• Eric-22.12 and trove-classifiers

From =?UTF-8?B?R3XDsGrDs24gR3XDsGrDs25zc@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 17 18:10:01 2022
    Hi list

I am working on eric and I do have an issue before release.

It depends on trove-classifiers which isn't packaged in Debian. I have
    tried to make a package out of it but not luck.

First it depends on calver that is not packaged in Debian.

Secondly. After having installed calver, the build stops with the following error:
    E: pybuild pybuild:386: configure: plugin distutils failed with: exit
    code=1: python3.11 setup.py config
    dh_auto_configure: error: pybuild --configure -i python{version} -p "3.11
    3.10" returned exit code 13
    make: *** [debian/rules:10: binary] Error 13

Does anyone have a solution to this?

If anyone is willing to package these or even adopt eric, you are more than welcome.

Regards
    Gudjon

<div dir="ltr"><div>Hi list</div><div><br></div><div>I am working on eric and I do have an issue before release.</div><div><br></div><div>It depends on trove-classifiers which isn&#39;t packaged in Debian. I have tried to make a package out of it but not
    luck.</div><div><br></div><div>First it depends on calver that is not packaged in Debian.</div><div><br></div><div>Secondly. After having installed calver, the build stops with the following error:</div><div><span style="font-family:monospace"><span
    style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">E: pybuild pybuild:386: configure: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python3.11 setup.py config  </span><br><span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,
    255)">dh_auto_configure</span><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">: </span><span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(255,84,84);background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">error</span><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(
    255,255,255)">: pybuild --configure -i python{version} -p &quot;3.11 3.10&quot; returned exit code 13
    </span><br>make: *** [debian/rules:10: binary] Error 13<br> <br></span></div><div>Does anyone have a solution to this?</div><div><br></div><div>If anyone is willing to package these or even adopt eric, you are more than welcome.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div>Gudjon<br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?B?R3XDsGrDs24gR3XDsGrDs25zc@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 18 16:10:01 2022
    Hi again list

The trove-classfiers library is only three minor files and the calver
    library is a single small file, I don't find
    it worth it to make Debian packages out of them plus I can only build them using setuptools.

Eric contains a ThirdParty directory and I can add the trove-classifiers
    there and it works perfectly.
    Is there any drawback from adding trove-classifiers as a patch in the Eric package?

/Gudjon

<div dir="ltr"><div>Hi again list</div><div><br></div><div>The trove-classfiers library is only three minor files and the calver library is a single small file, I don&#39;t find <br></div><div>it worth it to make Debian packages out of them plus I can
    only build them using setuptools.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Eric contains a ThirdParty directory and I can add the trove-classifiers there and it works perfectly.</div><div>Is there any drawback from adding trove-classifiers as a patch in the Eric
    package?</div><div><br></div>/Gudjon<br></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dmitry Shachnev@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 20 23:10:01 2022
    Hi Guđjón!

[We discussed this in private but I will copy my answers to the list.]

On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 06:09:21PM +0000, Guđjón Guđjónsson wrote:
    Hi list

I am working on eric and I do have an issue before release.

It depends on trove-classifiers which isn't packaged in Debian. I have
    tried to make a package out of it but not luck.

First it depends on calver that is not packaged in Debian.

Secondly. After having installed calver, the build stops with the following error:
    E: pybuild pybuild:386: configure: plugin distutils failed with: exit
    code=1: python3.11 setup.py config
    dh_auto_configure: error: pybuild --configure -i python{version} -p "3.11 3.10" returned exit code 13
    make: *** [debian/rules:10: binary] Error 13

Does anyone have a solution to this?

calver sets the version based on the current date. We don't want this,
    we want to use the same version that upstream used when generating the
    tarball.

To achieve that, you may export DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM from debian/rules,
    and then patch setup.py to remove use_calver=True and instead pass version=os.environ["DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM"] to setup().

On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 04:01:05PM +0000, Guđjón Guđjónsson wrote:
    The trove-classfiers library is only three minor files and the calver
    library is a single small file, I don't find
    it worth it to make Debian packages out of them plus I can only build them using setuptools.

Eric contains a ThirdParty directory and I can add the trove-classifiers there and it works perfectly.
    Is there any drawback from adding trove-classifiers as a patch in the Eric package?

I think it's better to have trove-classifiers packaged separately. It looks like it's updated quite frequently (around 2 times a month, see [1]), so
    having it as a separate package will allow us to update it on its own
    schedule.

--
    Dmitry Shachnev

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAABCgAdFiEE5688gqe4PSusUZcLZkYmW1hrg8sFAmOiMXIACgkQZkYmW1hr g8sqGg//cGvvLxPY2tKLdJ+VVK9x87cwp62D67CbhN4JjLJ/7iWA68rBpnhc/gO7 /00EEaJ90jqs+Ydz8HdRln6JEy/Z4xNSoBWvNWYS3ZpJEDZaHelk5caASIIRqqPi 0kcWWyKuHFRlzs+VmeSRSyuB5+TqpxrWi8ORPyiWNqEK9Kh/BiqrhvIK+vTqh7/S o++6bAzAhTPc9FKdD3+YCuitdMM6ABpOfqPxQuKBf9wGwy+MiM+T5C7C3M22ZhWQ aRyk9rEtNvhkzCcipirXi3oPTMrv2WNx2BDGyV0tJxZ21VRHiBKwqksUI4+tlnMm Pizgf41lnqBBkxeCNkZY4YaIfwabY75MHp7jfcjRX6DcjBjuITEZi4SARg94Dm9l ivBtkthv7BaF3lqy8ZI0T3pzbTo5NCWMYTnIQvciwFyXDOtLWdrhplq4Bn2Ku6t2 AHa7etxQkzyfpk+qO4LsDK5v9LoreTy2p7fKs97f7IIfohfmJS5Oyh0RYmmPpVzt AKHz1YrBO50cDlkP73vfBARLlUOCTGEeTtirzLqckQKBE+n4cNxq2N2MKAPxSGpV gymCrHkDWHCKHDGogKQh3nTgcE2u2HX9a8kc0S7E6bQ3wp4uFPaHZIkCoes6bPzb SHkIHMbLvstH/Kgifh5Cr152bk8RbuTEf4ip6M89fZH5BKLwqq8=
    =FLif
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?R3XDsGrDs24gR3XDsGrDs25zc@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 21 07:00:01 2022
    Hi Dmitry

Thanks a lot for all help. I did implement your patches and
    trove-classifiers is now on salsa: https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/trove-classifiers

If you or anyone is willing to upload, I would be very happy.

Regards
    Gudjon

<div dir="ltr"><div>Hi Dmitry</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks a lot for all help. I did implement your patches and<br></div><div>trove-classifiers is now on salsa:</div><div><a href="https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/trove-classifiers">https:/
    /salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/trove-classifiers</a></div><div><br></div><div>If you or anyone is willing to upload, I would be very happy.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div>Gudjon</div><div><br></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05