &quot;Bullseye&quot; version of debian. Especially with Disks. I would be glad if you help me out. I am trying to install live+nonfree latest version of debian. Initially i get
    error that says SM bus busy. After I boot into live environment, I get another issue. I cant locate my secondary HDD on Lenovo slim 5.(i5 11th gen, Nvidia MX450, 8gigs RAM, 256gigs SSD+1TB HDD). Please help.</div><div>Thank you.</div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Andrew M.A. Cater@21:1/5 to Rohan J. Tilwani on Sat Sep 25 14:00:02 2021
    On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 08:28:46PM +0530, Rohan J. Tilwani wrote:
    Hello there,
    I am facing a serious issues installing the "Bullseye" version of debian. Especially with Disks. I would be glad if you help me out. I am trying to install live+nonfree latest version of debian. Initially i get error that says SM bus busy. After I boot into live environment, I get another issue.
    I cant locate my secondary HDD on Lenovo slim 5.(i5 11th gen, Nvidia MX450, 8gigs RAM, 256gigs SSD+1TB HDD). Please help.
    Thank you.

Hello Rohan,

This might be better asked on debian-user which is the mailing list for
    user support.

A couple of straightfrorward questions:

Is this a first ever Debian install for you?

Do you have any other operating system on the laptop that you wish to
    retain?

Do you wnt the laptop to only run Debian?

I would suggest that you use the standard Debian installer (rather than a
    Live DVD) and also that you use the unofficial installer which does contain
    the firmware found in non-free.

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-11.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso is the small
    netinst image.

Hope this helps,

With every good wish,

Andrew Cater

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)